Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

V. StivianoInvestigated for Allegedly Extorting Donald Sterling Over Recordings
5/6/2014 1:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/06/v-stiviano-extortion-investigation-donald-sterling-audio-recordings-money/

QuoteV. Stiviano is under criminal investigation for allegedly extorting Donald Sterling by demanding money in return for keeping more audio recordings secret ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... a senior investigator for the L.A. County D.A.'s Bureau of Investigation contacted Shelly Sterling Tuesday ... asking for an interview in connection with the extortion investigation.

Donald Sterling gave an interview last week ... telling a magazine, "I wish I had just paid her off."

TMZ Sports first reported ... Stiviano claims to have 100 plus hours of recordings of conversations between her and Sterling.

Stiviano's people told us a week ago ... Sterling called her after we posted the audio ... asking her, "How can we make this go away?"  We have since learned it was NOT Sterling who initiated the call -- it was Stiviano.

And we've learned the investigation is also focusing on whether Stiviano illegally recorded Sterling  ... recording private conversations without the consent of all parties is a crime in California.

We contacted Stiviano's law firm about the extortion investigation, and we're told, "We have no knowledge and therefore no comment."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/06/v-stiviano-extortion-investigation-donald-sterling-audio-recordings-money/#ixzz30zcVYy7m
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Domingo

Quote from: Jon on May 04, 2014, 10:33:21 AM
I'm not using stats, I'm using what I see when I watch these players play. The stats speak for themselves.

Rondo is a fine PG, a few years ago he was easily in the Top 5, but he lost his passion for playing and has a shit attitude. When he wants to play, he is really fun to watch. But BTW, I think Paul is a better defender/passer than him, but that's just me.

But he turns the ball over a lot as well. That is what I'm getting at. Your sole reason for leaving Curry, who is IMO, far better than Rondo, off your list is because he turns the ball over. I mean you put LILLARD and PARKER over Curry... thats just crazy talk.

My Top 10 PG's in the NBA
1. Chris Paul
2. Derek Rose (do retired players count?) heard Sterling might be back before Rose.
3. Stephen Curry
4. John Wall
5. Kyrie Irving
6. Russell Westbrook
7. Rajon Rondo
8. Kyle Lowry
9. Damian Lillard
10. Tony Parker   

GM Franchise

Blazers greeted by rattlesnake in locker room before Game 2 in San Antonio

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/08/blazers-greeted-by-rattlesnake-in-locker-room-before-game-2-in-san-antonio/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

QuoteVisiting locker rooms in the NBA are the opposite of opulent. They are small and without frills, meant to keep the opposing team uncomfortable during their stay.

In the past, teams have made some additional adjustments to either the climate in the room or the water temperature to further irritate the opponent. But having a live, venomous reptile in place awaiting the visitors seems like a bit much.

From Casey Holdahl of the Blazers' website:

Upon arriving at the AT&T Center for Game 2 versus the Spurs, the Trail Blazers were greeting by an unexpected guest in Thomas Robinson's locker: a rattlesnake.

"Man, me and Thomas at our lockers as usual," explained Trail Blazers guard Will Barton. "We're changing and he goes to put his shoes down and he's like 'What the ...?' You know what he said. He's like 'There's a snake under my locker dog!' And I'm like 'Stop playing.' He's like 'No for real! A real snake!' And we just looked under there and there was a snake. I was scared!"

"I just put my shoes down and once I put my shoes down I double looked and I seen a snake sitting there," said Robinson. "After that, I got away from it. I just seen something curled up and I looked again and it was a snake. No one believed me until they looked in there. It hissed, I backed up."

Arena security moved in and removed the snake, but not before Mo Williams snapped some photos.

"We get in the lockerroom n its a damn snake, yea a snake in the lockerroom. Man we was scared as hell," the caption read.

No one was hurt, but there's no question that the Blazers were a little freaked out by the experience.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

thecolonel

San Antonio clearly doesn't mess around in their pre-game rituals against opposition. Jake "the Snake" would be proud.

GM Franchise

Report: Steve Kerr accepts Warriors coaching job

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24562897/report-steve-kerr-accepts-warriors-coaching-job

QuoteNBA.com reports that Steve Kerr has turned down the Knicks' offer to join Phil Jackson in New York and will instead accept the Warriors' job.

The ove is in feact a stunner, as Kerr was thought to be too far in discussions with New York to pull out, especially given his relationship with Jackson. It leaves the Knicks without their pirimary option who Jackson had spoken with several times over the past few months, dating back to before Jackson joined the Knicks officially.

Meanwhile, the Warriors land a huge get. A former player who can connect with Steph Curry as a shooter, has a strong relationship with the front office, and the most sought-after candidate in coaching circles. It's a massive recoup by the Warriors who were thought to be scrambling after Stan Van Gundy signed with Detroit.

Cory

After seeing game 5, NBA is rigged....they want the Clippers to either lose, or they want that primetime game 7 game sunday.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Cory on May 14, 2014, 10:03:06 PM
After seeing game 5, NBA is rigged....they want the Clippers to either lose, or they want that primetime game 7 game sunday.

Dont get me started

Domingo

Was Joey Crawford officiating?

thecolonel

Interestingly, I have subscribed to the idea laid out by Bill Simmons regarding the NBA's sometimes suspicious ref calls. He has previously claimed he thinks officials edge games to the longest capable series possible rather than favoring certain teams. Obviously Superstar treatment occurs to better the talent and upgrade ticket sales for them- however they seem more to hate shutouts and as long as it goes beyond 5 games, everyone is happy. I believe it was Doug Collins or Van Gundy who said the NBA only has to pay for 5 games at the full price for television broadcast. After that the NBA makes more profit as the viewers tend to increase the more dramatic and drawn out the series is (so everyone is making more money regardless). While it's just a theory, I like it.

Domingo

NBA has almost as much drama as the FBL.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Domingo on May 16, 2014, 01:04:16 AM
NBA has almost as much drama as the FBL.

It was starting to get dull until the Donald Sterling scandal happened. Ever since then there's been nothing but coaching drama, ref drama, player drama, playoff drama, etc.

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on May 16, 2014, 01:13:53 AM
It was starting to get dull until the Donald Sterling scandal happened. Ever since then there's been nothing but coaching drama, ref drama, player drama, playoff drama, etc.

Nah, the NBA is still dull.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on May 16, 2014, 07:01:34 AM
Nah, the NBA is still dull.

Well it's still the same final four as last season after all...

thecolonel

Nah, the "Final Four" last season was San Antonio, Memphis, Miami, and Indiana. Close though. This year is exciting to see if San Antonio can beat OKC, and if Indiana is now good enough to dethrone Miami. In my opinion: the answer is no to both due to their match ups (San Antonio) / lack of team chemistry (Indiana) and we will see the repeat 2012 playoffs. Which would mean, Miami will again beat OKC due to the unfavorable match ups. OKC's weakness is still inside, and Miami is still more athletic than OKC.

Justin

The NBA is rigged.

The Heat will beat the Spurs again.