Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

unreal shot by Parker to win.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

This is amusing. Dennis Rodman says Lebron would be average if he played in the '90's.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9353089/dennis-rodman-says-lebron-james-average-played-90s

Quote"It's really not a comparison. If LeBron was playing in the late '80s and early '90s he would be just an average player," Rodman said Friday on "The Dan Patrick Show." "To do what Michael has done ... what he did was more charisma, there was more articulating and stuff like that. LeBron is more like ... there's no flash to his game. He's a great player, don't get me wrong, he's a hell of player, I'll give him that. But to me Scottie (Pippen) and Michael are probably the two best 1-2 punches I've ever seen."
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on June 07, 2013, 02:44:55 PM
This is amusing. Dennis Rodman says Lebron would be average if he played in the '90's.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9353089/dennis-rodman-says-lebron-james-average-played-90s

As good as Lebron is, I actually agree with this.  NBA during the 90s and the NBA now are two different games entirely.  It has been proven that when challenged physically, Lebron is off his game and he has a hard time adapting.  The NBA in the 90s was crazy physical and the refs allowed the game to be played physical.  I think Lebron would steer away from playing the post and driving to the basket so much because he would get banged around.  This would cause him to settle for jumpers, which isn't a strong part of his game.  The NBA these days is for wimps and the refs call EVERYTHING a foul. 

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on June 07, 2013, 10:42:39 PM
As good as Lebron is, I actually agree with this.  NBA during the 90s and the NBA now are two different games entirely.  It has been proven that when challenged physically, Lebron is off his game and he has a hard time adapting.  The NBA in the 90s was crazy physical and the refs allowed the game to be played physical.  I think Lebron would steer away from playing the post and driving to the basket so much because he would get banged around.  This would cause him to settle for jumpers, which isn't a strong part of his game.  The NBA these days is for wimps and the refs call EVERYTHING a foul.

I see where you are coming from... but even on a bad day for LeBron...

He's still averaging 20, 5, and 5. And that is actually really low balling it.

Sorry, but LeBron is not "average" in any era you stick him in.

As much as I hate the guy... he's a phenomenal basketball player.

Justin

Quote from: Jon on June 07, 2013, 10:45:53 PM
I see where you are coming from... but even on a bad day for LeBron...

He's still averaging 20, 5, and 5. And that is actually really low balling it.

Sorry, but LeBron is not "average" in any era you stick him in.

As much as I hate the guy... he's a phenomenal basketball player.

Oh and let's be real....defense....real defense...was actually played in the 90s. 

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on June 07, 2013, 10:50:38 PM
Oh and let's be real....defense....real defense...was actually played in the 90s.

I agree with this.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Sure, defense was focused on a lot more in the 90s. But the rules were not enforced as much as they are now. You touch someone the wrong way and the refs blow the whistle. That is no fault of LeBron James... who plays excellent defense I might add.

Players today are bigger, faster, and stronger then in the 90s.

The game has changed.

But if LeBron entered the NBA in the 90s and played with people like Jordan, Ewing, The Dream, Barkley, Payton, Malone... etc... I still think he'd rise above 'average'. He is way too athletic and talented to be just 'average' in any era.

GM Franchise

GM Franchise

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: GM Franchise on June 09, 2013, 07:48:30 PM
Jason Kidd pursuing Nets coaching job.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/9358941/jason-kidd-pursuing-brooklyn-nets-head-coaching-job-sources-say

Please hire him. Billy King, for all the mistakes you made as Sixers GM, it's time you make up for it. Hire Kidd and let Shaw come to Philly. I will forgive you for Webber.

Cory

That block by Lebron.

...too bad he started to play well when they were up by 20

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: JustinP on June 07, 2013, 10:50:38 PM

You're kidding right?  Zone was illegal back then.  If you mean defensive players were allowed to foul you more often and get away with it back then then your point is valid.  With the athleticism and speed players have now and the way the game has changed defenses are better now.

Justin

Quote from: PapaPancho on June 09, 2013, 11:41:34 PM
You're kidding right?  Zone was illegal back then.  If you mean defensive players were allowed to foul you more often and get away with it back then then your point is valid.  With the athleticism and speed players have now and the way the game has changed defenses are better now.

What?!?!  There is no defense played in the NBA these days.  There are about five guys who ACTUALLY play defense in the NBA.  There is no on-ball pressure, there is no denying the passing lanes.  Seriously, when it comes to defense in this era compared to the 90s, you might as well be talking about an 5 year old kids league. 

GM Franchise