News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Videogame trivia game

Started by Excaligore, July 19, 2008, 09:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Excaligore

Alright, I think everybody's played one of these. Ask a question. When somebody gets it right. They ask one of themselves and so on.

Anyway, a lot of mention of Secret of Mana has gone around. It's a really easy one. So, I'll ask an easy Secret of Mana question. It's a three parter!

Q: Which Holiday figure was turned into a giant monster when trying to grow what with what.

JaceGryphon

Santa Claus was turned into the Ice Gigas...but it's been so long since I played it I forget what it was exactly...wasn't it something like he was trying to make more people believe in him by using the Mana Seed?

Excaligore

Close... just say how he used the seed. There is a clue into the fact that it is a seed. (If nobody gets this then I'll go ahead and give it to you getting a 2 out of 3)

Judge

He wanted to grow a huge christmas tree.

I absolutely LOVE secret of mana.

Also, you beat me to starting this thread.  I was planning on doing it tomorrow, no joke.

Excaligore

Quote from: The Judge on July 19, 2008, 11:28:20 PM
Also, you beat me to starting this thread.  I was planning on doing it tomorrow, no joke.

*Twilight Zone theme plays*

Anyway, your answer was correct. You may take the floor.

Judge

Keeping it easy for starters -

In FF7, What move does Cloud use to finish off Sephiroth?

Excaligore

Going on a limb here... Knights of the Round?

Edit: Nm... I'm getting my names mixed around. I knew it was that limit break where he hits like 50 slashes but I can't remember It's name.

Omnislash?

Judge

Excaligore

Q: In the game Illusion of Gaia, the main character, Will, who is a scrawny flute wielding kid can transform into various stronger heroes. What is the name of the dashing sword wielding knight he transforms into?

Judge

Dan...I think?  I haven't played that game in FOREVER.  I need to go fire up an emulator or something.

I also remember he transforms into something that passes through walls.

JaceGryphon

Quote from: The Judge on July 19, 2008, 11:28:20 PM
He wanted to grow a huge christmas tree.

THAT's right...dammit...

Excaligore

Quote from: The Judge on July 20, 2008, 03:37:29 PM
Dan...I think?  I haven't played that game in FOREVER.  I need to go fire up an emulator or something.

I also remember he transforms into something that passes through walls.

Eh, it was Freedan. But, for the sake of keeping the momentum in the game, close enough.

Your question.

Judge

In Earthbound, there is a lady who lost something in the desert.  What did she lose?

Dave Johnson

Fucked if I'd know.

Water? Lol, just guessing.

TheNthDegree

I'm taking a stab. Is it the contact lens?