News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Prayer Thread

Started by J-Reb, November 16, 2013, 09:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Reb

So, I'm sure this will probably ruffle some feathers...but that's alright.  It won't be the first or last time.

I realize many of you don't believe in the power of prayer or the deity to whom the prayer is offered.  That's perfectly fine - I'm not anticipating my praying for you changing your mind.  This isn't a thread to discuss religion but to encourage, support and lend a prayerful ear in times of troubles.  If you'd like to discuss the matter of my faith privately, I'll be glad to do so.

Again, not trying to convince you of anything here, but a big part of my faith is leaning on the power of prayer.  I believe it works. 

I'm willing to commit to praying for whatever need that may arise for you.  If you don't want to leave it here publicly, send me a private message.  Others may feel free to join in.  If prayer doesn't do it for you, by all means, skip over this thread and I won't think any different of you.

Maybe this flops.  Maybe it doesn't.  Either way, know that if you need it, I'm more than willing to spend time praying for anything that might come up in your life.

Justin

I share Reb's sentiments.  If my praying for you can be of any help, I too will lend a hand.

Hondo

Good post, Reb.

I stand in the need of prayer, especially in my professional life. Pray for strength in my industry.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

jagilki

Two of my cousins' (Suzie and Pamie) kids (Wyatt and Vinny) were just in a major automobile accident.  Wyatt has severe internal injuries and brain damage.  They are breathing for him and have flown him to Denver.  They are not really expecting him to make it.

Vinnie has a broken neck, but is awake and was talking.  They are flying him to Scottsbluff.

jagilki

Justin

Prayer said for you and your family Jag.

My grandmother had a heart attack this morning and will be taken off of life support in the coming hours.

jagilki

Justin

I just got word that she has passed.

J-Reb

So sorry to both of you.  Praying for the families in both situations!

Hondo

Prayers for both Jag and Justin's families. And my deepest condolences.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Duckman

I'm not a praying kind of person, but my thoughts and best wishes are with Jag and Justin.  Such horrible news guys, I hope you can find strength in the support of family, friends, God or whoever it is you lean on in times like these.

All the best guys.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Dorling

Quote from: Duckman on November 20, 2013, 05:31:27 AM
I'm not a praying kind of person, but my thoughts and best wishes are with Jag and Justin.  Such horrible news guys, I hope you can find strength in the support of family, friends, God or whoever it is you lean on in times like these.

All the best guys.

Pretty much word for word what I was going to write. Hope things get better for you guys.

Jon Tees

My thoughts, prayers and heartfelt condolences go out to Jag, Justin P and their families.

Don't Fall For Cheap Imitations And Knock Offs We Are The National Wrestling Federation Period.
http://www.thenationalwrestlingfederation.com

! JDM The Professional !

I'm so sorry for both of your losses jag and justin. May they rest in peace and never forget if you guys ever need anything the EFK community is always here for you.

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

jagilki

To be honest and fair, I didn't need prayers in my direction, more so my cousins and their immediate families.