News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, February 15, 2010, 07:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagilki

Picked it up on my way home from vacation.  Will turn it on when I'm settled.

Duckman

Ordered this today - should get it early next week!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Exile

i wish i had more time to play it but im really loving it when i get to sit down and veg out.

Kirk

Has anyone had a good long go at this yet? The videos I've seen make it look great but I'd like to hear from someone who has played it for a while before I spend my beer money on it.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

jagilki

I played for a few days.  Did a few of the main missions and a fair number of side crap.

Then I found online "free roam" and I've been solely doing online.

It's fun, because you can just run around killing people, then everybody on the server can just up and decide to work together and clear out a gang hideout.

RickRampage

Haven't gotten to online mode yet. My brother and I have been focusing on completing the storyline.

Zombie Gunn

Is there single player free roam or just online?

jagilki

"free roam" is the "lobby" for Online.  It's basically the game world.  There's NPC's and Gang Hideouts and every once in a while a challenge will show up. 

You can make your own private server and play in there by yourself I guess.

Ryan Ruckus

And Jesse was never heard from again...

RickRampage

The entire game is open world really. Online you're just allowed to do whatever without real consequences.

Zombie Gunn

Quote from: RickRampage on May 24, 2010, 10:10:36 PM
The entire game is open world really. Online you're just allowed to do whatever without real consequences.

That's what I was really wondering.  If I could just play single player and wander from town to town doing sidequests.

RickRampage

Well, there are no real side quests. Sure, you can ride around and collect on bounties all the time. Sure, you can save some people or kill some one that is running from the local police, but they aren't really side quests. All missions in single player are a part of the storyline.

jagilki

Quote from: RickRampage on May 25, 2010, 12:51:52 AM
Well, there are no real side quests. Sure, you can ride around and collect on bounties all the time. Sure, you can save some people or kill some one that is running from the local police, but they aren't really side quests. All missions in single player are a part of the storyline.

There are sidequests.

jagilki

Mexico Spoiler

[spoiler]
Do NOT get off your horse when first getting to Mexico.  It's fucking epic riding through the landscape with "Far Away" playing. [/spoiler]

jagilki

QuoteCO-OP DLC REVEALED

In addition to the deep single player campaign and robust online multiplayer components of Red Dead Redemption, we are also very happy to finally reveal the game’s co-op mode, which will be released FREE in June simultaneously for both consoles via Xbox LIVE® and PlayStation®Network, respectively.

The Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack will feature six all-new cooperative multiplayer missions to play with 2-4 players. This will be a completely free download that we will have ready for you to download and play at some time in June.

These six explosive and epic missions will play out across the game world, including:

“Walton’s Gold”
Walton’s Gang have taken control of a mining camp rich with gold. Fight through the camp and load your mine cart with as much gold as you can carry and get out as fast as you can â€" Walton’s boys have rigged the place to blow!

“The River”
Ride a raft down river, taking out rebel encampments along the way until you reach the rebel stronghold of Nosalida and a final epic battle for the town’s massive weapons caches. Watch out for Gatling gun-equipped enemy rafts.

“Ammunition”
The Mexican Army has the town of Tesoro Azul under siege. Storm the gates under heavy cannon, Gatling gun and sniper fire to destroy the Mexican artillery placements.

Plus three more missions to be revealed in detail soon.

The Outlaws to the End Co-Op Mission Pack will also yield additional multiplayer XP rewards, and brand new Achievements/Trophies to unlock.

Stay tuned for much more information â€" as well as release information and pricing on two further downloadable content updates, which we plan to release over the summer. Both of them will also be available simultaneously for both consoles.