2013 EFK Tag Team Kings of the Ring Tournament NOMINATIONS/Winners

Started by Fnord, September 27, 2013, 10:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Is it really necessary to have this many teams, when half are obvious jobbers?

Kieran King

Yeah, this has gotten a bit ridiculous. It kinda screams more "I know more about indy wrestling than you! LOL!" than "These guys are the best tag teams in the world today". It's also going to be super hard to vote in rounds if I don't know a lot about either of the teams, outside of a fluke development deal that turned out well in an Adam Ryland game. And I consider myself pretty educated in the world of wrestling... it's just that someone big only in the bingo halls of San Diego, California isn't really going to reach out to Perth, Western Australia.

Alex Smiley

I'll admit that nominating region-specific teams is a bit of a stretch, but a good number of the CHIKARA teams have about as much right to be in here as some of the well-known WWE/TNA/ROH teams. So, I won't be terribly hurt if my SoCal teams don't qualify lol.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Kieran King

That's kind of true. I guess it's a pretty somber reflection of the state of tag team wrestling today. Even 5 years ago tag team wrestling was more alive in mainstream American wrestling than it is today (one thing TNA was doing right back then!) Let's just plow through this one so we can get to one from all-time one and see if the Road Warriors beat the Dudley Boyz in the finals.

¿PapaPancho?

I haven't even gotten to nominate most of the lucha teams ...

Fnord

Quote from: PapaPancho on September 30, 2013, 01:54:17 PM
I haven't even gotten to nominate most of the lucha teams ...

Nominate them! Hurry, I'll have quick random qualifying matches! This tournament will go fast, promise!

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Fnord on September 30, 2013, 02:13:32 PM
Nominate them! Hurry, I'll have quick random qualifying matches! This tournament will go fast, promise!

Los Guerreros del Infierno (Ultimo Dragon y Dragon Rojo Jr)
Bullet Club (Rey Bucanegro y Tama Tonga)
Mexican Powers (Crazy Boy y Joe Lider)
Angelico y Jack Evans

Fnord

In the 1st qualifying match for our 2013 EFK Tag Team Kings of the Ring Tournament  we have OVW tag team The Marauders versus TNA's very own Eric Young & Joseph Park!

VERSUS

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Fnord

In the 2nd qualifying match for our 2013 EFK Tag Team Kings of the Ring Tournament  we have OVW tag team The Furions versus OVW's femme fatale team of The Blossom Twins!

VERSUS

Fnord

In the 3rd qualifying match for our 2013 EFK Tag Team Kings of the Ring Tournament we have WWE tag team The Prime Time Players and ROH tag team Outlaws Inc.!

VERSUS

Fnord

In the 4th qualifying match for our 2013 EFK Tag Team Kings of the Ring Tournament we have WWE tag team Tons of Funk and Indy tag team the Bravado Brothers!

VERSUS

Fnord

In the 5th qualifying match for our 2013 EFK Tag Team Kings of the Ring Tournament we have WWE tag team The Wyatt Family and Indy tag team The Day Walkers!

VERSUS

Mike Powers

Fnord

Alex Smiley

Bravados deserve better than to lose to Tons of Funk just because they're the "bigger" name.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.