News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on April 05, 2014, 11:19:58 AM
Lebron is playing in a WEAK NBA era. His numbers are overhyped because the NBA now is nowhere along the lines of where it used to be. He is gifted but if he was playing in the Superstar Era back in the day with Malone, Barkley, etc. and with the style of play from back then I don't think his numbers would be like they are currently.

Lebron is on a better team? LOL look at how shitty his conference is compared to the West where Durant is playing at. In my opinion the Thunder are the better team because they are winning in the harder conference. Add to it the Thunder have a better conference record than the Heat which says a lot in my opinion.

Better team....who are the two time defending champions?

And I agree with your point about the prior era. However Durant would be mediocre at best. He would be roughed and banged around and would be nowhere near effective.

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on April 05, 2014, 11:22:38 AM
Better team....who are the two time defending champions?

And I agree with your point about the prior era. However Durant would be mediocre at best. He would be roughed and banged around and would be nowhere near effective.

Two time defending champs don't mean nothing this season. They were lucky last season to win that title.

I agree about Durant and think Lebron would be nowhere near as effective in that era as well.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

The TeeJ of Philly

Here's the issue when people talk about era's. Not only were the pro game played differently, the college game, the high school game were played differently. LeBron would have came up playing the "harder more defensive game". KD wouldn't be in the NBA. 6' 9'' and 240lb with no post game? Nope, a coach would have stuck him in the post and watch him get beat up. LBJ would stand a better chance.

Until the Heat are knocked off, they're the best team. Regular season is great and all, but it doesn't matter what happens in the regular season if you don't win it all. So while your opinion is that the Thunder are the better team, the fact is the Heat are the better team.

GM Franchise

How are the Heat the better team when they're in the weaker conference, have a worse conference record than the Thunder, and have less wins than the Thunder? The title was won LAST SEASON. This season is something else entirely.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on April 05, 2014, 12:23:57 PM
How are the Heat the better team when they're in the weaker conference, have a worse conference record than the Thunder, and have less wins than the Thunder? The title was won LAST SEASON. This season is something else entirely.

To be the best you have to beat the best. Being the defending champions, let alone two time, makes you the best team until yiu get knocked off.

The Heat will win again this season.  The Thunder wont win as long as they have Westbrook and Durant on the same team.

GM Franchise

The Heat have to deal with Indiana first. I think the Pacers will give them a run for their money. I've liked what I'm seeing from Brooklyn down the stretch too.

Justin

The Pacers are fading. Paul George is proving that he still has a ways to go before he is an elite player. It will be another good series but the Heat will win in 5.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: GM Franchise on April 05, 2014, 02:07:27 PM
The Heat have to deal with Indiana first. I think the Pacers will give them a run for their money. I've liked what I'm seeing from Brooklyn down the stretch too.

Indiana needs to remember how to play basketball before they can take the Heat.

I will disagree that the Thunder can win with both Russell and KD, KD can't do it all, just look at last year against Memphis and Russell has no fear, which you need.

Justin

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on April 05, 2014, 02:12:03 PM
Indiana needs to remember how to play basketball before they can take the Heat.

I will disagree that the Thunder can win with both Russell and KD, KD can't do it all, just look at last year against Memphis and Russell has no fear, which you need.

He has no fear but he also doesnt like playing second fiddle. When he gets on he goes completely stupid and tries to take over and ends up costing his team. It has happened every postseason.

GM Franchise

Clippers are also looking very good recently.

GM Franchise

Bucks sold for $550 Million

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10790404/milwaukee-bucks-announce-sale-team

QuoteThe Milwaukee Bucks will announce later Wednesday that longtime owner Herb Kohl has reached an agreement to sell the team to hedge-fund billionaires Wesley Edens and Marc Lasry in a deal valued at $550 million, according to sources familiar with the transaction.

In January, Forbes valued the Bucks at $405 million, last among the league's 30 franchises.

Sources told ESPN.com that the deal, subject to league approval, will be confirmed in an afternoon news conference.

Kohl, a longtime U.S. senator who bought the team for $18 million in 1985, made keeping the team in Milwaukee a condition of the sale. It's also believed Kohl, while relinquishing majority control, will retain a significant percentage of the team.

The Bucks have fallen way short of expectations. After harboring hopes of making a playoff push, they will finish this season with the worst record in the NBA. Wednesday's announcement will bring an upbeat conclusion to Kohl's search for buyers who wouldn't try to move the team after his nearly 30 years of ownership and deep ties to the state of Wisconsin.

Among the challenges for Edens and Lasry, assuming their purchase is ratified by the league, will be erecting a new building to replace the outdated Bradley Center.

On a visit there in September, months before he succeeded David Stern, new NBA commissioner Adam Silver said "an obvious issue we all have to deal with is we need a new arena in Milwaukee."

Justin

Talk about a return on investment. 

Cory

How bout them Raptors

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Gates

Quote from: Cory on April 17, 2014, 03:59:27 PM
How bout them Raptors

They've had a great season (by Raptors standards anyways lol) though they might be in for a rough ride in round one...I think the playoff experience is like 500 games for Nets players and 150 for Raptors players, with the most being Hansborough's 30-odd lol

Justin

They will lose to the Nets.