News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Top 6 SNES RPGS

Started by Judge, July 24, 2008, 10:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge

http://casualtygamer.com/2008/06/retro-wednesday-top-6-snes-rpgs/#/

Should have seen Terranigma on that list though.  And FF IV deserves a spot!

Excaligore

Eh, kind of iffy about this list. The thing that sticks out for me is Super Mario RPG getting number 2... What the fuck? It's a good game and all but really.

TheNthDegree

I'd concur with it. SMRPG is one of the BEST RPGs I've played because it's DIFFERENT than all your other typical RPG fare.

Gary

Super Mario RPG owned!! Im still pisse it hasnt come out for the Virtual Console and that my rom freeze anytime I try to do a change in the equiping

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Excaligore

Quote from: TheNthDegree on July 24, 2008, 01:19:52 PM
I'd concur with it. SMRPG is one of the BEST RPGs I've played because it's DIFFERENT than all your other typical RPG fare.

Yes, but over FF VI and Secret of Mana?

Not that Super Mario RPG(and quite frankly the overlooked later editions in the series) was a brilliant game. But, it was kind of easy. Very oversimplified. Which, becomes it's charm(especially in the later ones where they have the battle systems that force you to constantly keep into it). I did like the concept of being able to jump places and find hidden boxes.

Gary

What are the other mario rpg games?

[/center]

TheNthDegree

The 2 Paper Mario games

Excaligore

Gary

[/center]

Excaligore

Highly recommend you play. I played Super Paper Mario 2(GC) and the first Superstar Saga(GMC). Both completely brilliant games.

TheNthDegree

The Partners in Time for DS is actually fun too.

Judge

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)
Paper Mario (N64)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)
Super Paper Mario (Wii)
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA)
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time (DS)

These are the 6 Mario RPG games.

JaceGryphon

I think I can agree with the list.  Perhaps not that order, but those games.  I'd personally have to move SoM up to 2, but definitely leave Chrono Trigger at 1

Bryan

I haven't played enough of the first two, but the rest I agree with.

SMRPG should be here pretty soon, it's out in Japan for the Virtual Console...Nintendo here's just being downright lazy with releases, though.