News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

No Man's Sky

Started by Kieran King, August 10, 2016, 04:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tritch

Quote from: Black Death on August 12, 2016, 05:20:29 PM
I meant I wish No man's Sky was for Xbone, would like to play it

I got Mass Effect for Xbone... My hope is they put both ME2 and ME3 on xbone soon

Dorling really should play Mass Effect if you can,  it is a great game

I'm sure they'll release a collector's series before Andromeda is released.

Just spent the last hour watching gameplay footage while finishing my work, and I'm tempted to go buy a god damn PS4. Looks fuckin fantastic.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Tezmission Black

Here's the question... is this game Multiplayer?

Adam Wrong

No.

And I'm starting to get used to it. It's a grower...

Dorling

I really enjoy it. It's a proper chill out game.

Kieran King

Quote from: Adam Wrong on August 18, 2016, 03:32:15 AM
No.

And I'm starting to get used to it. It's a grower...

I thought it technically was through online support, but chance encounters with other people are almost impossible probability-wise?

Dorling

Currently you cannot meet other players. You can happen across discoveries made by other people, for sure, but two players found themselves on the same planet at the same time but could not see each other.

There are questions about how it works, because the day/night cycle was not the same for both players I don't think.

Black Death

Question ... are you guys having major issues ... because the reviews have come back  and it not good
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Gates

Quote from: Black Death on August 29, 2016, 05:17:40 PM
Question ... are you guys having major issues ... because the reviews have come back  and it not good

I want to say this depends on the platform but I could be wrong. I know my friend has the PC version and has had lots of issues, but that's because it's the PC version.

jagilki

Quote from: Black Death on August 29, 2016, 05:17:40 PM

Don't have the game (being on Xbone) but from what I gather  A LOT of the bad reviews are coming from people who hyped the game up in their minds to the point no game could have met their expectations.

Black Death

Quote from: jagilki on August 29, 2016, 05:40:48 PM
Don't have the game (being on Xbone) but from what I gather  A LOT of the bad reviews are coming from people who hyped the game up in their minds to the point no game could have met their expectations.

I know jag , I does not have the features that it was promise that it would have.  plus there same to be alot of bugs that are game crashing.

a lot of people are not happy 

Tezmission Black

I've seen the negativity but what people need to realize is that No Man's Sky is gonna evolve like Minecraft did, and in a year the game will probably look and play a lot differently.

Black Death

I think it comes from the hype of the features ... It was suppose to have certain things at launch that was not there and does not same to be there at all.  People were promise one thing and got something else. I been watching all the reviews on the game and features that come with the game.

now maybe they can deliver later on what they promise but it might be to late

Black Death

No Man's Sky Refunds Offered At Major Retailers

No Man's Sky may very well have been the most hyped game of all time. With the promise of a virtually limitless, procedurally generated universe, the game was designed with infinite exploration in mind. Hello Games, a small independent developer, used a mathematical algorithm to create unique planets, aliens, and items. Unfortunately, reviewers found the gameplay from planet to planet to be more or less identical., resulting in a repetitive experience.

Making issues worse, on both PC and PS4 the game at release was riddled with game-crashing bugs. While Hello Games has reportedly addressed the bulk of these and is continuing work on additional patches, No Man's Sky is still not entirely stable. Additionally, a number of promised and expected features, most notably cooperative multiplayer, are absent from the game's final build. Even existing features, like the ability to name planets and creatures for other players to find, are reportedly not working correctly, with the histories of planets being wiped clean upon return visits.

With gamers understandably disappointed by the state of No Man's Sky, many are having luck getting refunds from major retailers – Steam, Amazon, and Sony's PSN. A Reddit forum concerning the game has documented procedures for applying for refunds, in which usual restrictions seem to have been lifted. Steam, for instance, normally requires gamers to have played for less than two hours, but refunds are currently being issued regardless of hours played.

Interest in No Man's Sky appears to have severely dwindled since its initially huge August 12th launch. What started with 212,620 online players on launch day (46% more than any other game released this year) has dropped to 15,700 according to PC Invasion. That's an unusually high decline over a two week period, especially for a game with aspirations of infinite explorability.

It was likely impossible for any game, much less one with such a small development team, to live up to the immense hype No Man's Sky was privy to, but it's still unfortunate to see Hello Games catastrophic fall so far from grace. There was a severe lack of transparency about exactly what No Man's Sky's features were, and it has resulted in no shortage of frustration from fans.

With any luck, No Man's Sky will eventually be patched to resemble the experience that Hello Games originally promised. However, the bigger question at that point may be how many people still own the game to enjoy it.

No Man's Sky is now available on PC and the PS4.

Source: Reddit via Inquisitr

like I said it not looking good

Dorling

The PC version was unplayable for a lot of people at launch - but then again a lot of people had ignored the system requirements before ordering it.

I have the occasional crash on PS4, but every time you get out of your ship it saves the game. Other than that, I've had no issues whatsoever and the game has, for me, delivered what I expected it to. As far as I'm aware, the only feature that isn't working as expected on PS4 was when 2 guys were in the same place at the same time but couldn't see each other.

I've found planets that have been discovered by other people, none of my saves or discoveries have been wiped etc, and the 'game breaking' bug with the pre-order ship wasn't game breaking if people took 5 minutes to read the prompts the game itself gives you.

People were maybe expecting more, but the game is pretty good in my opinion and will likely only get better.

Stoner

Quote from: Dorling on August 30, 2016, 06:49:08 AM
People were maybe expecting more, but the game is pretty good in my opinion and will likely only get better.

People were expecting more because they were promised more.

Go watch some of the trailers from before release.  You see biomes that do not exist in the game(sand planets).  You see creatures that absolutely cannot exist in the game(sand worms being the most egregious example).  The devs told us we'd be able to interact with other players, that is not an option.  They said there would be a variety of factions to interact with, and that they would all have different ways of interacting with them that would be more or less beneficial, depending on your own playstyle.  That these factions would sometimes end up in large-grade space battles that you could choose to take part in.  Or not, if combat isn't your thing.

Someone made a big, big list of things that were promised, some things promised as soon as four months before the game came out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4y1h9i/wheres_the_no_mans_sky_we_were_sold_on_a_big_list/

But I think more than any of that, the features that were left out after being promised.  More than even the fact that the lead developer of the game has gone on a Twitter blackout.  He hasn't posted anything trying to reassure customers that there is more coming in longer than this thread.

More than that.

The whole goal of the game is to get to the center of the universe.  We were told there WOULD be something there.  There WOULD be something that ties this all together.

[spoiler=Literally the ending of the game]You get a white screen and sent back to the edge of the universe, basically to New Game + mode.[/spoiler]

That's it.  That's the big ending to the game.

Its absolutely understandable why people were so upset about this game.  The devs went on this big crusade, promising literally the universe, and what they delivered was vastly, vastly underwhelming in comparison.

There is still fun to be had in the game, I wont say there isn't.  But it isn't worth $60, and it isn't what we were told we'd get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFgZ1RgYTUw

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM