News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

E3

Started by Cory, June 16, 2015, 10:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Anyone else been seeing whats going on at E3 this year?

As an Xbox One owner who has been bored as hell stuck playing only FIFA and Madden, and GTA because Call of Duty was horrible and Destiny was far too repetitive, I was looking to this to give some positive to the system.

- New "elite" controller looks sweet. Was thinking about purchasing a gaming controller last year just "cause" but now that there's an official xbox one, one, if the price is right I will be buying.

-  Rare Reply sounds sick too.....pretty much a bunch of old school N64 and Nintendo games will be released on the Xbone. Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, and Battletoads. Kinda bummed out that Goldeneye wont be there, but still probably will only be $15 or so.

- The biggest and best news IMO was the announcement of Backwards Compatibility. Being able to play the old, GOOD Call of Dutys, NCAA Football (hopefully) is going to be sick.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Tritch

I too am very excited about backwards compatibility, but just to forewarn you the games you mentioned will more than likely not be there. Those are games that get released on a yearly basis, giving you access to the old ones would defeat the purpose of that model. Call of Duty maybe the campaigns, but I doubt the multiplayer will be possible.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Cory

Quote from: Tritch on June 16, 2015, 11:12:36 AM
I too am very excited about backwards compatibility, but just to forewarn you the games you mentioned will more than likely not be there. Those are games that get released on a yearly basis, giving you access to the old ones would defeat the purpose of that model. Call of Duty maybe the campaigns, but I doubt the multiplayer will be possible.

Yeah, I kinda figured that but all the comments around this had people saying that COD would be included and there was no real string of being denying that. Then again it could be we are all just blind to it because in a perfect world being able to play Black Ops 1 on an Xbox One would be too good....to be true.

Still a sick feature though.

Tritch

I didn't really see much about it other than a quick video. One thing I'm interested to know if they will make possible is to download games i bought on 360 to my One. Not necessarily through this emulator, but just through the Live store.

Because I bought the Telltale GoT game and season pass like right before i bought an xbox one (idiot, i know.) and i really don't want to go back to my 360 to finish the game lol.

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Black Death

Quote from: Tritch on June 16, 2015, 01:13:56 PM
I didn't really see much about it other than a quick video. One thing I'm interested to know if they will make possible is to download games i bought on 360 to my One. Not necessarily through this emulator, but just through the Live store.

Because I bought the Telltale GoT game and season pass like right before i bought an xbox one (idiot, i know.) and i really don't want to go back to my 360 to finish the game lol.

yes , you digital copy will be transfer to the one , it going to be over 100 games this Holiday season and it going to expand from there ,  it pretty much the end of the 360  hardware ... if you have the preview app and in the preview program it 18 at the moment .

Rare Replay is 30 games for 30 dollars
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Cory

Kinda surprised they waited as long as they did for the backward compatibility. They have def. been sitting on it, but someone should have said if they rolled this out from the get go it'd get so many more people to make the jump, especially last year when Xbox was getting the shit kicked out of it from Sony.

Drama Queen

Indeed, as someone who has not yet made the jump to the current gen, this MIGHT make me stay with Microsoft... backwards compatibility is one thing but....

Does the XBone still have ridiculous requirements regarding needing to be online in order for it to work, and are there still privacy issues?

Also, why wouldn't I just keep my 360 in order to play my old games, and jump to PS4 where I don't have to pay for online access.... seeing as all I do on it online is watch Netflix and WWE Network (which SUCKS on Xbox!) Oh and I download CAWS in WWE games. That's about it, so is there any reason anyone can see that I should not make the jump to Sony?

Black Death

Quote from: Cory on June 16, 2015, 01:42:03 PM
Kinda surprised they waited as long as they did for the backward compatibility. They have def. been sitting on it, but someone should have said if they rolled this out from the get go it'd get so many more people to make the jump, especially last year when Xbox was getting the shit kicked out of it from Sony.

well there was issue with how to run it on the system , being they solved it by basically building a virtual 360 in the xbox one.  plus it been explain there was some license issues with properties  changing companies over the years( for example thq moving wwe license to 2k )  still working on licenses as we speak.   but honest think it coming at the right time for them

Quote from: Drama Queen on June 16, 2015, 05:08:33 PM
Indeed, as someone who has not yet made the jump to the current gen, this MIGHT make me stay with Microsoft... backwards compatibility is one thing but....

Does the XBone still have ridiculous requirements regarding needing to be online in order for it to work, and are there still privacy issues?

Also, why wouldn't I just keep my 360 in order to play my old games, and jump to PS4 where I don't have to pay for online access.... seeing as all I do on it online is watch Netflix and WWE Network (which SUCKS on Xbox!) Oh and I download CAWS in WWE games. That's about it, so is there any reason anyone can see that I should not make the jump to Sony?

well no reason you have to give up your 360 system , but being able to now play your old games on One is bonus  for me , it will allow me to finish games that i need to do ... I have not turn on my 360 in long time .  plus you don't have to have it online all the time.  I did not run into privacy issues .  also they remove the requirement to have gold to play  your apps like netflick and wwe . , just have to get online and you play your apps , having  gold is now a bonus.

so if you want to jump to sony , no problem it want works for you , PS4 is a great system also , nothing wrong with it  in my opinion , hell I am hoping to get it next year after i get my income tax return like I got my xbone .

Drama Queen

So I don't have to pay to be online for apps anymore? Now that is a huge selling point for me. Is this just on the xbone, or can I get rid of gold now on the 360 and still watch my apps?
Thanks for that info bd.

Tritch

You haven't needed gold for apps for a couple years.

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013

Black Death

Quote from: Drama Queen on June 17, 2015, 06:28:25 AM
So I don't have to pay to be online for apps anymore? Now that is a huge selling point for me. Is this just on the xbone, or can I get rid of gold now on the 360 and still watch my apps?
Thanks for that info bd.

both , but having gold is a bonus ,  but yeah you could if you wanted too

Cory

Plus with Xbox One if you can find a buddy you can piggy back off them for everything (or go splits)

As long as there are 2 accounts on your xbox (literally ANYONE on MFX) you can go splits on everything that's purchased.

Ex- My Live ran out 2 weeks ago, but my brothers Live is good for a few more months. Because his account is on my xbox (he lives on the other side of the country) I can piggy back and use his live for until it runs out. So hypothetically just find someone else and go splits on Gold.

This applies for games too....every game is digital download its available to both accounts so we just go splits on every game. Fucking love this, dont know is play station has this feature.

Tritch

^Yeah, my dad and I do this. He set his xbox up as my home xbox, I set mine up as his. Everything we download goes right to the other's console, which is really nice with how many multiplayer games have been coming out lately. We played Destiny for a solid month, now I just bought ESO so we're playing that. Really great feature, yet I'm still always worried we're going to get in trouble for it lol - it feels so wrong, lol.

Best Town Player - 2008
Best Moderator - 2012
Best Moderator - 2013