News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Overwatch

Started by Stoner, May 23, 2016, 11:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

I try to play with at least two of each category, nothing is worse than playing with someone who only 'mains' one character (tends to be Soldier 76, Genji or McCree). I have pretty average time amongst all characters except the few i'm awful with.

Offense: Pharah and Solider 76. Pharah because there's no real counter and she's sick taking out Torbs and Bastions and Solider 76 because of my experience in COD. Got a 58 kill game last night with 76. I generally like every offense character aside from McCree, i'm terrible with him.

Defense: Bastion is my most played character, got around a 5 k/d with him and its simply not fair when on defence pair me with my buddy who loves to be Reinhardt. Hanzo and Torjbjorn are the other two I use quite a bit. Hanzo is good against turret teams and Torbj is OP as fuck.

Tank: D.Va is awesome when you pair her with the Reinhardt and Mercy/Lucio...usually a go to stack on offense for my team of 3. Im not too good with any of the other tanks to be fair. I heard D.Va is getting a buff too in the next patch which is sick.

Support: Lucio and Zenyatta are two of my more used characters too, Lucio is so damn good with heals and I don't mind his weapon + wall riding. Only one I don't use is Symmetra because I suck with her and one of my buddies likes to be her. Mercy is getting a buff in the next patch so I might use her more too.

I'd say Solider 76, Bastion and Lucio are my overall favourites.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Flins.

Winston is my go to tank, but I find I play best with him when there is another more durable tank, like Roadhog or Reinhardt.

Defense, I rotate between Widowmaker and Junkrat depending on the map. Bastion is a good option for those last gasp stands.

Offense I rotate between Pharah and Junkrat. Occasionally McCree but I usually use him when the opposition is less turret heavy.

Tritch

Reaper & Lucio are my two go-tos, but I'll fill in with whatever is needed.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Cory

Added Rocket League into the game........awesome.

Flins.

Downloading the update as we speak. Sounds fun. Had a go on a friends Xbox one the other day, don't know how people play it! Too slow. I tell you, PC gaming man, you won't go back.

Cory

Man, anyone else get put with trash teammates in competitive?

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/xbl/global/C4geron

I'm top 4% in medals (since it doesnt show both kills + objective time)

It's like they take players with high objective time and place me with players who have no thumbs and "flank"

Flins.

Far too often man, I generally end up switching to support when I recognise I am teamed with tools. But when you are getting 4/5 gold medals as Lucio, you know there was nothing else you could have done.

Also what is it about selecting Winston that turns everyone into Leeroy Jenkins?

Cory

Gotta be spamming his jump and thinking his sheild is even in the same category as D.Va, Reinhardt.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Flins. on August 10, 2016, 05:18:07 PM
Far too often man, I generally end up switching to support when I recognise I am teamed with tools. But when you are getting 4/5 gold medals as Lucio, you know there was nothing else you could have done.

Also what is it about selecting Winston that turns everyone into Leeroy Jenkins?

Its the jump/shield combo. I know I use him on teh russian map, especially when facing turrets. JUmp up to the gold dome building jump over the archway and into the objective, cause chaos. His shield is weaker, but time it right on the jump as you go over a turret and you buy your team some time to either move past it or destroy it.

The fact his jump cooldown is so short helps him get out of situations quickly.

As far as teammaking, I've gotten lucky with teh kind of teammates, but tehy suck the same.

Flins.

That makes sense. Don't like it as solo tank play though, especially if they constantly bitch about being in low health.

Rob

Just got this game. I freaking love it.

I'm playing mostly as the pink haired tank chick and I'm crap with names but really addicted to the gameplay.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Black Death

Quote from: Rob on December 28, 2016, 06:16:55 PM
Just got this game. I freaking love it.

I'm playing mostly as the pink haired tank chick and I'm crap with names but really addicted to the gameplay.

what system , Xbox one , PS4 or PC
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Quote from: Rob on December 28, 2016, 08:05:27 PM
PS4

Ew.

But yeah man, probably the best game ive played in a few years

Rob

I have my favourite characters now,

D.va, Soldier 76, Sombra, Widowmaker and Ana. Most of these characters have parts that come from the Hunter class in WoW so I guess itd make sense for me to like them.
SixersEagles

[/center]