News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Final Fantasy 7 Remake - CONFIRMED!

Started by BamBamBunglow, June 16, 2015, 02:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BamBamBunglow

That's right bitches, it's only 18 years after release and they've FINALLY announced it's just gone into production!

I have just filled the cup :D

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-announced-for-ps4-1711559466

Adam Wrong

As long as it's true to the original and not like recent ffs I'll be happy. Unfortunately every ff1respecr me lose all respect for Squeenix

Black Death

it a remake , going to be updated  for the current consoles ... game play the same , but better visuals , maybe add some extra stuff.  get ready to fall in love again with the flower girl and watch her die...

damn you sephiroth ...DAMN YOU!

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Adam Wrong

You say that... but this is Squeenix. ..

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

BamBamBunglow

Quote from: Black Death on June 16, 2015, 03:02:54 AM
it a remake , going to be updated  for the current consoles ... game play the same , but better visuals , maybe add some extra stuff.  get ready to fall in love again with the flower girl and watch her die...

damn you sephiroth ...DAMN YOU!

I'd save that kinda talk until we know for sure mate, lets not get our hope up. One of their major concerns was that the old turn based battle system would feel clunky and outdated, so they may be experimenting with it.

Lets just reign in all our hopes, dreams and speculation, and just rejoice that it's actually happening for the time being :)

Jennifer

There is absolutely nothing wrong with turn based battle > : (

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

BamBamBunglow

Quote from: Jennifer on June 16, 2015, 08:19:33 AM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with turn based battle > : (

Hey hye, don't gimme the angry face, I WANT it! I'm just stating what Square Enix have previously said! :)

Tritch

blegh, yes there is. turn based sucks.

FF7 was before my time, but I got to know a bunch of the characters through Kingdom Hearts. I'd play a remake for sure, especially if they got rid of turn-based battles. I played through 10, and I think I played 11 and/or 12 too. I got used to it because they were good games, but turns are the worst.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Adam Wrong

Quote from: Tritch on June 16, 2015, 09:36:19 AM

FF7 was before my time, but I got to know a bunch of the characters through Kingdom Hearts. I'd play a remake for sure, especially if they got rid of turn-based battles. I played through 10, and I think I played 11 and/or 12 too. I got used to it because they were good games, but turns are the worst.

You can leave now

Tritch

lol no problem. Just thought I'd throw my opinion out there, I figured it wouldn't be well received especially in this thread. I've just never found the system appealing. Like I said I'll still play it, and I still liked the FF games I played... just don't like turn-based fighting.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Doug E Fresh

I used to love turn based.

But then something happened where I kind of just went meh. I had to look for good combat systems to replace bad stories (FFXIII)

regardless, yay remake!

Jennifer

Quote from: Tritch on June 16, 2015, 09:36:19 AM

Different strokes for different folks. I really really like turn based strategy games, so although the FF system is a bit more simplified than that, I can see where liking the main FF series led to me liking things such as Tactics, XCOM, and my current fling Valkyria Chronicles.

If/when I get around to getting a PS4, I'll certainly play the remake regardless of what system it uses. I think FFVII is in this weird place where people get annoyed about it being popular/hyped up and criticise some of the characters (especially Cloud/Sephiroth), when it was really the supplemental material that created this impression of them? Like, a lot of the complaints people have about Cloud seem to be more derived from his Advent Children/Kingdom Hearts incarnations, where he's all withdrawn and solemn. When I played the game again (a while back now), I was a bit surprised to be like 'Oh, huh. This guy is kind of a goof'

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."