News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2013-14 NFL Discussion Thread

Started by Cory, September 04, 2013, 01:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

And who has him on his fantasy squad? This guy!

Justin

Quote from: Mike Powers on September 06, 2013, 12:47:39 AM

I have him on one of my other money leagues!!  And Welker.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Mike Powers on September 06, 2013, 12:47:39 AM

Go Fuck Yourself Powers.

Who lost in his first week of Fantasy without any of his players playing yet .... this guy -__-

Cory

Yeah, in my league with my buddies the guy im going up against had Manning and Welker.

...I do have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones against a poor Saints D (hopefully a shoot-out) and I can cover some ground there, but fuck Gayton Manning and his noodle arm.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

In the league I run with my buddies I have Peyton Manning and Julius Thomas.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Hondo

Quote from: Cory on September 04, 2013, 10:35:46 PM
I have a gut feeling tho that the Broncos/Ravens is gonna be a snore fest. Oh well, the worst NFL game is still better than the greatest CFL game.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

Game wasnt bad at all, but I wouldnt say it was good. Watching a slow first half, a gassed ravens for the rest of the game for Manning to feast on wasnt exactly keeping me on the edge of my seat. The last 5 mins was good, when the idiot dropped the ball before the endzone like DeSean Jackson and when Baltimore started to make a game of it.

Hondo

Quote from: Cory on September 06, 2013, 01:21:37 PM
Game wasnt bad at all, but I wouldnt say it was good. Watching a slow first half, a gassed ravens for the rest of the game for Manning to feast on wasnt exactly keeping me on the edge of my seat. The last 5 mins was good, when the idiot dropped the ball before the endzone like DeSean Jackson and when Baltimore started to make a game of it.

Sorry Cory boy, if a dude throws seven touchdowns and sets or ties five different NFL records and personally makes the defending Super Bowl Champions his personal slampiece, then that's a good game, no matter hwo you slice it.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

Hondo

Cory

Quote from: JackHondo on September 06, 2013, 01:26:06 PM

Sorry Cory boy, if a dude throws seven touchdowns and sets or ties five different NFL records and personally makes the defending Super Bowl Champions his personal slampiece, then that's a good game, no matter hwo you slice it.

Hondo World Order.

fuck peyton manning again.

Hondo

LOL. Never noticed the typo. Was wondering.

MattWard

my friend is kicking himself in the ass because he traded payton manning for Darren Sprolls because he has Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers as his QBs

GM Franchise

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on September 05, 2013, 06:42:46 PM
Malcom Floyd equals at best a #2 WR you'd want to improve on, he's hasn't played a full year in three years. Gates is on teh decline, he looked bad all last year. Eddie Royal is eh at best. Woodhead is good, but he's not a guy you want to be the best RB in a committee. 

And no, there aren't any worse o-lines out there.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/43265/179/2013-offensive-line-rankings?pg=3
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2013-offensive-line-rankings-165300237--nfl.html
http://www.fantasypros.com/2013/07/nfl-offensive-line-rankings/ (Has them at 31)

Can't protect the QB, had a bottom 10 offense last year, had the 6th worst rushing defense, middle of the pack scoring defense. They had alot of needs going into the offseason and I don't understand what people see in Manti Teo. He played behind one of the best DLs in the college, with one of the best NT in the game, then goes against an alabama team that had 3 NFL drafted lineman and he was treated like a redheaded step child. I like the FLuker pick and I like the Allen pick, but they had alot of needs with only 6 picks and one of them was for a QB.

If you're an NFL GM, who on the chargers that isn't a rookie, would you give up more than a third round pick for? Maybe Rivers, but outside of that, not much.

Can I point something out.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40484/179/2012-offensive-line-rankings?pg=3

Look at the list of the bottom offensive lines from last season. Vikings, Seahawks, Redskins, Falcons, AND Colts all made the playoffs. The Vikings had the 2nd ranked all time rusher and the Skins, Seahawks, and Colts had three of the top rookie QBs of all time playing for them. The Falcons were the top team in the NFC and they're on the list. The Bears won 10 games and they're on the list. My point is preseason rankings aren't going to matter badly the offensive lines are ranked before hand. Things happen, teams can gain momentum, and kick some ass regardless of the talent level.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on September 06, 2013, 11:42:59 PM
Can I point something out.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/40484/179/2012-offensive-line-rankings?pg=3

Look at the list of the bottom offensive lines from last season. Vikings, Seahawks, Redskins, Falcons, AND Colts all made the playoffs. The Vikings had the 2nd ranked all time rusher and the Skins, Seahawks, and Colts had three of the top rookie QBs of all time playing for them. The Falcons were the top team in the NFC and they're on the list. The Bears won 10 games and they're on the list. My point is preseason rankings aren't going to matter badly the offensive lines are ranked before hand. Things happen, teams can gain momentum, and kick some ass regardless of the talent level.

When not being hit and sacked, Matt Ryan has Julio Jones and Roddey White to throw the ball to.  Cutler has Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey (who looks to have a good year this season).

The Chargers.....umm...well....nobody really.