News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Death

Quote from: Gravedigger on July 04, 2016, 08:41:27 PM
Lakers are a train wreck right now. Hopefully for them the young guys develop, and maybe they get Westbrook next summer. They are at least 3 years from contending right now, maybe more. The Wolves young core is better...

that pretty much my thoughts also
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 04, 2016, 09:04:58 PM
I love the Wolves core. They got some ballers on that team.

They got two legitimate ballers...the rest is athleticism that will translate into some good stat lines from time to time. Luckily they got a coach that can coach.

GM Franchise

Looks like the Super Team War is continuing. Dwayne Wade is meeting with the Cavs in Cleveland tomorrow.  8)
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

Quote from: Gravedigger on July 04, 2016, 03:53:07 PM

KD is joining the best regular season team of all-time, a two time finalist that was a shot or two from being back to back champs, and who also has the two time reigning MVP....

Basically he's saying he can't win in OKC because he's not good enough so he'll join the team that beat him...

And .....

Is Charles Barkley somehow more noble for never joining the Bulls? This is nonsense.

Black Death

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 05, 2016, 01:30:38 AM
Looks like the Super Team War is continuing. Dwayne Wade is meeting with the Cavs in Cleveland tomorrow.  8)

offer of two years from  heat worth 40 million

don't think he going to leave Miami

Jon

Quote from: Gravedigger on July 04, 2016, 08:41:27 PM
Lakers are a train wreck right now. Hopefully for them the young guys develop, and maybe they get Westbrook next summer. They are at least 3 years from contending right now, maybe more. The Wolves young core is better...

I'm sure the thought of Westbrook leaving next summer had a lot to do with KD's decision as well. Saw the writing on the wall.

I have no doubts that Westbrook is going to book it to LA.  8)

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Black Death

Quote from: Jon on July 05, 2016, 08:00:06 AM
I'm sure the thought of Westbrook leaving next summer had a lot to do with KD's decision as well. Saw the writing on the wall.

I have no doubts that Westbrook is going to book it to LA.  8)

I am down with that

Cory

Loved the Raptors bringing in the signing to get them over the hump.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

Quote from: Cory on July 05, 2016, 03:19:47 PM
Loved the Raptors bringing in the signing to get them over the hump.

Huh?

Cory

Quote from: Jon on July 05, 2016, 03:24:21 PM
Huh?

All the talk in Canada was Ujiri was gonna resign DeRosen and then add the one player (presumably a PF) to help Toronto take the next step. They don't have crazy money to spend, but they certainly had assets worth trading.

I figured they would try and build from franchise bests, but now they are worse than when the season ended. Ibaka, Gasol and Horford were the big three that had been linked but nothing came through.

We got instead one of the more criticized picks in the top 10 in Poeltl.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

I thought you were being sarcastic... but wasn't sure.

The TeeJ of Philly

"LEBRON ISNT ON MJS LEVEL BECAUSE HE DONT HAVE SIX RINGS!"

>>Hammer a guy for chasing rings in his prime.

Or my personal favorite.

>>Non Atheletic Regular Person (NARP) tells super athlete he is a coward for taking a better job.

Seriously, if people reacted to NARPs going to new jobs  the way they do to athletes, people would off themselves

Justin

At the end of the day, your goal as a competitor is to win.  He did what he had to do to put himself in the best position to win.

T-Bonizzle

As it turns out basketball is KD's job....even though it's a game to us. Weird huh?

GM Franchise

He couldn't beat them so he joined them. That's what it comes down to.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible