News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Free Windows 10

Started by Tezmission Black, May 31, 2015, 11:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezmission Black

Just wondering if anyone else has gotten the message on their computer about the free upgrade to Windows 10 OS when it comes out. I got the thing today asking if I wanted to reserve the download for it and figured I'd throw it out here if ya'll thought it was worth it, I know 8 wasn't that great.

Judge

Yep anybody using 8 will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free when it comes out, for up to a year.  After that they'll charge.  It's their way of meeting what Apple does with OS X and release them for free.

Captain Metro

Quote from: Tezmission Black on May 31, 2015, 11:58:33 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has gotten the message on their computer about the free upgrade to Windows 10 OS when it comes out. I got the thing today asking if I wanted to reserve the download for it and figured I'd throw it out here if ya'll thought it was worth it, I know 8 wasn't that great.

Always wait until SP1 or it's equivalent.

Haters gonna hate. Just win baby!

Quote"I'm like Disneyland - overpriced as shit but everyone leaves happy!"

Doug E Fresh

Free for some Windows 7 users too. I'm waiting for my thing to come up but it hasn't yet.

T-Bonizzle

I have it, but since Windows 8 was garbage I am wary of upgrading to 10.

Doug E Fresh

Windows 8 was/is garbage.

Did you try 8.1 however. Its not.

T-Bonizzle

I have 7 so never needed to try.

Doug E Fresh

8.1 is much more like 7 in some ways. Like having a start menu.

But I heard from a buddy that 10 is also coming with a free Microsoft Office with the upgrade. Can anyone confirm that?

Judge

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on June 01, 2015, 07:28:34 PM

But I heard from a buddy that 10 is also coming with a free Microsoft Office with the upgrade. Can anyone confirm that?

Fat fucking chance.  Office is the money maker for Microsoft.  At most they'll give you a demo or 3 months or something of Office 365, but then make you pay up.  They might have them operate in read only mode where you can read but not create any documents.

T-Bonizzle

So if you already have a legal copy of office that goes away upon upgrade?

Black Death

got that same pop up... not sure what I am going to do at the moment
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Judge

Quote from: T-Mignon on June 01, 2015, 08:35:09 PM
So if you already have a legal copy of office that goes away upon upgrade?

Not sure why that would happen.  If you have a copy of office MS isn't going to blow it away.  What I'm saying is they're not going to give away a full version of Office for free, forever.  What they'll probably do, if in fact they do ANYTHING, is give a 30 day demo of Office 365, which is their subscription version of Office that lets you pay monthly instead of a one time flat fee.