News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

This War Of Mine

Started by BamBamBunglow, December 05, 2014, 09:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BamBamBunglow

Decided to have a punt at this, as I'm a big fan of scavenging games.

Wow. all I can say.

The premisse is based on the Siege of Saravejo (which lasted 4 years). You start with a party of three normal people with varying skills in a bombed out house. From there, you have to scavenge to survive. The map starts out with some easy places to visit, but after a few days the harder places turn up.

You have to scavenge enough food to eat, enough materials to build beds/chairs/stoves/tools, all whilst maintaining safety of your house. In some cases you have to steal food/medical supplies - could be from a hospital which is still semi functioning, could be from some defenseless old people. Even if you don't care (you heartless bastards!) your characters do, and if they get too sad/depressed they'll top themselves.

Whilst it does get a bit repetitive (as is the point of the game - you're aiming to survive after all, another day is technically a victory) it's still a fascinating and kinda addictive game - a bit of a crossover between Fallout and The Sims. Happily recommend it to anyone.

Rob

Trailer for this looks amazing, definitely going to give it a go at some point.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Adam Wrong

Been playing this recently and bloody love it. Led me to play Zafehouse Diaries as well. Both of which have led me to start playing Fallout again!

Brock Rhysner

Agree with all of you. Fantastic game. Been watching Let's Plays online to see how everyone differs from me (Namely, they'll go and journey, whereas I clear out one place before moving on to the next.)

[/centre]

! JDM The Professional !

Love the game! I wonder if there is any games similar with a zombie theme? Bar Zafehouse

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs