News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

World of Warcraft

Started by SupremeChaotic, July 22, 2008, 08:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BamBamBunglow

Haven't had a whole lot of playtime the last week - managed to get my 2nd 100 and my garrisons up and running smoothly. Currently focussing purely on Follower levelling, Garrison Resources and Salvage yards.

Am loving the daily garrison missions, add something a wee bit different.

So far, I'm not seeing the point of Ahsran, this may change after getting some actual PVP gear though. I still think the disparity between normal/pvp gear is sickeningly overpowered.

Rob

So has anyone been raiding yet? We're 3/7 and I've just switched to shadow as we had too many healers (ugh, right?!). It's going great but there are still little occasions when the game is infuriatingly slow or buggy. In a raid group of 18 we were all getting lagged out the game tonight at some point during the Tectus boss encounter in Highmaul. Aside from that, really enjoying the garrison mechanic of the game. I think they've really made it and implemented it well.
SixersEagles

[/center]

BamBamBunglow

Garrisons are more addictive than crack. Finally got everything to level 3 on my main, just churning out the epics for gold now.

Currently running a 73k profit. 2h axes sell well, apparently.

Haven't started raiding, we're gonna have a bash in the new year. Should be a laugh :D

Judge

We got up to Butcher Sunday night.  DPS is fine.

Rob

New expansion. Thoughts?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Tezmission Black

I am interested in the Demon Hunter and finally being able to visit the Emerald Dream.

Chris Shields

I haven't played in moths, and my subscription isn't even active right now, but this new expansion could bring me back. I love the stuff with Illidan and the burning legion, plus Emerald Dream and the chance to be a Demon Hunter. Main thing is gonna be the price on it. If it's 60 bucks like Warlords was instead of the 40 every other expansion was, I might just pass on it.

Tezmission Black

I think its gonna be high cause of the increased level cap, the new areas added, as well as the new Hero Class.

Chris Shields

Quote from: Tezmission Black on August 06, 2015, 06:56:45 PM
I think its gonna be high cause of the increased level cap, the new areas added, as well as the new Hero Class.
Probably, and I just don't know if I can justify the cost anymore. Like with Warlords, I loved the leveling process and the story in each zone, but after all that was done I just didn't care that much. The whole having to do Silver proving grounds to get to heroic dungeons thing, such a pain in the ass, and it was made worse by the fact I'm a tank and the healer was just fucking awful, plus it scaled up with your gear instead of down. It wasn't in any way shape or form close to what you would get in a dungeon. At least give me one healer and one DPS, and have the enemies at a set level. If my item lvl and stats go up, the enemies become easier to beat, not harder. Because of that crap, I never did heroic dungeons, which meant I couldn't get into the raids, so I had nothing to do except for the 1 daily quest. So, if they keep a lot of the stuff from Warlords, I'll just be done with the game for good.

BamBamBunglow

Quote from: Chris Shields on August 06, 2015, 07:10:30 PM
Probably, and I just don't know if I can justify the cost anymore. Like with Warlords, I loved the leveling process and the story in each zone, but after all that was done I just didn't care that much. The whole having to do Silver proving grounds to get to heroic dungeons thing, such a pain in the ass, and it was made worse by the fact I'm a tank and the healer was just fucking awful, plus it scaled up with your gear instead of down. It wasn't in any way shape or form close to what you would get in a dungeon. At least give me one healer and one DPS, and have the enemies at a set level. If my item lvl and stats go up, the enemies become easier to beat, not harder. Because of that crap, I never did heroic dungeons, which meant I couldn't get into the raids, so I had nothing to do except for the 1 daily quest. So, if they keep a lot of the stuff from Warlords, I'll just be done with the game for good.

... Really? O.o I've been alt prot-warr since WoD began. I didn't have to do heroics - I crafted some gear, bought some other stuff, got some 645 items from garrison, did LFR, got into raids. now I'm Tanking HFC-HC. I completely skipped heroic dungeons O.o

Back to OT - I'll play it, and not just because I bought 14 gametime tokens from the AH. I started in TBC, so The thought of coming up against the burning legion again is AWESOME!

I think they've really gone TOO far the other way with "GIVE PEOPLE WHAT THE WANT! SUBS ARE LOWWWW!" - mainly with the idea of Artifact Weapons. I mean... EVERY ret paladin with Ashbringer? EVERY enh shaman has doomhammer?! They then no longer become special. The reason everyone wanted them is because there was ONE in the lore and the story behind them was great. The fact Corrupted Ashbringer was available from Old Naxx made it even cooler. Now? Meh, it's gonna feel a bit samey again.

DH - Looking kinda swank, I hope they don't make it tooooo hokey. Some of the attacks in video footage looked like something outta Dynasty Warrior. Still, I'll probably level it up and try tanking with it.

My BIGGEST gripe - I'm a lore nerd, I'll admit it. The Broken Isles appear in WC3 - and we were told they were all newly risen from the bottom of the Ocean by Gul'dan.... sooooo how are there all these fucking giant civilisation of tenthousand year old night elves living there?!

I hate retcons.

Judge

Quote from: BamBamBunglow on August 07, 2015, 04:45:31 AM
sooooo how are there all these fucking giant civilisation of tenthousand year old night elves living there?!

Magic, duh.  They're night elves that still had the direct connection to the Well of Eternity, right before it went cablooey. 

Don't take anything that happened in the orc campaign in WAR2 as canon.  Human campaign there was canon.  I know it was written that Guldan did bring them up from the bottom of the ocean, but look at it as he brought up just the Tomb.

I'm sure they'll explain it or something.  It could be that Gul'dan was just lying to us.

BamBamBunglow

Hmmmm I guess I can kinda believe the "They were there all along, Gul'dan just raised the Tomb of sargeras"

... *twitchtwitch*

Judge

Looking at the map of the new continent, you start at the Broken Shore, which is where the Tomb is going to be near.  Further north is the rest of the continent where the leveling and gameplay takes place.  Then you go back to the Tomb to raid Gul'dan, i guess.

Gul'dan is the final boss of the first tier, but let's see what happens after that.

Final boss guess?  Sargeras..or another random titan that doesn't like what we've done with the place.