Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

Started by ChrisShields, December 08, 2016, 12:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisShields

So the last few days I've been trying to play WoW, and after maybe 5 minutes, it freezes, stops, and then this stupid message pops up and the game shuts down. I thought at first it might be a glitch, so I just reopened and it did it again. It has continued to do this now and I can't find any kind of solution. I just updated my drivers and all that, I tried to run it in admin mode, and it still does this shit. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, what was the fix?

Judge

Without any specs on your computer to go on, it's hard to say.  I suggesting posting in the WoW tech support forum.  They have really good support staff that have seen pretty much every thing and can give you some steps to try.  They'll have you run some tools and generate reports to go from there.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/1011701/

Judge

Also, open up a ticket with their technical support as well.  Your best bet.

From what I've seen, it's something to do with the video connection, your hardware being stupid, and graphics drivers crashing because of a conflict on Windows.

ChrisShields

I deleted the game and I'm reinstalling now. I'm thinking it might be my VGA cable crapping out as well. I want to go to tech support as a last resort. I've never had a good experience with their stuff.

ChrisShields

I ended up opening a ticket with them, and it looks like the problem is solved. Looking like there was a windows update that did something weird with the XBox stuff on Windows 10. I had to disable my Game DVR.

Judge

ChrisShields

Quote from: Judge on December 09, 2016, 04:25:58 PM
That game DVR shit screws up so much stuff on Windows.
I didn't even know about it. The guy started talking about XBox, and I was sitting there thinking "This is why I never bother with fucking tech support." Turns out he was spot on. Played earlier today, ran through a dungeon, did some archeology stuff, went through multiple zones, and had zero issues.

Judge

I ended up having to disable it on my Windows computer because it would drop the frame rates in certain zones while I was walking down to single digits.  Standing still it was 100+.  Once I disabled it, no problems.