News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

¿PapaPancho?

I hardly say hes arrived either. Not saying he cant get there but eight now hes still on Brandon Roys level.

Justin

Lillard is better than Brandon Roy. He is a legit all around player and top 5 point guard.  He has talent around him that can score so he doesnt have to score a ton of points but he can if needed to.

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on May 03, 2014, 12:56:06 PM
Lillard is better than Brandon Roy. He is a legit all around player and top 5 point guard.  He has talent around him that can score so he doesnt have to score a ton of points but he can if needed to.

I agree with this. Lillard is way better than Roy and the Blazers have a solid starting five including the underrated Wesley Matthews plus some decent bench players.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: JustinP on May 03, 2014, 12:56:06 PM

That is way unfair to say. Roy was on his way to being one of the best in the NBA, if it wasn't for his knee.

Lillard is gonna be a star, no question about it. I see a lot of the same things in him that I saw in Roy, so the Blazers have been damn lucky in that regard. 

I think if Roy was still able to play today, there'd be no question who the better player is. And in case you forgot, Roy also hit a buzzer beater on the Rockets, albeit, not in the playoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNkHgi7Pr8M

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Gates

So wait...Lillard can't have arrived because he didn't have any playoff success...and that one shot means he's arrived? Even though his team could still get bounced in the next round (meaning no playoff success...)?

Jon

Quote from: C.J. Gates on May 03, 2014, 02:56:05 PM
So wait...Lillard can't have arrived because he didn't have any playoff success...and that one shot means he's arrived? Even though his team could still get bounced in the next round (meaning no playoff success...)?

#Franchiselogic

GM Franchise

Quote from: C.J. Gates on May 03, 2014, 02:56:05 PM

That's not the only clutch shot he made in that game.

Quote from: Jon on May 03, 2014, 03:48:11 PM
#Franchiselogic

Quit trolling.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

thecolonel

Glad I found this. Huge NBA fan. Seeing all the Lillard love, which is probably deserved with the big 3 last night. However, I'm curious, has people put him above Aldridge? In my opinion the Blazers are Aldridge's team, and he is proving he is the best 4 the game has to offer right now (not including LeBron who plays a 3/4 depending on match-ups).

Jon

Jon

Quote from: thecolonel on May 03, 2014, 04:06:11 PM
Glad I found this. Huge NBA fan. Seeing all the Lillard love, which is probably deserved with the big 3 last night. However, I'm curious, has people put him above Aldridge? In my opinion the Blazers are Aldridge's team, and he is proving he is the best 4 the game has to offer right now (not including LeBron who plays a 3/4 depending on match-ups).

No, Portland is very much LA's team.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on May 03, 2014, 04:11:02 PM
It's not trolling when it's true.

Yeah it is trolling given how you posted it. It was done to get a reaction, plain and simple.

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on May 03, 2014, 04:14:57 PM
Yeah it is trolling given how you posted it. It was done to get a reaction, plain and simple.

Pot... kettle.... black....

thecolonel

Good. Glad to hear it hasn't gotten too overboard with the Lillard love. I think he is awesome, but just not yet above Aldridge. With that said, what do you guys think Houston is missing going forward? What should they try and add to their team?

Jon

Quote from: thecolonel on May 03, 2014, 04:19:28 PM
Good. Glad to hear it hasn't gotten too overboard with the Lillard love. I think he is awesome, but just not yet above Aldridge. With that said, what do you guys think Houston is missing going forward? What should they try and add to their team?

I don't think they are missing anything per say.

The West is just a tough conference with a lot of really good teams.

But they could use a veteran on the team. Someone like a Pierce or Garnett would be a nice addition to this team.

thecolonel

Quote from: Jon on May 03, 2014, 04:22:00 PM
I don't think they are missing anything per say.

The West is just a tough conference with a lot of really good teams.

But they could use a veteran on the team. Someone like a Pierce or Garnett would be a nice addition to this team.

Interesting, do you not think Kevin McHale or Hakeem Olajuwon's involvement on the team simulates for them the "NBA veteran" voice?