TFWF/EFK FANTASY FOOTBALL - DISCUSSION/QUESTIONS

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, July 19, 2010, 10:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash Bombay

I'm sure Ian is more fair about things then that. If it's a glaring obvious i'm sure he would simply random.org again. Come on now. There is nothing different then pulling names out of the hat.

And better yet, whats the difference from how it's done in real sports? Look at the clippers they pick in the lottery every year, yet they never get better. Just saying.

Sally Screw

Personally, I like the random draw each round. I always disliked the way they did the reverse order way, whereas you would pick, lets say, #1 then wait for the round to finish as 15 others picked next. But then you'd have to wait as they reversed it as 15 more picks were done before you get another selection.

In your example Cory, Ian gets a pick each 12 selections, same as you.

Midas

To be fair I have made it know that I would prefer a Snake draft as I was not a fan of the random.org when we did a wrestling draft... But this is Ians thing and I say if he makes a choice you either live with it or leave, I live with it because it is not that serious to me...

However... I think you guys are not understanding what Cory is saying, he is not implying IAN will cheat he is using himself and Ian as a example which he easily (And should have) have used Midas and Triple B in the example... I am confident he was not saying Ian will cheat...

Ash Bombay

I was never implying that either. I was just saying that if there was a glaring obvious that someone was getting alot of first picks he would just random.org the round again. lol.

The Dudester

I just dont understand why you guys are doing it this way instead of just creating a league through yahoo or sportsline.

This way takes FOREVER.. and requires a lot of keeping up with it all, while just going through Yahoo would be much simpler in every way.

Domingo

and what time would be best to have this live draft?

With people in completely different time zones, that would be difficult to schedule, then people would be complaining about not being able to get on at that time and the computer had to auto-pick for them... I like it like this, changes things up a bit.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Maddox Nosnam on July 21, 2010, 09:12:26 PM
I just dont understand why you guys are doing it this way instead of just creating a league through yahoo or sportsline.

This way takes FOREVER.. and requires a lot of keeping up with it all, while just going through Yahoo would be much simpler in every way.

Your not part of the league as far as I can work out Maddox, so I dont know what the big deal is.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

FXBlade

I think its a conspiracy.  Ian has given me 16th Pick because I beat him 3 times last year lol  :o

I'm cool with this, I already have a minimum of 5 picks for each position, So when it comes round to picking it shouldnt take long.  I jsut hope others do something similar so that if a player is picked before it gets to them, they have a back up straight away instead of panicking.

Cory

this is taking so longgggg the Pro-Bowl game will be starting by the time were in the 3rd round.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Midas

I understand we are all in different time zones but yeah this is taking way to long... I am in America but I would be willing to get online in the early AM to accomodate my friends across the pond so we can do a live draft... I mean a live one shouldnt take more then a hour or so...

Just throwing that out there are a alternative to the pace we are at right now...

The Dudester

I was just inquiring.

Someone did make a point about maybe somone wouldn't be able to make the live draft due to time zone issues, yet at least they'd have the autopick based on their pre-arranged lineup of picks and not get skipped.

But its cool. You all do things how you see fit and I just didn;t really get the gist of the why. Its cool.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Its taking too long because as I keep saying on stuff like this people sign up with no real intention of doing something about it...

Now welcome to the frustrating world of Admin.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

So we can get discussion going and prompt those to hurry up with their draft picks here is the folks in the game.

1.   Lynch Mob - Fnord
2.   Wild Cards - Bryan Payne
3.   Murder City Violence - Ash Bombay
4.   Cleveland Fury - Rob Latener
5.   T.F.W.F. - Ian
6.   The Outlaws - Kirk
7.   B’s Pillaged Bears - Triple B
8.   Saytown’s Finest - domingotfwf
9.   Miracle Card - Kenny
10.   Pittsburgh Date Rapists - Lemke
11.   Screw Crew - Sally Screw
12.   Red Baron Bruisers - Heath Weston
13.   The Studmuffins - Cory
14.   Jags Jumping Jamming Jerks - Jag
15.   Five Dollar Footlong - Midas
16.   Sharp as a Blade - Blade

Gates

I am the Red Barons Bruisers, I know I'm on the clock, I'll have my pick when I get home from work (in like 8 hours).

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

It is plausible I will be out of town if Heath, Cory, Jag, Midas and Blade all pick quick...so I random.org round two! Please continue on from here folks.

ROUND TWO ORDER AFTER THE BLADE PICK OF ROUND ONE

1.Red Baron Bruisers - Heath Weston
2.Five Dollar Footlong - Midas
3.2Wild Cards - Bryan Payne
4.Lynch Mob - Fnord
5.B’s Pillaged Bears - Triple B
6.Sharp as a Blade - Blade
7.Murder City Violence - Ash Bombay
8.Cleveland Fury - Rob Latener
9.The Outlaws - Kirk
10. Jags Jumping Jamming Jerks - Jag
11. The Studmuffins - Cory