News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

NBA Playoff odds for every team in the league. Interesting read.

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

The Lakers are in trouble.  Howard isn't playing up to standards, Gasol is wuss, Nash is out, and no matter what he thinks Kobe can't do it by himself.

On the other hand, the Knicks are playing some good basketball and Carmelo is off to a great start this season.

J-Reb

I just don't see where L.A. is going to be able to compete with the top of the West.  Nash may actually make them worse on defense - and Gasol can't get out of diapers.

This team has zero depth.  You cannot have Chris Duhon starting in the NBA (which coming from a major Duke fan is really hard to say).  Antwan Jamison can't be depended on to produce any longer, he's simply a 8th-9th man off the bench at this point in his career.  Jodie Meeks is a solid bench player and probably should flourish the more time he spends in D'Antoni's system. 

Optimally, they should go out and get J.J. Redick from the Magic, and slot Kobe in to the 3.  Nash, Redick, Kobe, Gasol and Howard with Artest, Meeks, Blake and Jamison off the bench.  They aren't getting in to the top-4 in the West, but I think that lineup locks them 6-7, which at this point, would be a miracle.

GM Franchise

Lakers will not make the playoffs. I'm calling it right now. The Knicks are playing great. There's a lot of decent teams out there that are playing better than the Lakers. Minnesota of all teams can beat them out for the last playoff spot. So can Houston with Fear the Beard and Linsanity. Thunder and Spurs are the top two out west followed closely by the Grizzlies and Clippers. Lakers are 10th best MAYBE.

GM Franchise

Gary

I cannot wait till Dirk returns, him + mayo is gonna be deadly.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Gary on December 12, 2012, 08:07:25 PM
I cannot wait till Dirk returns, him + mayo is gonna be deadly.

Agreed. Dallas is going to be a force when he returns.

Jon

Yeah, as a die hard Lakers fan. Not looking good.

Saw a stat where the Lakers are better off with Kobe doing less, which is crazy.

This is what I want the Lakers to do... learn to play transition defense. Solving that problem will make a HUGE difference. They need to slow the tempo down a little... until Nash comes back, all the D'Antoni offense does is cause problems going back the other way. Plus Blake is hurt too, so they are working with their 3rd string PG... not good.

Kobe is killing it though, but I feel he's reverted back to his old self in terms of not trusting his teammates to help with the load. Not a good sign. Season is still very young and I would be shell shocked if they did not make the playoffs. If anything Kobe will get them the 8 seed.

I do think things will change for the better when Nash comes back though.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

GM Franchise

NBA's Top Trade Candidates. Interesting article with some good players mentionned in it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-s-top-trade-candidates-000418190.html

GM Franchise

GM Franchise

My favorite basketball team, the Los Angeles Clippers, have won their 12th in a row to break the franchise win streak record.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278108

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on December 22, 2012, 01:08:07 AM
My favorite basketball team, the Los Angeles Clippers, have won their 12th in a row to break the franchise win streak record.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278108

You're a Clips fan? I'm sorry. My Uncle is a diehard Clips fan. But hey it's their first year they've been better then the Lakers... I think... ever.

Hopefully my Lakers can right the ship. Unfortunately it all depends on how much different our team does once Nash gets back. It's too bad were doing so bad when Kobe is having career numbers. I have faith we turn this around though.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Nothing to be sorry about. I grew up watching them and the Lakers all the time on Prime Sports and Fox Sports West when I was a kid. However I think that the Clippers pulled me in more because they would lose most of the time when they were on the TV.

The Lakers are falling apart. Nash coming back isn't going to be the answer. There are too many issues for them to deal with. Kobe and Meeks are the only bright spots on the entire roster. Honestly with them not hiring Phil Jackson a turn around is going to be a few seasons away.