News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

FWL S5 Omega Playoff Week 1

Started by Fnord, January 26, 2017, 01:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

Playoff Week #1 - 1/22 to 2/4
Fnord VS Drama
Goldferg (BYE) VS Alex
Josh VS Duckman
Midas (BYE) VS Powers

Your starting line-up will consist of...

Main: (highest championship was World/Heavyweight in their current company)
Mid: (highest championship was any OTHER than World/Heavyweight in their current company)
Tag: (2 Superstars from any position)
Flex: (absolutely anyone)
Woman: (Boobs + Vagina = Woman)
Non-Title: (Anyone that has NEVER held a Championship in their current company)
Staff: (Any non-wrestler---Valet, Manager, Referee, Staff, Announcer, Etc. [some wrestlers are also staff])

If you look at the description, some wrestling personalities can be in multiple places.  For example: Lillian Garcia could be placed in your Tag Team, Flex, Woman, Non-Title or Staff! 

Line-ups are due by 7pm CST on Friday 1/27/16

WWE Monday Night Raw (x2), WWE Smackdown LIVE (x2), WWE Royal Rumble (2017), WWE NXT (x2), NXT TakeOver: San Antonio, WWE Main Event (x2), WWE Total Divas (x2), WWE 205 Live (x2), ROH Show (x2), TNA Impact (x1), TNA: Genisis, OVW Show (x2), NJPW presents CMLL Fantastica Mania 2017 - Day 5 (1/20), NJPW presents CMLL Fantastica Mania 2017 - Day 6 (1/21), NJPW presents CMLL Fantastica Mania 2017 - Day 7 (1/22), NJPW Wonderland Special Edition (1/26), NJPW Road to The New Beginning (1/27) &  any pre- or post- show and any original show not previously aired! Also New Japan has yet to release its December schedule.(Subject to change due to surprising PPVs cause ROH is crazy!)

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Fnord

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vXD-iOwzJ08Epqh0xbDLygoFlLjdyGwUc_WOMYpQo6Q/edit#gid=261483388

Playoff Week #1 - 1/22 to 2/4

Fnord                                 VS   Drama
193 Main: Kazuchika Okada     165 Main: Dean Ambrose
229 Mid: Roman Reigns           099 Mid: Rusev
240 T1: BUSHI                        101 T1: Hiroshi Tanahashi
214 T2: Hiromu Takahashi       001 T2: Jey Uso
000 NT: Karl Anderson             000 NT: Chad Gable
108 F: Braun Strowman           101 F: Naomi
031 W: Carmella                     066 W: Bayley
071 S: Jojo                             128 S: Henare
1086                                         661

Goldferg (BYE)           VS   Alex
087 Main: The Miz           120 Main: John Cena
041 Mid: Sasha Banks     172 Mid: Gedo
054 T1: YOSHI-HASHI     031 T1: Ethan Carter III
094 T2: Matt Hardy         000 T2: PJ Black
062 NT: Baron Corbin      018 NT: Simon Gotch
042 F: Jay Briscoe          017 F: Jay Lethal
070 W: Nia Jax               055 W: Jade
017 S: Jeremy Borash     098 S: Makoto Abe
467                                 511

Josh                                    VS   Duckman
096 Main: AJ Styles                  222 Main: Tetsuya Naito
131 Mid: Sheamus                    027 Mid: Hirooki Goto
039 T1: Shinsuke Nakamura     045 T1: Brock Lesnar
064 T2: Bray Wyatt                  190 T2: Kevin Owens
100 NT: Big Cass                      120 NT: Bobby Roode
041 F: Goldberg                        159 F: Will Ospreay
081 W: Becky Lynch                 087 W: Asuka
080 S: Corey Graves                 043 S: Mauro Ranallo
632                                           893

Midas (BYE)               VS    Powers
213 Main: Lashley           110 Main: Brother Nero
147 Mid: Cesaro              096 Mid: Dolph Ziggler
160 T1: Randy Orton       108 T1: Kofi Kingston
147 T2: Luke Gallows      082 T2: Bram
126 NT: Karl Anderson     018 NT: Fandango
154 F: Drew Galloway     062 F: Nikki Bella
087 W: Charlotte            030 W: Alexa Bliss
048 S: Greg Hamilton     051 S: Byron Saxton
1082                                557

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Fnord

I had to alter the Omega Playoffs because so many people dropped out. To explain the schedule there both Goldferg and Midas get a BYE week meaning they cannot lose this week because they are the highest ranking team in their conference. Because we have 8 teams and 2 on BYE that means in order for the two last place teams in the conferences need to defeat a PROXY opponent of the conference winners in order to move on to the following week.

If they both lose, they are both out and the winner of Fnord/Drama faces Goldferg and the winner of Josh/Duckman faces Midas.

