News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gates

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 04, 2016, 04:53:05 PM
He wants a ring, yeah, but this "winning is all that matters" mindset now days is stupid. NBA was better back in the day and MJ was winning all the rings whereas the other superstars stayed put for the most part. Bunch of attention whore punks now days.  8)

So athletes shouldn't want to win? I mean, I get that you're saying, he should stay put in OKC and try and win there rather then leave and chase a ring, but you can't fault him for wanting to win a title. Every player wants to win one, and if he doesn't think his team is good enough to do it, why not go somewhere where you can win one sooner.

Maybe he was going to leave OKC anyways, and he wanted to take a shot at a title before going to a different team where he's the man again.

I don't follow NBA closely, so I might be off base but you see the title chase in every sport. Not in the super team sense, but the chase is still real.

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 04, 2016, 04:53:05 PM
Lebron made the Warriors look like punks and Kyrie, who schooled Chef Curry, helped him do it. The Thunder could take down the Warriors after that Orlando trade if he re-signed. They had the deepest roster in the NBA. The Spurs a monster because of good coaching and smart signings. He should be afraid of the Spurs with Gasol arriving. Durant is a chump as it relates to this move, bottom line.

He wants a ring, yeah, but this "winning is all that matters" mindset now days is stupid. NBA was better back in the day and MJ was winning all the rings whereas the other superstars stayed put for the most part. Bunch of attention whore punks now days.  8)

Was Lebron a chump when he left to Miami?

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Gates

Quote from: Jon on July 04, 2016, 06:01:02 PM

I maintain he was a chump for making a huge spectacle out of it more so then going.

Black Death

Quote from: Gates on July 04, 2016, 06:06:47 PM
I maintain he was a chump for making a huge spectacle out of it more so then going.

^^^^^
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jon

Quote from: Gates on July 04, 2016, 06:06:47 PM

Even he regrets The Decision. Yeah, he was a giant douche for that. I still have hatred for him for that maneuver. All is forgiven now though, right? lol

I still don't have any issues with Durant going to GS or Lebron/Bosh going to Miami or Garnett/Allen going to Boston.

It's not like he chased the money. He's chasing a championship and he landed in the best position for him to do that. 

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Black Death

No problem with it also ... but can he now humble himself and not be the man in GS or will he clash with the guys there wanting the ball at the end of the game.. That the real question.

Cory

So can they afford to have Curry/Klay/Durant/Green and the depth off the bench still? I wonder how much less Durant took to go to GS.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Gates

Quote from: Cory on July 04, 2016, 06:34:49 PM
So can they afford to have Curry/Klay/Durant/Green and the depth off the bench still? I wonder how much less Durant took to go to GS.

Well, Barnes and Bogut got ousted I heard so the depth might not be as much as it was.

And since it was mentioned...as a native of Toronto (and with the Raptors being the team I cheer for when I do), I don't believe I hated on Bosh for moving to Miami. I knew he wouldn't win it in Toronto, and knew he would never be able to be the guy. I was more of a big 2.5 in Miami to me lol (okay, maybe that is hate on him).

Everything with LeBron became forgiven when he went back to Cleveland.

As for whether or not Durant can be one of the team and not be the guy...I suspect he wouldn't have gone to GS if he didn't think he could. I think this is just a stop over for him. Win a title (maybe two) and then move on to be the guy somewhere else. I mean unless he hurts himself, people will still be lined up to sign him after this contract/if he opts out.

Gravedigger

LeBron didn't join a 73 win team that just knocked him out of the playoffs....

Justin

LeBron did it first so back off KD...only flack LeBron got was the way he announced.

Plus KD realized what I've been saying the last 3 or so years on these boards....he and Westbrook cannot win a title together.

Gravedigger

Are you kidding? Go to any sports webpage message board. LeBron still gets shit for winning with Miami to this day. And he didn't leave Westbrook and company. He left a team that was the worst in the NBA the next year without him. He also didn't join 3 All-NBA players.

This is not the same. I supported LeBron choice from day one. Durant is gutless.

GM Franchise

Yeah he was and then he did the right thing, went back to Cleveland, and ended the drought. He was a chump, now he's a champ.  8)

Quote from: Gravedigger on July 04, 2016, 07:13:36 PM
Are you kidding? Go to any sports webpage message board. LeBron still gets shit for winning with Miami to this day. And he didn't leave Westbrook and company. He left a team that was the worst in the NBA the next year without him. He also didn't join 3 All-NBA players.

This is not the same. I supported LeBron choice from day one. Durant is gutless.

Bosh and Wade are good but there's also Iggy in the mix too. That's five high level players on one team.

Quote from: Gravedigger on July 04, 2016, 06:57:50 PM
LeBron didn't join a 73 win team that just knocked him out of the playoffs....

This, and he didn't join the best regular season team of all time either. Digger's got the right idea about this.

Quote from: Gravedigger on July 04, 2016, 05:20:55 PM
Jennings is the same position as Rose.... Phil just seems to be signing random players at this point. Not even close to a Super Team....

They're the 4th best in the East at best.

They'll be super, alright. At least they're doing something. The Lakers, who were in a similar position, signed Mozgov for a shit deal. At least they drafted good lol.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Black Death

Lakers sign Mozgov on the belief  that he going to get healthy and play like he did few years back.  Which in my eyes is dumb as shit , but hey , I got to live with it now.

It a feeling of the rich just got richer ...as a Lakers fan I know all about that. ;)

Gravedigger

Lakers are a train wreck right now. Hopefully for them the young guys develop, and maybe they get Westbrook next summer. They are at least 3 years from contending right now, maybe more. The Wolves young core is better...

GM Franchise

Quote from: Gravedigger on July 04, 2016, 08:41:27 PM
Lakers are a train wreck right now. Hopefully for them the young guys develop, and maybe they get Westbrook next summer. They are at least 3 years from contending right now, maybe more. The Wolves young core is better...

I love the Wolves core. They got some ballers on that team.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible