News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Router issues...

Started by Midas, July 26, 2015, 01:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

Looking for a little advice... Let me explain.

I think it was Thursday in the late afternoon my wireless internet went out but I did not know it went out, it wasn't to later that I discovered my router was off which I found odd. I looked and it turns out the power button was off so I turned it back on and assumed that it bumped into something. The next day I was talking to my wife while looking at something online and I lost my connection and when I went to look for it the connection was not there. I googled it with my phone and followed a few steps involving my router login and the wireless connection. This was fine until the next day when it happened again and I just could not get the connection back so I did a factory reset on the router and created a new wireless connection with the same name as the old one but the word (New) next to it and all was fine until it dropped again.

It is a Netgear N300 and I have had it for several years and I am tempted to simply replace it with a new router or even get a combo router and modem from comcast but I figured I would ask you guys about it before I did something.

I checked to confirm that no IP addressees were blocked including my own... I checked to confirm that there was no hidden shut off to my wireless connection at a certain time. I checked to confirm that the wires to the router are fine. I checked pretty much everything but you never know.  Also my modem never went out so it is clearly a router problem.

Judge

Sometimes routers just die.  I recommend that you do NOT get the combo crap that Comcast has.  It's terribad.

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-AC1900-Gigabit-Router/dp/B00F0DD0I6

That's what I have.  I know it's a bit pricy but it's really well reviewed, extremely fast, and supports the latest wireless standards.  If you wanted to step down to the 1700 or below you could but I'm recommending what I have.  It's really really good.

Midas

Quote from: Judge on July 27, 2015, 06:56:59 AM
Sometimes routers just die.  I recommend that you do NOT get the combo crap that Comcast has.  It's terribad.

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-AC1900-Gigabit-Router/dp/B00F0DD0I6

That's what I have.  I know it's a bit pricy but it's really well reviewed, extremely fast, and supports the latest wireless standards.  If you wanted to step down to the 1700 or below you could but I'm recommending what I have.  It's really really good.

Thanks a million...

T-Bonizzle

Quote from: Judge on July 27, 2015, 06:56:59 AM

Yes, yes it is...