News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Luol Deng agrees to a 2 year, 20 million dollar deal to play for the Heat.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Quote from: ESPNCleveland opened trade talks with Minnesota by offering Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett and a first-round draft pick -- a deal that was declined by the Timberwolves, sources told ESPN. The Cavaliers likely will need to find a third team in order to acquire Love in a trade that doesn't include Wiggins.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Blatt: Cavs won't trade Wiggins

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11209471/cleveland-cavaliers-trade-andrew-wiggins-coach-david-blatt-says

QuoteAndrew Wiggins will get the opportunity to begin his NBA career alongside LeBron James, according to Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt.

Blatt refuted speculation that the Cavaliers could part with Wiggins in a potential deal to land Kevin Love, telling reporters that he is unaware of any plans to trade the No. 1 overall pick.

"There's no reason or cause for worry on his part because Andrew's not going anywhere, as far as I know and as far as the club has expressed," Blatt told reporters Saturday following the Cavaliers' Summer League practice in Las Vegas.

The Cavaliers made the biggest splash of the offseason by convincing James to return to Cleveland, ending the Akron native's four-year stint with the Miami Heat.

Love is "intrigued" by the idea of joining James in Cleveland and would commit to a long-term deal with the Cavaliers, a source told ESPN on Friday. But Love's current team, the Minnesota Timberwolves, want Wiggins in any deal for Love, sources told ESPN.

Cleveland opened trade talks with Minnesota by offering Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett and a first-round draft pick -- a deal that was declined by the Timberwolves, sources told ESPN. The Cavaliers likely will need to find a third team in order to acquire Love in a trade that doesn't include Wiggins.

"
I would think for a guy like Andrew, to have the opportunity to play with arguably one of the best players of all time, and to learn from him and to be tutored by him and to play alongside him -- which he will -- I gotta think that's a tremendous boost to his confidence.
"
-- Cavaliers coach David Blatt, on the prospect of Andrew Wiggins
playing with LeBron James
Sources told ESPN that the Cavaliers have informed Wiggins he will not be traded, and Blatt affirmed the franchise's commitment to the former Kansas star, saying he is looking forward to watching him mesh with James.

"I would think for a guy like Andrew, to have the opportunity to play with arguably one of the best players of all time, and to learn from him and to be tutored by him and to play alongside him -- which he will -- I gotta think that's a tremendous boost to his confidence and his comfort level and probably his motivation," Blatt told reporters.

Wiggins scored 18 points in his professional debut Friday, helping the Cavaliers to a 70-68 Summer League win over the Milwaukee Bucks and the draft's No. 2 pick, Jabari Parker.

One day later, the 19-year-old guard reiterated his excitement to play with James.

"The best player comes to your team," Wiggins told reporters. "It's going to be a great learning experience for me to play alongside the best in the game."
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Jon

Blatt: Cavs won't trade Wiggins

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11209471/cleveland-cavaliers-trade-andrew-wiggins-coach-david-blatt-says

QuoteAndrew Wiggins will get the opportunity to begin his NBA career alongside LeBron James, according to Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt.

Blatt refuted speculation that the Cavaliers could part with Wiggins in a potential deal to land Kevin Love, telling reporters that he is unaware of any plans to trade the No. 1 overall pick.

"There's no reason or cause for worry on his part because Andrew's not going anywhere, as far as I know and as far as the club has expressed," Blatt told reporters Saturday following the Cavaliers' Summer League practice in Las Vegas.

The Cavaliers made the biggest splash of the offseason by convincing James to return to Cleveland, ending the Akron native's four-year stint with the Miami Heat.

Love is "intrigued" by the idea of joining James in Cleveland and would commit to a long-term deal with the Cavaliers, a source told ESPN on Friday. But Love's current team, the Minnesota Timberwolves, want Wiggins in any deal for Love, sources told ESPN.

Cleveland opened trade talks with Minnesota by offering Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett and a first-round draft pick -- a deal that was declined by the Timberwolves, sources told ESPN. The Cavaliers likely will need to find a third team in order to acquire Love in a trade that doesn't include Wiggins.

"
I would think for a guy like Andrew, to have the opportunity to play with arguably one of the best players of all time, and to learn from him and to be tutored by him and to play alongside him -- which he will -- I gotta think that's a tremendous boost to his confidence.
"
-- Cavaliers coach David Blatt, on the prospect of Andrew Wiggins
playing with LeBron James
Sources told ESPN that the Cavaliers have informed Wiggins he will not be traded, and Blatt affirmed the franchise's commitment to the former Kansas star, saying he is looking forward to watching him mesh with James.

"I would think for a guy like Andrew, to have the opportunity to play with arguably one of the best players of all time, and to learn from him and to be tutored by him and to play alongside him -- which he will -- I gotta think that's a tremendous boost to his confidence and his comfort level and probably his motivation," Blatt told reporters.

Wiggins scored 18 points in his professional debut Friday, helping the Cavaliers to a 70-68 Summer League win over the Milwaukee Bucks and the draft's No. 2 pick, Jabari Parker.

One day later, the 19-year-old guard reiterated his excitement to play with James.

"The best player comes to your team," Wiggins told reporters. "It's going to be a great learning experience for me to play alongside the best in the game."

J-Reb

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 13, 2014, 02:40:50 PM
Luol Deng agrees to a 2 year, 20 million dollar deal to play for the Heat.

It won't happen said GM Franchise.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on July 13, 2014, 04:29:27 PM
It won't happen said GM Franchise.

I'm shocked they got him considering he was wanting more money at the start of free agency.

GM Franchise

Richard Jefferson is finalizing a one year deal to play for the Mavericks according to ESPN.

