News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., July 25, 2010, 05:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge

Desktop or Laptop?

Price range?

In general, get something with 4 gigs of ram, at least 320 gigs of HD space.  Anything with an nvidia or ati card will be fine.

For the processor, don't go lower than an intel core 2 duo.  Core i3, i5, or (highend) i7 would be fine.  don't know about AMD processors, mainly because they're shit.

Zombie Gunn

The majority of graphic artists use Mac, and that's likely to be what you'd be using at school.

Gary

Quote from: Zombie Gunn: The Sequel on July 25, 2010, 11:27:04 PM
The majority of graphic artists use Mac, and that's likely to be what you'd be using at school.

this

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on July 25, 2010, 05:48:10 PM
I need to get a computer for school that can run 3D programs like 3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush, and Unreal.

When it comes to knowing which computer to buy, I don't know anything. I'm not looking at breaking the bank, but I don't want to get something that will end up being more of a headache then it's worth.

Any advice on specs, where I should look to buy it for a good deal, ect, would be GREATLY appreciated.

On that note, do you happen to know what computers they use at school? If they're Macs, then you should start saving up a bit more. Case in point, at my uni they have labs with Macs for design classes, and they've already recommended getting a MacBook Pro.

Do you get financial aid? If not, talk to your local bank about possibly setting up a loan if necessary.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Judge

Well, if your school uses macs and you dont' NEED a laptop, get a Mac Mini.  The lower end model starts at 600 bucks (I think) and hooks up to your monitor and keyboard.  It'll get you started.