News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

FOOTBALL DRAFT DISCUSSION

Started by Cory, November 26, 2012, 02:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Brady > Montana. 3 super bowls and counting and far better stats than Montana.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Screw "era" analysis. Maybe the rules were tougher when Montana played, but the players are FAR superior athletes now.

You either go by stats or super bowls.

Super Bowls:

Montana 4
Brady 3 (not done).

You cant say for sure Brady will win another, but I think a 1 super bowl difference, especially when its comparing multiple (as oppose to say, winning only 1 (getting lucky) to a guy with 2.)

Stats (from that link)

In the same year played, Brady has 5,000 more passing yards, 58 more touchdowns, 8 LESS INT's, and more wins.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Mike Powers

Montanas era was far more challenging than the current. Athletes may be bigger/stronger/faster, but nearly every ounce of fundamentals has been lost in this game. Also, the QBs are protected like GODS now, so they have the swagger to make all those throws, knowing they have the whistle on their side.

GM Franchise

Brady is better overall. Montana has more Super Bowl wins but Brady has been to more Super Bowls and his regular season stats crush Montana's stats.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Mike Powers

Apples and oranges, regarding stats now vs. stats then, for reasons I posted above you.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Mike "I Have The" Powers on February 06, 2013, 06:05:23 PM
Apples and oranges, regarding stats now vs. stats then, for reasons I posted above you.

I agree with this completely and use it constantly in NBA arguments when comparing 80's players to today's players.