GM Franchise

Rockets decide not to match Chandler Parsons offer sheet

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-07-13/rockets-chandler-parsons-offer-sheet-mavericks-nba-free-agency-dwight-howard-mark-cuban-dirk-nowitzki

QuoteThe Houston Rockets have decided not to match the Dallas Mavericks' three-year, $46 million offer for small forward Chandler Parsons, according to Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle.

The Rockets decided they would not be a title contender with a big three of Parsons, Dwight Howard and James Harden. It's ironic because Parsons' recruitment of Howard was a major factor in his decision to join the team last season.

Chandler Parsons (AP Photo)
MORE: Parsons signs, parties with Cuban | Lin traded to LA | Stephenson suitors: Hornets, Mavs, Pacers

Those within the franchise were torn over the decision, according to Feigen. But, ultimately, Houston decided it would be hard to build with Parsons, Howard, Hardan and Trevor Ariza on large contracts. Ariza's ability on defense also played a part in the team's decision to keep him as the No. 1 option at small forward, Feigen reports.

In Dallas, Parsons will take on a larger role and be paid a contract that matches his talent level. A former second-round pick, Parsons averaged 16.6 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.0 assists and received less than $1 million for the season.

This decision and others, including the Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik trades, free up considerable salary cap space and present an opportunity to add more talent.

GM Franchise

Report: Mario Chalmers agrees to 2-year deal with Heat

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24619536/report-mario-chalmers-agrees-to-2-year-deal-with-heat

QuoteThe Miami Heat have reached an agreement with free agent Mario Chalmers on a two-year deal, according to ESPN's Marc Stein. Financial terms of the deal have not yet been reported.

Chalmers had an extremely disappointing NBA Finals, but before that he averaged 9.8 points, 4.9 assists and 2.9 rebounds per game as the Heat's starting point guard, shooting 45 percent from the field and 39 percent from behind the three-point line.

With LeBron James in Cleveland, next season will give Chalmers an opportunity to be more of a playmaker than he's been in the last four seasons.

GM Franchise

Reports: Wizards, Rockets, Pelicans turn Asik, Ariza deals into 3-way trade

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24619579/report-wizards-rockets-pelicans-turn-asik-ariza-deals-into-3-way-trade

QuoteThe Washington Wizards, Houston Rockets and New Orleans Pelicans have reportedly agreed to a three-way trade, per NBA.com's David Aldridge and USA Today's Sam Amick. Here's how it's going to shake out:

Wizards get: $8.5 million trade exception, Melvin Ely's unguaranteed contract

Rockets get: Trevor Ariza, Alonzo Gee, New Orleans' 2015 protected first-round pick

Pelicans get: Omer Asik, Omri Casspi, $1.5 million cash from Houston

That's a pretty nice trade exception for Washington. With the Paul Pierce signing and now this, the Wizards have recovered pretty nicely after what initially looked like a devastating loss.

GM Franchise

Dwyane Wade staying with Heat

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/11218554/dwyane-wade-agrees-new-contract-miami-heat

QuoteDwyane Wade has agreed to a new contract with the Miami Heat and is expected to finalize it as early as Tuesday.

Wade took to Twitter on Tuesday to announce the agreement:

The Associated Press, citing an anonymous source, reported the deal is for two years and worth about $34 million, with a player option for the 2015-16 season.

With the Heat's recent moves, including getting commitments from Chris Bosh, Luol Deng and Chris Andersen and signing Josh McRoberts, Mario Chalmers and Danny Granger, the Heat have positioned themselves to give Wade a contract that starts at about $15 million per season. Wade is expected to sign for up to four years.

Wade played just 54 regular-season games in 2013-14 as he dealt with various knee injuries and the Heat often held him out to rest him. He averaged 19 points, 4.5 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game on a career-high 55 percent shooting. He averaged 17.8 points per game during the playoffs.

He is taking roughly an $8 million pay cut from the two years and $42 million he opted out of to become a free agent last month.

Wade's pay cut, the second time in his career he's taken less to help the Heat, helped free up money to give Bosh a full five-year, $118 million max contract and Deng a two-year, $20 million deal.

Jon

Never any question Wade was gonna return.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Jon on July 15, 2014, 03:59:39 PM
Never any question Wade was gonna return.

What about those reports of him possibly returning home to play in Chicago?

GM Franchise

As expected the Bulls just used their amnesty clause on Carlos Boozer ending his career there.

GM Franchise

Humphries to Wiz in sign-and-trade

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11218871/washington-wizards-get-kris-humphries-boston-celtics

QuoteThe Washington Wizards are set to acquire veteran forward Kris Humphries as part of a sign-and-trade deal with the Boston Celtics, sources confirmed to ESPN.com.

Humphries is expected to sign a three-year, $13 million contract. The Wizards and Celtics are finalizing the details of the sign-and-trade agreement.

The deal was first reported by Bleacher Report.

Humphries averaged 8.4 points and 5.9 rebounds over 19.9 minutes per game last season. Acquired as part of the blockbuster deal that sent Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett to Brooklyn, Humphries earned a team-high $12 million last season and emerged as a locker-room leader while nurturing the development of Boston's younger talent.

Humphries took to Twitter to say he's ready to get started with his new team by calling out the address of Verizon Center -- the Wizards' home arena.

The Celtics, stocked with young talent at power forward, were not expected to re-sign Humphries this summer. It seems likely that Boston will receive a trade exception as part of the sign-and-trade agreement with Washington.

The Wizards appear to have the ability to absorb Humphries' contract by receiving a trade exception as part of the sign-and-trade deal that will send Trevor Ariza to the Houston Rockets.