Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

¿PapaPancho?

I was about to say ....

But if we are really talking about OG slashers ....

This guy was a slasher before it was cool to be a slasher

Mike Powers

Halloween was far more commercially successful than Chainsaw. It's existence is often cited as the movie which paved the way for the 80's slasher movie boom. These are not opinions, these are facts. Now get off my dick.

Fnord

I read this about Halloween: Many critics credit the film as the first in a long line of slasher films inspired by Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho (1960).

So yeah... Pancho got us all. All bow down before Mrs. Bates.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Mike Powers

*sigh*

Please understand what I'm saying. I'm not saying that Halloween was the first slasher movie (although it did birth the formula for the modern slasher film - but that's not my point). I'm saying that it was the first incredibly successful slasher movie, which led to the creation of all of the other 80's slasher films - F13 included.

The comment that sparked this whole thing was me telling BD that Jason wouldn't exist without Halloween. THATS IT.

There's a strong argument to be made that Halloween was not, in fact, the first slasher film. There are at least two strong contenders that predate it: Black Christmas and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, both of which can make compelling cases for being the true "first" slasher. In truth, the slasher genre contains generous dollops of all three films' DNA, along with touches of plenty of other movies, notably Italian giallo films, any number of the more lurid American police procedural films and, of course, Alfred Hitchcock's seminal Psycho. But for a number of reasons, Halloween is the film that gave birth to the slasher genre, even if all the rest served as indispensable midwives.

http://www.westword.com/arts/halloween-is-the-missing-link-in-the-evolution-of-the-slasher-7943474

QuoteFew films are as influential as Halloween, John Carpenter's 1978 horror film that essentially invented the modern slasher flick. Historians can argue over Psycho (1960) or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre's (1974) ultimate impact, but Halloween's placement of a knife-wielding killer in the midst of a coterie of sexed-up teens who are hunted one-by-one was a hit with audiences and the industry alike, inspiring not only a host of sequels but also multiple imitation franchises like Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm Street.

http://acculturated.com/slasher-film/

QuoteAlmost twenty years after Psycho released, Halloween was made and was said to be the film that fueled the slasher films in the 1980's. What had changed between 1960 and 1978 was the horror and terror that is built up, it was much more fast paced and audiences prefered this. The scenes that are shot are much more confined for example, houses, because it is harder for the victims to escape confined spaces and a small number of characters were a typical convention that was interested around this period of slasher genre. Another change was the harmony of the movie. Slasher films starting from Halloween, began with disharmony rather than harmony which is unusual but shows the audience from the beginning that something is wrong. However, one thing that has stayed the same is the motive; especially for the killer because it's to murder civilians.

https://sophieturner1.wordpress.com/2010/10/24/how-slasher-films-have-evolved/

QuoteWhat was the first slasher movie? Depends on who you ask, but Bay of Blood (1971), The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Black Christmas (both 1974) are most often cited as laying the genre's foundation. John Carpenter's Halloween (1978), one of the highest-grossing independent films of all time, provided the cinematic template that would be re-used again and again as slasher films became more popular throughout the late 1970s and early 1980s.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-blood-soaked-history-of-slasher-movies-1732271150

Black Death

mike ... I agree with you on that , Halloween influence  Friday the 13th , but I prefer Jason over Micheal Myers. again my own choice. Opinions will differ
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Gravedigger

Peeping Tom had the POV killer aspect before Psycho, but doesn't get much credit for it....

Black Death

back to the topic of the game.  it looking like same time this fall.  which I have non problem with  as long as a better game comes out of the delay

Black Death

Friday the 13th Game Delayed; Adds Single Player Option

Popular film franchises being turned into video games is a practice almost as old as gaming itself, but for whatever reason, one movie genre that has never gotten much traction in that department is horror. While a few licensed horror movie games have indeed been released over the years, they've always been pretty few and far between. For instance, aside from a recent appearance as a DLC fighter in Mortal Kombat X, Friday the 13th's iconic slasher Jason Voorhees has only once previously made the jump to the land of video games. This instance occurred way back in 1989, in the form of an infamously difficult NES game in which Jason wore a purple costume for some reason.

With that in mind, Friday the 13th fans were overjoyed late last year, when developer Gun Media announced that it had acquired the rights to create the first official game based on the series for the modern console era. The project was funded via a very successful Kickstarter campaign, which saw enthusiastic fans donate sums well past the initial funding goal.

The stated plan had been to release F13: The Game in October 2016, but since the month is now half over, most fans had assumed that a delay might be coming. Sure enough, IGN is reporting that Gun Media has opted to delay F13's release to spring 20

While a months-long delay is obviously not great news for those looking forward to taking F13: The Game for a spin this Halloween season, Gun Media has announced quite the silver lining to go along with the bad news. As requested by many, many people since the project was first revealed, F13: The Game will now include a single-player game mode. As if that wasn't cool enough, Tommy Jarvis – the hero of Friday the 13th parts IV, V, and VI – will now be included as a playable character. Packanack Lodge – the primary setting of Friday the 13th Part II – will also now be a selectable map.

Initially, F13: The Game was touted as an entirely multi-player experience, offering players the option of either assuming control of Jason himself or one of a group of the franchise's trademark oblivious teenage counselors. Jason's goal is of course to kill everyone in sight and the counselors' goal is to desperately avoid getting killed by him long enough to escape from and/or incapacitate him. While that core gameplay style will remain the same, players will now have the option of undertaking this challenge alone, with the other characters being AI-controlled bots. Hopefully that softens the blow of such a last minute delay.

Friday the 13th: The Game releases in spring 2017 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Source: IGN

hoping to get one of those keys