:sparta:
Quote from: JustinP on July 19, 2013, 03:28:49 PM
Meh...he hasn't proved anything.

Did I sound excited? lol

Justin

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on July 19, 2013, 03:38:17 PM
:sparta:
Did I sound excited? lol

Not really...but I just wanted to add fuel to the fire, lol.

Mike Powers

If only he's half as good as he was for the Sixers....

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on July 19, 2013, 03:11:01 PM
The city of Charlotte is ecstatic about bringing back the Hornets name.  The team had a party/celebration last night downtown, but unfortunately I was stuck at work.

I don't blame them for celebrating the demise of the Bobcats Era in Charlotte.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

John Wall signs 5 year, $80 million extension

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9526231/john-wall-washington-wizards-signs-5-year-80-million-extension-report

QuoteThe Wizards have signed point guard John Wall to a five-year contract extension worth $80 million, the Washington Post reported.

According to the newspaper, the Wizards will formally announce the signing at a Thursday news conference. Wall's deal will begin at the start of the 2014-15 season, the paper said.

ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported last week that the Wall and the Wizards were close to the $80 million extension and that both sides were on course to have an agreement signed by Aug. 1.

Wall had been eligible to sign an extension until Oct. 31. He would have become a restricted free agent without a deal by that deadline on July 1, 2014.

Although Wall missed nearly half of the 2012-13 season after knee surgery, his strong recovery during Washington's final 49 games and solid connection with fellow young guard Bradley Beal has convinced Wizards management that the former Kentucky star is worthy of a franchise-player contract.

Wall averaged 18.5 points, 7.6 assists and 4.0 rebounds after his January return while shooting a career-best 44.1 percent from the field.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

GM Franchise

Pelicans unveil new uniforms

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9530162/new-orleans-pelicans-unveil-new-blue-red-gold-uniforms

QuoteMETAIRIE, La. -- The New Orleans Pelicans now have uniforms to go with a new team name, emblems and color scheme the NBA franchise released earlier this year.

Anthony Davis (left) and Jrue Holiday showcase the Pelicans' new uniforms.
The club, which competed as the Hornets last season, unveiled new uniforms Thursday on new practice courts built alongside the headquarters of the NFL's Saints in suburban New Orleans.

The home uniforms are white with gold and red trim, with "New Orleans" written in navy blue across the front, along with blue numbers.

The road uniforms are navy blue with the same trim, but with lettering and numbers in white.

The club's primary logo, with a basketball tucked under a soaring pelican's beak, appears on the sides of the shorts.

Forward Anthony Davis says he's eager to wear the uniform in games.

GM Franchise

Greg Oden signs with the Heat.

Quotehttp://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9533451/former-no-1-pick-greg-oden-sign-miami-heat

QuoteGreg Oden, the former No. 1 overall pick who hasn't played in an NBA game since 2009, will sign a contract to play for the Miami Heat, the center told Grantland.com.

The deal is for a minimum of two years with a player option in the second year, sources told ESPN's Marc Stein and Jeff Goodman.

Miami had been considered the favorite to land Oden. Heat president Pat Riley has been personally recruiting Oden since before the end of the 2012-13 regular season. And, of course, Miami is coming off winning an NBA title with a lineup that includes LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, among others.

Oden said it was a "big deciding factor" that Heat officials made it clear to him that he "wouldn't be needed as much early in the season" as he works his way back from more than three years out of the league.

"When I had a conversation with Coach (Erik) Spoelstra and hearing how much he knew about the training stuff that I was already doing, it kind of made me feel like they know what's best for me," Oden said in a phone interview.

"I'm not going to sit here and say I'm 100 percent," Oden added. "I am moving (well) and I am feeling good, but I have a lot of work to do."

He told ESPN.com that James recruited him via text message, in addition to Spoelstra.

Oden has worked out for several teams over the past few weeks. His final three teams were believed to be Miami, San Antonio and Dallas. Oden worked last week in Indianapolis and five teams watched him. They presented offers earlier this week that detailed not only financial specifics but also each club's medical plans for overseeing the 25-year-old Oden's ongoing recovery from a multitude of knee problems.

New Orleans, Sacramento and Atlanta were the other known suitors for Oden.

