News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Report: Cavs flying to New Jersey to offer Kyrie Irving the max

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24601777/report-cavs-flying-to-new-jersey-to-offer-kyrie-irving-the-max

QuoteMembers of the Cleveland Cavaliers front office are flying to New Jersey on Monday in order to meet star point guard Kyrie Irving and offer him a maximum contract extension as soon as the team is allowed to, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard.

It was reported weeks ago that the Cavs would try to get this done as soon as possible in July. Despite the fact a late-May report indicated Cleveland might not be willing to invest heavily in Irving, the only sound decision here was always to lock him up for as long as possible. The Cavs could have legitimate doubts about his defense and his leadership, but he has franchise-player talent and the team needs stability in the worst way. Even if it costs $90 million over five years.

It has been a rocky few seasons for Cleveland, but with Andrew Wiggins and David Blatt on board things are starting to look up. Extending Irving's contract would be another step in the right direction.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

He's not worth a max contract.

Krazy

It's not the coaches or the players why the Bucks sucks its the front office. It starts with the Owners, GM, President, and so on. I am just saying and I have seen this from a personal view.

On a locals note: Jason Kidd is hell of a coach and he can handle some of the problems that the Sucks have.

GM Franchise

James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: JustinP on June 30, 2014, 05:06:22 PM
He's not worth a max contract.

He's worth it to somebody.  NBA GM's always overpay to keep their talent.

Krazy

Quote from: PapaPancho on June 30, 2014, 05:22:07 PM

It's NBA and MLB who has grossly overpaid players. Have you ever seen an AFL contract or MSL contract its 1/3 of the NBA and MLB combined.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Krazy on June 30, 2014, 05:24:55 PM
It's NBA and MLB who has grossly overpaid players. Have you ever seen an AFL contract or MSL contract its 1/3 of the NBA and MLB combined.

They also don't gross as much revenue ... the Lakers paid out 44 million dollars in revenue sharing ... they STILL made 104 million on the year.

GM Franchise

Quote from: PapaPancho on June 30, 2014, 05:22:07 PM

That's the whole problem with the NBA. Too many overpaid players.

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: GM Franchise on June 30, 2014, 05:26:59 PM

With a fixed salary cap every team essentially has 1 player they will always max out for especially the smaller market clubs that need to retain talent through the draft since they can't just pluck free agents ... just look at John Wall and the Wizards.

Krazy

This creates a gap look at the Lakers to the Hornets or even Heat to the Bucks. Massive gaps because the overpaid players and teams not getting even money. Even the poorest team in the NFL has some fair chance unlike the NBA.

GM Franchise

Honestly I think there's too many overpaid players and the guys who are really worth the money, like roleplayers and key contributors off the bench, don't get paid enough. Spurs are the perfect model of an NBA team in my opinion.

Justin

Here is my problem with the major sports leagues.  The coach is always the sacrificial lamb.  You are playing all of these guys a ton of money, but at the end of the day they are the ones that have to perform.  Sure, the coach has to have a good game plan and put the right guys on the court, but he can't shoot, throw, tackle, hit, dribble, etc. for the players.  They have to do that, that's what you're getting paid for. 

Krazy

Quote from: JustinP on June 30, 2014, 06:00:01 PM
Here is my problem with the major sports leagues.  The coach is always the sacrificial lamb.  You are playing all of these guys a ton of money, but at the end of the day they are the ones that have to perform.  Sure, the coach has to have a good game plan and put the right guys on the court, but he can't shoot, throw, tackle, hit, dribble, etc. for the players.  They have to do that, that's what you're getting paid for.

I would even add the front office also. Some teams are good however plagued with a horrid front office.

Domingo

#FBLproblems

GM Franchise