News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

A-Rod Suspended For 2014 Season

Started by Mike Powers, January 11, 2014, 01:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Justin

His argument is that he hasn't failed amy drug tests which what causes the suspensions.

Mike Powers

But the other evidence is a bit overwhelming. If there's a clear pavement when I go to sleep, and when I wake up I need to shovel, it's pretty safe to say it snowed.

Gates

With the way his argument is, and with the way it's said in the drug policy (at least this is what I think I heard, I haven't read the above link), he has a point...as thin as it may be. He didn't fail a drug test, and everyone else in the Biogenesis thing who didn't fail one got 50 games...yet he got 211 (now 162). The only other person to get more then 50 was Braun who had already "failed" a test.

I'm not a fan of A-Rod's, but I think this was more the league making a point out of a prominent athlete. It's not right, especially with how the other suspensions were handed out.

Justin

The CBA says that you can suspend a player based on a failed test.  His name being mentioned in the documents is just that. The other players just took the suspension cause they don't have the bankroll he does to figjt the league.

Gates

Quote from: JustinP on January 11, 2014, 03:20:06 PM
The CBA says that you can suspend a player based on a failed test.  His name being mentioned in the documents is just that. The other players just took the suspension cause they don't have the bankroll he does to figjt the league.

Ah, I wasn't sure if it stated specifically that you get x games for one failed test, x games for two and so on. Still, though, I think the basis for his argument is that everyone's name was in the documents, and not everyone got the same suspension.

Of course there's more to this then just names in a document but I don't think a lot of that has been revealed to the public, has it?

Justin

:sparta
Quote from: C.J. Gates on January 11, 2014, 03:56:26 PM
Ah, I wasn't sure if it stated specifically that you get x games for one failed test, x games for two and so on. Still, though, I think the basis for his argument is that everyone's name was in the documents, and not everyone got the same suspension.

Of course there's more to this then just names in a document but I don't think a lot of that has been revealed to the public, has it?

Suspensions are based on the number of failed drug tests. But he didn't fail any and the evidence the league has they paid for most pf it.