NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

been a great series so far.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Heat another big game.  Win by 13.

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on June 11, 2013, 03:37:04 PM
Heat another big game.  Win by 13.

Dwayne Wade better start playing like a MVP if you wanna win the bet Justin.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

I'm thinking Spurs by 3. Heat will miss a tying three with under 5 seconds left to seal the deal.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Quote from: Jon on June 11, 2013, 04:31:06 PM
Dwayne Wade better start playing like a MVP if you wanna win the bet Justin.

He will drop 41 points, 8 boards, and 4 assists.....oh, nevermind I think that's called wishful thinking.

GM Franchise

Wade will get around 14-16 points maybe.

The TeeJ of Philly

If you had asked me what was more likely, Wade winning Finals MVP or Danny Green outplaying Wade, I would have gone the former, but wow.

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Glad I missed that massacre.

GM Franchise

GM Franchise

Mike Miller might be starting in Game 4 for Miami.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9380625/2013-nba-finals-miami-heat-consider-moving-mike-miller-starting-lineup-game-4-sources-say

QuoteSAN ANTONIO -- Looking to jump-start a sluggish offense, Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra is considering changing his starting lineup for Game 4 of the NBA Finals and inserting the hot-shooting Mike Miller, sources said Thursday.

Miller is 10-of-11 shooting on 3-pointers in the Finals thus far and is shooting 50 percent from behind the arc in the postseason. He started 17 games in the regular season, mostly as a fill-in for Dwyane Wade when he was battling injuries, and the Heat were 13-4 in those games.

Miller started Game 4 of the Heat's series against the Milwaukee Bucks, a game the Heat won by 11 points.

If Spoelstra decides to make the change with Miami trailing the San Antonio Spurs 2-1 in the best-of-seven Finals, Miller likely would replace Udonis Haslem in the starting lineup to give the Heat more shooters in an attempt to spread the floor. The Spurs have been successful in packing the paint over the series' first three games and it has cramped the driving space for LeBron James and Wade.

That lineup started together twice in the regular season and averaged 107 points in wins over the Chicago Bulls and Boston Celtics. It has played 22 minutes together in the playoffs, outscoring the opposition by nine points in that time.

In that configuration, James could end up starting the game as the Heat's defensive center and spend extended time guarding Tim Duncan. Haslem has been good defensively on Duncan in the series but has struggled offensively.

No matter how the Heat start out, one of their priorities going into Game 4 is expected to be deploying more shooting lineups. That could mean reduced playing time for backup point guard Norris Cole and more for Shane Battier, who recently has been out of the rotation.

ESPN.com's Tom Haberstroh contributed to this report.

The TeeJ of Philly

I'm happy about Kidd to the Nets because it's one less team that could beat out Philly for Shaw (I know long shot, but it's not as long as it was Monday)

I see Karl going to the Clips for sure. I think Grizzlies hire a sabermetric kinda coach with the new front office, but Denver is the wildcard. If Phil Jackson is the GM, it all but assures that Shaw will be the HC, if not, theres a small chance of Shaw. Hollins won't come to Philly with Hinke, a saber guy so it'll be either Shaw or the assistant in Houston. Fingers crossed

GM Franchise

Clippers/Celtics trade talks end

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9399106/los-angeles-clippers-walk-away-boston-celtics-deal-sources

QuoteThe Los Angeles Clippers informed the Boston Celtics on Tuesday morning they are pulling out of talks to acquire Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers, sources told ESPN.com.

The teams have no plans to speak again, the sources said, and the Clippers are preparing to move on and hire a coach this week.

Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge, meanwhile, confirmed to The Boston Globe that talks between the teams had ended.