Oden hasn't played in an NBA game since Dec. 5, 2009, and underwent his third career microfracture surgery as recently as February 2012. He was selected No. 1 overall by Portland in 2007 but has played in just 82 career NBA games thanks to injury woes. In 21 games in the 2009-10 season, Oden averaged 11.1 points, 8.5 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game before succumbing to injury again.

As for concerns that he's thrusting himself back into the spotlight instead of launching his comeback with more of an under-the-radar team, Oden said: "They are in the spotlight, what can I say? But for them to come after me with all the stuff I've been going through -- for them to think I can still be an important piece of their team -- I'm really excited about that. The scrutiny ... that's going to be there with any team I signed with. I just want to play."

Asked about his expectations for the coming season, Oden added: "I want to be able to finish the season healthy. (After) everything I've been through, I want to be able to say I played the game and I had no problems."

Information from ESPN.com's Marc Stein and Jeff Goodman was used in this report.

Justin

That is the best place for him.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I am really rooting for Oden to turn his career around. I mean...imagine being Sam Bowie when people talk about Jordan going 3. He already has the KD problem, it would be nice at 25 if he can get on the Heat and make a serious comeback to his career.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Justin

Quote from: Trumpers on August 03, 2013, 07:27:19 PM
I am really rooting for Oden to turn his career around. I mean...imagine being Sam Bowie when people talk about Jordan going 3. He already has the KD problem, it would be nice at 25 if he can get on the Heat and make a serious comeback to his career.

I wasn't big on him in college and never thought he should have been taken over Durant.  However, the man's career has been derailed with injuries and I too hope he can bounce back and at least prove himself to be a worthy big man for the next seven years.

GM Franchise

Oden's injuries area big risk. However that said Miami is an excellent place for him considering Mike Miller was in a similar situation when he got there.

GM Franchise

Shabazz Muhammed sent home from rookie camp

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/23054574/report-shabazz-muhammad-sent-home-from-rookie-transition-program

QuoteThis really shouldn't be this hard, kids. The NBA rookie transition program lasts a few days. You come in, you have some silly photos taken, you take classes about what you need to know about NBA life as the league tries to prepare you to not embarass it and keep your money. You sleep in a dorm like it's college, then you leave, and resume your summer of fun coming off your first NBA contract until September when training camp starts.

It's not difficult. And yet ...

From USA Today:

Minnesota Timberwolves rookie guard Shabazz Muhammad was sent home from the NBA's Rookie Transition Program for violating of a rule and bringing a female guest into his hotel room, a person familiar with situation told USA Today Sports.

The person requested anonymity because he wasn't authorized to speak publicly about the situation.

Muhammad, who also will be fined, was in Florham Park, N.J., for the four-day program which helps rookies transition into the league through a series of seminars, instructions and guest speakers.

via Shabazz Muhammad was sent home from NBA rookie program.

This follows the 2008 incident in which Heat rookie Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur, who both played at Kansas, were expelled for basically having a party in the dorm room. Michael Beasley later admitted to being in the room, too.

Muhammad entered the past college basketball season as the consensus No. 1 pick, but slid to the Timberwolves at No. 14 after a disappointing campaign. This won't help matters.

It's just bringing a guest. He had a friend he wanted to see. It shouldn't be a big deal.

But again, it's only for a few days, where you have to follow the NBA's rules. That's it, and then you can do whatever you want. But no.

Muhammad will make $1.8 million this season from the Timberwolves, before the inevitable fine.

GM Franchise

Heat/Bulls, Lakers/Clippers to open NBA Season

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9544918/miami-heat-chicago-bulls-los-angeles-lakers-clippers-play-nba-opening-night

QuoteThe reigning champion Miami Heat will open up the NBA season at home against the Chicago Bulls in what figures to be Derrick Rose's first game since tearing his ACL during the 2012 playoffs, one of three games on Tuesday, Oct. 29 -- the first night of the 2013-14 NBA season.

The Staples Center hallway rivalry will also tip off on opening night as the fortified Los Angeles Clippers with new coach Doc Rivers will take on the Dwight Howard-less Los Angeles Lakers.

The Orlando Magic and Indiana Pacers will kick off the NBA opening night tripleheader.

After spurning the Lakers in the offseason, Howard will make his Houston Rockets debut when they play host to the Charlotte Bobcats on Oct. 30.

