News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Overwatch

Started by Stoner, May 23, 2016, 11:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

Game of the god damned decade right here.

Its a first person shooter.  But not one of those "Call of Duty" or "Battlefield" type games where the goal is to play until you get the best weapons and then just jizz all over noobs that have owned the game for a week or two.  Fuck that shit.

You get 21 different characters to choose from.  And they aren't just "Guy/Girl #32 that looks different from Guy/Girl #33 but is functionally the same" either.  The closest to a standard FPS character you get is Soldier 76, with his automatic rifle and ability to drop a healing bomb that gives your team some HP if they are nearby.

But that's fucking it.

This game has a fucking Gorilla Scientist with a Tesla gun who, on occasion, will go Hulk and just jack people up.  It has a fucking Ninja Archer that shoots dragons out of his fucking bow.  There's a girl with an ice gun that will make fucking walls that serve no purpose other than to piss off every single player in the game, ally or enemy.  A literal ANGEL that can bring your entire team back to life then buff their damage at a critical moment.  There's a Swedish dwarf that makes a turret to just fire on enemies while he goes off and does fuck all.  Fucking...  This guy,

[spoiler][/spoiler]

And that's just scratching the surface of the character option.

"So whats the big deal, you get some cool looking people to choose from and just kill each other over and over?"

No you dumb fuck.  In fact there isn't a single Deathmatch mode in this entire game.

All game modes are objective based.  Shit like "Go capture this objective and hold on to it because the enemies are going to be coming to ream you a new one if you don't" and "See this car?  Take this car from one side of the map to the other or so help me God I will punch you right in the dick."  An average game lasts about 5-10 minutes, so its not even like you'll be stuck in a game for a long time if you're with a bad team.

"It sounds like these heroes might not be too balanced.  What if someone picks a character that totally shuts me down and ruins my life for a little while?"

Well guess what?  They thought about that too.  Because there WILL be cases where your character is just total dog sack against another character.  If that ends up being the case, at any time you can head back to your base and switch to one of the other characters.  In fact that shit is heavily encouraged by the devs.

"Who made this game?  I don't want to play some experimental game that will never get updates and just be boring once everyone learns the meta."

That's the best part.  This game is made by Blizzard.  You might have heard of one or two of their other games.  Like the little known MMO World of Warcraft or something like that.  And if you're worried about updates, they put out patches for both Diablo 2 AND Warcraft 3 earlier this year.  Diablo 2 is probably older than some of the people reading this right now, and they're still keeping up with it.

They've already promised that they wont charge for DLC.  Which, at the moment, consists of new characters and maps to play on.  Rumors abound that there will be new game modes as well.

"But Stoner, my PC is terrible.  I only have a console with which to play videogames."

Good thing then, you beautiful bastard, because this game is coming out on both PS4 and XBone as well.  So unless you're singularly set on Nintendo for all your gaming needs(which I can't fucking blame you as Super Smash Bros and Mario Maker are enough to keep me entertained for ever it feels like) then you're able to play.

The official release date is set at May 24th, but Blizzard are one-upping themselves and releasing the game at Midnight GMT.  So for those of us in 'Murica, we can play the game today.

And if all of that isn't enough to tempt you, well then how about this:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

A tiny Asian girl, a thick Russian lady, and a French bitch that puts the ass in assassin both times.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Cory

played the beta on xbox one and LOVED it....my only issues is how long the life span of the game will be and how in depth the leveling process will be.

either way ill be buying it tomorrow.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

J-Reb

I'll be getting this very soon. Can't wait. First game I'll be buying since the original WOW installation.

The TeeJ of Philly

Smite with guns.

Preordered it can't wait

T-Bonizzle

I have it, and surprisingly I like it and am not terrible at it.

Cory

Im was under the assumption it was gonna be $40 ($59 Canadian) at release like the PC version, buts its some collectors edition only for $79.99. Well....gonna wait a bit now.

Tezmission Black

I'm not a FPS or Multiplayer type of person and I so so so wish it had a story mode, BUT I will say that the Animated shorts they are doing are fantastic, I would watch as many of them as they come out with.

T-Bonizzle

Who has this on PS4? Let's play right this second.

Domingo

Quote from: T-Long on May 27, 2016, 06:59:45 PM

Been thinking about getting it, but Im still not playing th Division enough to just drop it

Cory

Just bought it for XboxOne if anyone else got it

Black Death

Like I said bro...few weeks and I will back up and running
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Stoner

Quote from: T-Long on May 27, 2016, 06:59:45 PM

DavidHilm on PS4 dude.  NAO!

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Cory

Man I love this game, but if you're not partying up with at least 3 others, it'll become frustrating as everyone wants to be Reaper/Soldier 76/Tracer and no one wants to be a healer.

Still, really really fun game. Hope they add TDM or something in the coming update.

But overall, the funnest shooter on next gen thus far, and Id say with Far Cry 4 as the funnest game I've purchased on my XBONE

Stoner

Bone partied up with me and a couple friends last night.  I think we only lost two of the six games we played in total, one game had all four of us playing Mei which was hilarious.  Bone got three plays of the game in a row.

Cory