News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on April 30, 2014, 05:33:03 AM
The Thunder just dont get it. Westbrook should not be shooting 31 times in a game.

That def was not the problem in last nights game.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Justin

It will always be their problem. Like Ive always said, the Thunder will never win with both of them on the same team.

Justin

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on April 30, 2014, 06:01:26 AM
I caught the Bulls elimination game last night and can I just say Charles Barkley comes across like a fucking idiot when it comes to sensitive topics like this. The problem when you have a race issue like this is that as a white male you are made to feel that you are also part of the problem because someone of the same gender and race is a racist. Its that same thing where if I dont give a fuck about this...which frankly I dont really...I am potentially branded as a racist/bigot or if I do give a fuck about this I am told 'well I couldnt possibly truly understand because I am not a minority'...

Racism can effect people in a variety of ways, you dont have to just be black or a minority to feel the implications of what has happened here, but the way Barkley came across during half time it could only possibly be minorities who feel effected by this. That pisses me off, not that I actually give a shit about Sterling and what he said, but the fact that people like Barkley don't help this cause by making it an 'us and them' thing.

When I was growing up, Isiah Thomas agreed with a statement by Dennis Rodman which implied about Larry Bird would be just another good guy if he was black. Why are we not sitting here questioning whethe Isiah Thomas or Dennis Rodman should be banned from the league? To me thats an offence remark to Larry Bird based on his race.

People have heard the tapes of a rich old white man who is what 80 years old? We have no idea of the context, the legitimacy of the tapes and a whole host of other factors and yet the world has handed out their sentence straight off the bat.

Sorry, I will be in the minority here (pardon the pun) but I think this is a complete load of bollocks.

Does it matter what context he said it in? What he said was blatant and without regard.

While I believe use the racist card erroneously at times when things dont go their way this is clearly an "us vs. them" situation. Its ok for minorities to make you money but you dont want them to come to your games? Furthermore, as a white man married to a black woman I witness first-hand things thst create that mentality. White people stare and snarl at us when we are together. We've had a waitress refuse to serve us in a restaurant. When Im with my daughter she is called beautiful but when her mother comes into the picture that beautiful girlgets shunned, snarled at, and is no longer worth talking to as people hurry off.  Ive been called a "n***** lover" numerous times. While I understand this does not hold true for most white people it is actions like these that contribute to the "us vs. them" mentality."

In regards to your Larry Bird statement you can thank the absence of 24 hour news and social media for the lack of attention the comment received. Plus if Bird was truly offended he would/should have made a fuss about it .

Jon

Social media has a HUGE effect on these sort of topics.

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on April 30, 2014, 07:24:04 AM
It will always be their problem. Like Ive always said, the Thunder will never win with both of them on the same team.

Grizzlies have out scored them by 62 points in the paint during the series and have held Durant and Westbrook to 50 out of 153 shooting from the field. Add in winning the turnover battle last night and they've been the better team in this series to this point.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

Do people not remember how HUGE it was when Isiah said that? Larry Bird had to hold a press conference WITH Isiah and even that wasnt enough to push back the hate.

Larry Johnson SHOULD be crucified as that idiot wanted to bring back the negro leagues. Even the most staunch defender of seperate but equal was Malcolm X and he changed his tune towards the end of his life.

Whether its coming from black white brown any generalizations about a group of people based on one characteristic is dumb to voice that publicly.

GM Franchise

Sources: Mike D'Antoni steps down

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10864513/mike-dantoni-resigns-coach-los-angeles-lakers

QuoteMike D'Antoni has resigned as coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, according to sources.

Mike D'Antoni coached the Lakers to a 27-55 record this season, the worst 82-game mark in franchise history.
During conversations with the Lakers over the past two weeks, D'Antoni had asked them to pick up the team option on the fourth year of his contract, sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com.

D'Antoni had one year remaining on his deal at $4 million. The Lakers held a $4 million team option on him for 2015-16.

Los Angeles went 27-55 this season, its first full campaign under D'Antoni. The Lakers posted the second-worst winning percentage (.329) in team history, the worst 82-game record in team history and their lowest win total since the franchise relocated from Minnesota.

D'Antoni, 62, has posted a 67-87 record since being hired by the Lakers early in the 2012-13 season to replace Mike Brown.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

More than one Los Angeles team is celebrating now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GM Franchise

Damian Lillard has arrived. Unreal clutch shot to win the series for the Blazers.

GM Franchise

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on May 03, 2014, 01:43:15 AM
Damian Lillard has arrived. Unreal clutch shot to win the series for the Blazers.

He was rookie of the year last season and an all-star this season. He's been hitting clutch shots since he got to the NBA. I'd say he arrived a LONG time ago. 

T-Bonizzle

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on May 03, 2014, 07:20:46 AM
He was rookie of the year last season and an all-star this season. He's been hitting clutch shots since he got to the NBA. I'd say he arrived a LONG time ago.

This is the playoffs. You need playoff success to be legit and he's got that now. That was the only thing he was missing.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: GM Franchise on May 03, 2014, 10:56:52 AM
This is the playoffs. You need playoff success to be legit and he's got that now. That was the only thing he was missing.

So Dirk wasn't legit until he won the title?

GM Franchise

Quote from: The Soul of Philly on May 03, 2014, 11:33:29 AM
So Dirk wasn't legit until he won the title?

Don't even start. Dirk was in the league years before that wheareas Lillard's only been in his second season. There's a difference.