News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., November 10, 2016, 05:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisShields

How often do you play online?
What system are the majority of your friends on?
Do you already have a previous gen system with a subscription (X-Box Gold or Playstation Network?)

ChrisShields

Quote from: Jack on November 10, 2016, 06:16:12 PM
How often do you play online? Not much, hardly at all

What system are the majority of your friends on? It's really an even mix

Do you already have a previous gen system with a subscription (X-Box Gold or Playstation Network?) No. I have a PS3 but no subscriptions for it. It's actually been unused for some time.
Then I would say look at some of the bundles out there and see if one of them has one with a game you know you'll want. Then if you can go to a gamestop or a best buy or anywhere that has the systems out to try, try them out and see which controller feels better to you. I have an X-Box One so I hadn't used the new PS4 controllers. For my nephews birthday party they got this cool video game truck, I was playing FIFA on a PS4 and found I couldn't control it as well because the thumb sticks have a different kind of grip on them, then the X-Box One controllers. Online is better on X-Box One from what I've seen, but since that's not a big deal for you, I would say bundles and how the controller feels are the biggest thing to look at, along with current and future exclusive games.

Cory

I had an open mind moving to next gen as I was a PS2>Xbox guy, then Xbox 360>PS4 guy so I didnt have a preconcieved notion about either console or brand, ive enjoyed both.

I made my decision on two things, A) most of my friends are on Xbox and B) The xbox controller IMO is 10x better. Its bigger and doesnt have those stupid domed sticks that the PS4 has. Chris hit on one the head tho, go to the store and test out the controller for each and trust that.

Then id say the game essentials is GTA and Overwatch for either console.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

ChrisShields

Quote from: Cory on November 10, 2016, 06:51:53 PM
I had an open mind moving to next gen as I was a PS2>Xbox guy, then Xbox 360>PS4 guy so I didnt have a preconcieved notion about either console or brand, ive enjoyed both.

I made my decision on two things, A) most of my friends are on Xbox and B) The xbox controller IMO is 10x better. Its bigger and doesnt have those stupid domed sticks that the PS4 has. Chris hit on one the head tho, go to the store and test out the controller for each and trust that.

Then id say the game essentials is GTA and Overwatch for either console.
Some people like those domed sticks though. For me, I'm a big guy and have fairly large hands and fat fingers, so the PS4 controller felt awful for me. I'm pretty sure X-Box One still has their bundle with Madden included in it as well, so if that's a game you really want, there's a point in it's favor.

Drama Queen

The tfwf wrestlers that jag and bd make are exclusive to Xbox, if that's a difference maker  :)

ChrisShields

Quote from: Jack on November 10, 2016, 09:26:03 PM
Does the size matter? (500gb vs 1 tb etc?) I feel like I've never had an issue with space before......
The price difference isn't huge right now, and with X-Box One, you download all your games to the system, so I would go with the 1TB.

Drama Queen

Quote from: Jack on November 10, 2016, 09:14:05 PM
That actually is!

Me too... Don't tell anyone :D

And yeah size is more of a factor this time around. Worth going bigger if as Chris says, not much price difference.

ChrisShields

Quote from: Drama Queen on November 10, 2016, 09:38:11 PM
Me too... Don't tell anyone :D

And yeah size is more of a factor this time around. Worth going bigger if as Chris says, not much price difference.
I want to say it's only 50 more, maybe 100. When you're planning to drop 300, wait a few more weeks to save more and get the bigger hard drive.

Cory

SIZE Matters if your going to go the digital download route which is IMO far superior....but if you wanna be a trade n play guy then you wont need A LOT of space.

Basically every game will require you to download them to the hard drive to play (vs playing them off the disc) so if you dont want to have to uninstall/reinstall games all the time, bigger the better

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Black Death

if you're going to be getting a lot of games I would recommend getting the biggest HD you can ... Black Friday is in a few weeks , that would be the great time to get some deals. 

Yeah if you want TFWF wrestlers come and see me and Jag .  We will be happy to help  lol
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"