News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

NBA Thread

Started by GM Franchise, June 23, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravedigger

So gutless. Just solidified that he won't go down as one of the all time best. No chance at cracking the top 10-15 anymore....

Yes, I'm bitter right now as a Celtics fan, but if he'd picked any of his options other than GS he would have showed some balls. Now he's Steph's wingman...

GM Franchise

Durant took the cheap way out. He's desperate for a championship and is taking the pussy route to get it.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Cory

If I was in his shoes and been so close to a title but never having the team or luck to actually get it, I'd take the deal to GS.

This is the kinda shit that makes me not wanna seriously get into the NBA, there only 3-4 teams and everyone else.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

When the Celtics made the Big 3 (Pierce, Allen, Garnett) and it worked. Of course that would be the direction the NBA would go towards.

I actually had a lot of respect for the Warriors because they drafted their team (for the most part).

As for Durant, I don't blame him. I mean the Warriors will now have Curry, Klay, Durant, Draymond, Iggy, Livingston.... yadda yadda yadda. Just stupid and I'd be shocked if they didn't win it all (if they can stay healthy).

And the NBA has prospered for this super teams. I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong), the NBA profits have been continually increasing. So people are liking the product and paying for it.

Besides the Warriors are gonna be in for a rude awakening when Mozgov and the Lakers come to town!

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Gravedigger

Kinda hoping LeBron signs with the Spurs to take these guys out before the finals....

GM Franchise

Quote from: Gravedigger on July 04, 2016, 02:14:36 PM
Kinda hoping LeBron signs with the Spurs to take these guys out before the finals....

That's the whole reason the super teams are forming up. They're all afraid of Lebron, the best player in the world. So they have to join forces to get their glory. Lebron has made the finals six years in a row and led the charge against GSW from a 3-1 deficit. That's the whole reason Durant wussed out and did this.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

¿PapaPancho?

Man y'all clowns thinking this hurts KD legacy.

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on July 04, 2016, 02:44:20 PM
That's the whole reason the super teams are forming up. They're all afraid of Lebron, the best player in the world. So they have to join forces to get their glory. Lebron has made the finals six years in a row and led the charge against GSW from a 3-1 deficit. That's the whole reason Durant wussed out and did this.

I don't think people are afraid of Lebron, lol. Lebron went to Miami to make a superteam... I guess he was afraid of the Thunder... the Spurs...? That's just dumb logic.

He went to Warriors because it was his best shot at winning a ring NOW. That's it. That's all it is. Ya'll think too much into it.

And Pancho... I don't think it hurts his legacy now, only if he ends up not winning with them will it hurt.

Gravedigger

Quote from: ¿PapaPancho? on July 04, 2016, 02:54:59 PM
Man y'all clowns thinking this hurts KD legacy.

KD is joining the best regular season team of all-time, a two time finalist that was a shot or two from being back to back champs, and who also has the two time reigning MVP....

Basically he's saying he can't win in OKC because he's not good enough so he'll join the team that beat him...

Black Death

NBA benefits from having parody more than having 1 or 2 super teams. They would rather have like  5 more great teams fighting out for the title in each division, means more people showing interest, watching games ,etc which means more revenue for them as whole, it one of the reasons they block the CP3 trade to Lakers years back ( still bitter about that )

On paper , KD going to GS is great for him and GS . But can he now be the 2 man in that system , He going to go from being the man in OKC to being the 2 or even third man in the GS system. That going to being intresting to watch if nothing else.  Sometimes major stars in one place does not make a championship , ( Lakers in 2003 as a example  with Malone , Shaq , Kobe and Payton )
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Gravedigger

Guess he changed his mind since then....

Jon

Quote from: Gravedigger on July 04, 2016, 04:05:40 PM
Guess he changed his mind since then....

You haven't changed your mind on any stances from 6 years ago?

Cory

If you cant beat em, join em.

That's all that really needs to be said about this situation period.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Super Team 2, the Knicks. They just signed Brandon Jennings.

Pau Gasol to the Spurs.

Just when NBA was getting interesting again this shit happens.

Quote from: Gravedigger on July 04, 2016, 03:53:07 PM

KD is joining the best regular season team of all-time, a two time finalist that was a shot or two from being back to back champs, and who also has the two time reigning MVP....

Basically he's saying he can't win in OKC because he's not good enough so he'll join the team that beat him...

This I agree with.

Quote from: Jon on July 04, 2016, 03:21:11 PM
I don't think people are afraid of Lebron, lol. Lebron went to Miami to make a superteam... I guess he was afraid of the Thunder... the Spurs...? That's just dumb logic.

He went to Warriors because it was his best shot at winning a ring NOW. That's it. That's all it is. Ya'll think too much into it.

Lebron made the Warriors look like punks and Kyrie, who schooled Chef Curry, helped him do it. The Thunder could take down the Warriors after that Orlando trade if he re-signed. They had the deepest roster in the NBA. The Spurs a monster because of good coaching and smart signings. He should be afraid of the Spurs with Gasol arriving. Durant is a chump as it relates to this move, bottom line.

He wants a ring, yeah, but this "winning is all that matters" mindset now days is stupid. NBA was better back in the day and MJ was winning all the rings whereas the other superstars stayed put for the most part. Bunch of attention whore punks now days.  8)

Gravedigger

Jennings is the same position as Rose.... Phil just seems to be signing random players at this point. Not even close to a Super Team....

They're the 4th best in the East at best.