News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Suggestions

Started by Tezmission Black, June 29, 2015, 11:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezmission Black

I recently picked up my first PS3 and was wondering what are some games I should look at getting.

I randomly picked up Bioshock Infinite the other day and as someone who normally doesn't play FPS I have to say the story and the detail are so amazing.

I also picked up Star Ocean: A New Hope International but I've not played much of it.

Any other games I should check out? I'm normally an RPG guy, but honestly looking to get a good feel for things I've missed out on by not having the PS3.

Tritch

The uncharted series.

And The Last of Us.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

The TeeJ of Philly

Sony doesn't have much in term of exclusive IPs anymore, but the Infamous series is a good buy.

Tritch

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Chris Stern

if your not easily frustrated, Demons's Souls. 

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Goldferg

Are you looking for PS3 exclusives (i.e. you had a 360/Wii), or games from the previous console generation in general?

Based on the Bioshock Infinite example I assume the latter, but best to check.
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Tezmission Black

Oh no just good games you can get on PS3, it doesn't have to be a PS3 exclusive.

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Goldferg

Alright then. In no particular order...

Alpha Protocol - Something of a love it or hate it, but if you're into RPG style games you'll probably like it. Combat can be a bit janky and it does the annoying DE:HR thing of letting you build your character any way you want, then putting in compulsory boss fights that can wreck your shit if you haven't invested in combat skills. That being said it has the BEST dialogue/choice system ever and is well worth a pick up. It's fairly old and wasn't a huge commercial success so you can probably pick up a pre-owned version for a couple of quid.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Speaking of, this is similar to the above. Not as much roleplaying but much better combat and a pretty decent plot (disappointing last leve aside).

Asura's Wrath - Probably the closest you'll ever get to playing an anime. A bit heavy on the QTEs and a little short, but a story  that is almost Gurren Lagann like in terms of serial escalation (especially if you get the DLC). Again you can pick this up for cheap and is IMO worth the £5-10.

Dragon Age: Origins - I could really put the whole series here, but might as well use this as a starting point. A classic BioWare fantasy RPG - what more needs to be said?

Prototype - Superhero sandbox game, similar to infamous as recommended below (which I'd also like to second). You can karate kick helicopters in mid air. Enough said.

Could probably recommend a few more, but that's a good starting point
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.