If either of them win, then they would have to face the winner of Fnord/Drama or Josh/Duckman and the 1st place teams get another bye.

The final Superbrawl will see Fnord/Drama/Goldferg/Alex VS Josh/Duckman/Midas/Powers.

If you need more explanation, let me know. I did the best with what I had.

Midas

Main: Lashley
Mid: Cesaro
T1: Randy Orton
T2: Luke Gallows
NT: Karl Anderson
F: Drew Galloway
W: Charlotte
S: Greg Hamilton

Duckman

Main: Tetsuya Naito
Mid: Hirooki Goto
Tag: Brock Lesnar
Tag: Kevin Owens
Flex:  Will Ospreay
Woman:  Asuka
Non-Title: Bobby Roode
Staff:  Mauro Ranello
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Goldferg

Quote from: Fnord on January 26, 2017, 01:10:59 AM
I had to alter the Omega Playoffs because so many people dropped out. To explain the schedule there both Goldferg and Midas get a BYE week meaning they cannot lose this week because they are the highest ranking team in their conference. Because we have 8 teams and 2 on BYE that means in order for the two last place teams in the conferences need to defeat a PROXY opponent of the conference winners in order to move on to the following week.

If they both lose, they are both out and the winner of Fnord/Drama faces Goldferg and the winner of Josh/Duckman faces Midas.

If either of them win, then they would have to face the winner of Fnord/Drama or Josh/Duckman and the 1st place teams get another bye.

The final Superbrawl will see Fnord/Drama/Goldferg/Alex VS Josh/Duckman/Midas/Powers.

If you need more explanation, let me know. I did the best with what I had.

So, basically Midas and I want to play our worst line-up possible, so we get a bye to the semis? Or does this just mean that if Alex and Powers lose we go to the final a week earlier than planned (i.e next week is the semis and the week after is superbrawl)?
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Fnord

Well, technically these are PROXY line-ups so you don't even have to submit a line-up as I can do one for you. But yeah, it's not like you would have more opponents ever, it just would skip the one step in the playoffs. No matter what Goldferg and Midas will be fighting for the conference championship. So, it would actually go quicker if you and Midas defeat Alex and Powers.

Midas

Quote from: Goldferg on January 26, 2017, 09:05:20 AM
So, basically Midas and I want to play our worst line-up possible, so we get a bye to the semis? Or does this just mean that if Alex and Powers lose we go to the final a week earlier than planned (i.e next week is the semis and the week after is superbrawl)?

Honestly when I put my line up in last night I didn't even think about that... Truth is you can think about it like if you want to have your first match up where you can be eliminated during the FWL week of 2/5-2/18 or during the FWL week of 2/19-3/4...  The Elimination chamber is 2/12 so you would kind of look at your potential opponents team... In my case this is Josh or Duckman and see if they are WWE heavy... Josh has AJ Styles who could be champion and could defend in the elimination chamber during the FWL week I could face him if I win this week... On the other hand Duckman is Raw heavy compared to smackdown so maybe he is a good opponent... However the following week there is no WWE ppv so maybe that is a better week to face someone for the first time in the playoffs... But what about New Japan...

Basically IMO there are so many variables that I like to think of it like this... I would rather just put in my best lineup and let the cards fall where they will instead of try to shift things the way I think I want them then all of a sudden I face someone like Powers in the semi finals who I could have knocked out early and he beats me...

Plus I think Fnord is saying that they are proxy line ups so he is within the rules to submit them for us since proxy line ups are suppose to be the best on a persons team.

Goldferg

Ok, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. But I have another question - What happens if say Alex beats my Proxy team but Powers loses to Midas?

Would next week be the Vertical conference semi-final and the horizontal final? Or would it be a case of me and the winner of Fnord/DQ have our match and Midas and the winner Duckers/Josh have a double bye?
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Fnord

Everyone will have the same amount of rounds in the playoffs. So, if one of them squeak through then we're gonna see some bye weeks for others yes. To make it less complicated I am hoping they both either win or lose. lol

Goldferg

Ok. In that case I believe I will go

Main: The Miz
Mid: Sasha Banks
Tag 1: YOSHI-HASHI
Tag 2: Matt Hardy
Flex: Jay Briscoe
Non-Title: Baron Corbin
Woman: Nia Jax
Staff: Jeremy Borash

Fnord

Main: Kazuchika Okada
Mid: Roman Reigns
T1: BUSHI
T2: Hiromu Takahashi
NT: Karl Anderson
F: Braun Strowman
W: Carmella
S: Jojo

Mike Powers

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Main: Aj Styles
Mid: Sheamus
Tag: Nakamura
Tag: Bray Wyatt
Non: Big Cass
Woman: Becky Lynch
Staff: Corey Graves
Flex: Goldberg
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Alex Smiley

Well, it might be a long shot but I've decided to keep the SAME lineup.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.