That same night, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce are scheduled to make their debuts as members of the Brooklyn Nets under first-year head coach Jason Kidd in a road test against Kyrie Irving, 2013 No. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett and the rest of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Howard will face the Lakers for the first time on Nov. 7 when the Rockets host the Lakers, while the former Celtics will return to Boston for the first time on Jan. 26.

The NBA Christmas Day schedule again will include five games, starting with Chicago at Brooklyn (noon ET, ESPN). It continues with Oklahoma City at New York (2:30 p.m. ET, ABC), Miami at the Lakers (5 p.m. ET, ABC), Houston at San Antonio (8 p.m. ET, ESPN) and the Clippers at Golden State (10:30 p.m. ET, ESPN).

This will mark the first time since 2008 that the defending NBA champions will be on the road for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Heat reserve Shane Battier took to Twitter to voice his concern about leaving Miami for Christmas.

ESPN's regular-season TV schedule opens Nov. 1 with a doubleheader -- Miami at Brooklyn (8 p.m. ET), followed by San Antonio at the Lakers (10:30 p.m. ET).

GM Franchise

Brandon Jennings looks to make Motor City 'Lob City'

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9545072/brandon-jennings-detroit-pistons-eager-chance-adapt

QuoteAUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Brandon Jennings can hardly wait to take the court alongside Detroit's athletic big men.

"I guess you can say we can bring the 'Lob City' to Detroit this year," Jennings said.

That's quite a boast, considering the Pistons have missed the playoffs for four straight seasons, but if there was one thing Jennings tried to make clear Tuesday, it was that he will absolutely look to pass the ball a bit more than he did in Milwaukee. Detroit acquired Jennings from the Bucks last week, hoping the new point guard can be an important part of an extensive offseason overhaul.

The Pistons also signed forward Josh Smith and guard Chauncey Billups. They traded guard Brandon Knight in the deal for Jennings.

It was a flurry of moves that, at the very least, has people around Detroit talking about the Pistons again. How it will look on the court is anyone's guess -- and Jennings' job will be to help this group become a cohesive unit.

"This year I think you're going to see a whole different player, just with all the talent that I have around me, the veterans that are in the locker room," Jennings said. "Now I can just actually be myself and be who I was five years ago, when I was in high school, playing AAU basketball."

The 23-year-old Jennings seems well aware of some of the knocks against him. He shot 40 percent from the field last season, easily the worst mark in the NBA for any player who took over 1,200 shots. Of course, he also averaged a career-high 6.5 assists per game.

"I definitely have to change my game for this team, for my teammates, everybody to be successful," Jennings said. "The things that I was doing in Milwaukee, I won't have to do here -- take all those bad shots."

The Bucks made the playoffs last season with a 38-44 record. Detroit was nine games worse, and the Pistons made a coaching change this offseason, bringing in Maurice Cheeks to replace Lawrence Frank.

Talented big man Greg Monroe is still only 23, and 6-foot-11 Andre Drummond turns 20 on Saturday. That's what Jennings is talking about when he says the Pistons have a bright future and teammates he'll enjoy playing with.

Detroit added Smith, a 6-foot-9 forward who averaged 17.5 points for Atlanta last season. The question now is how well he'll mesh with the other frontcourt players -- and what Jennings and Billups can add to the backcourt. Drummond was at Tuesday's news conference, when Jennings was introduced.

"It's like I got drafted all over again," Drummond said. "I'm walking into a new situation, a new coaching staff, a new bunch of players."

It's certainly an exciting time for a franchise that has not had many of them lately. Detroit's rebuilding process has been slow. First, Tom Gores became the team's new owner in 2011 following a drawn-out sale. Over the next couple years, the Pistons parted ways with Richard Hamilton, Ben Gordon and Tayshaun Prince, giving themselves flexibility.

It felt for a while like this would be the offseason when Detroit's patience might finally turn into action -- when the Pistons would put some of their salary cap space to use and be aggressive in the trade market. That's exactly what's happened, and although it's hard to say where this lineup ranks in the Eastern Conference, nobody can accuse Detroit of standing pat.

Team President Joe Dumars doesn't anticipate any more major changes, so all that's left now is the waiting.

"I do feel like the roster that we have right now is a roster that can compete for the playoffs," Dumars said. "I don't foresee us doing any more big moves."