News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Prayer Thread

Started by J-Reb, November 16, 2013, 09:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

Thanks guys. We laid her to rest yesterday

Ty

If you guys can keep me in prayer. My wife's on mat leave right now and she took the chance to spend some time where she grew up. Her mom is really sick (late stage hep) and her grandmothers are both mid 90s with alziemers. Her and my son left on Tuesday, I'm going to be joining them for Christmas break but its still tough. The day she left is also when my life kinda turned into a huge shitstorm. I've done a lot of University courses here and there and college courses and I have never got below an 80 on anything except for the rare assignment that I just couldn't finish or didn't need to finish to get a great mark. I got a 60 on a well written assignment, I lost marks for a bunch of asinine reasons (including that the teacher didn't believe there were any people in Canada from Eritrea, history is important to understanding the trauma people carry with them as immigrants, and that countries are at war in north east Africa. I lost marks for 'making information up' despite sourcing it. I did a group project with two partners, we read the exact same script to the letter and they both got 98% and I got 75%. I wrote the damn script and ever person who applied it or modified it got at least an 85% except me (having the script was allowed for the assignment). My other instructor has yet to give a mark lower than 78% or higher than 88% to any person in his class despite each of my papers being without flaw. Me teachers (I have 3 between 10 classes) have taken marks off from me for using the wrong font (Century is an approved APA style font), for using the wrong size font (i pulled out a ruler and measured it to prove it as boring 12 pt) and for not having assignments properly formatted (of which, it was again). My college is expecting APA format and docking marks because I'm not using their interpretation of APA format (which changes from class to class). My teachers love me, I just don't understand. I'm pulling an 80% average despite putting tons of more work in then that, working, and caring for my son. My teachers can't answer why I'm getting shafted, they say they just have a higher expectation for me because I come from the field first and because I am 'talented'. Fuck that, I just want to get what I have done. I don't work a $15 an hour job, do the job to the best of my ability and only be paid $10 an hour before tax. It doesn't work like that, I don't understand why Im being shafted and they don't either. Add that to, a week and a half before the end of semester, my one instructor assigned us 6 assignments. She fell behind and we got screwed time-wise because of it. So, last day of class I had 9 assignments due, my wife was out of town long term (3 months) with my son, I start finals next week and practicum the week after.

Im stressed dude, really stressed. I'm starting to fall into a depressive place and I can't afford to go back there. I'm not going back there and I can't afford to go back there.

Hondo

I have a prayer request for my brother in law, he's had a history of heart trouble almost his whole life. Last night, he had a mild heart attack. Pray for his recovery and for his wife and children.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

Quote from: JackHondo on December 05, 2013, 03:13:37 PM
I have a prayer request for my brother in law, he's had a history of heart trouble almost his whole life. Last night, he had a mild heart attack. Pray for his recovery and for his wife and children.

Done.

J-Reb

Got some very discouraging news on my daughter to be (wife is 33 weeks preg. today).  Need a miracle.  Pray for us.  Thanks!

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on December 19, 2013, 09:42:39 PM
Got some very discouraging news on my daughter to be (wife is 33 weeks preg. today).  Need a miracle.  Pray for us.  Thanks!

Truly hope it all pulls through for you mate. In my thoughts.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Hondo

Absolutely will. God bless the little one... and God bless mommy and daddy too.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

Quote from: JackHondo on December 20, 2013, 07:11:40 AM
Absolutely will. God bless the little one... and God bless mommy and daddy too.

Ditto.

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Mike Powers

GM Franchise

My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Rebel Child

I might not be a pray-er

But good thoughts sent to you and yours J-Reb

J-Reb

Thanks all for your thoughts.

If you could, keep them going.  We have a pretty important appointment tomorrow morning.

Justin

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on January 02, 2014, 12:43:03 PM

If you could, keep them going.  We have a pretty important appointment tomorrow morning.

Gotcha covered.

Hondo

Quote from: Johnny Rebel on January 02, 2014, 12:43:03 PM

Absolutely will. God Bless all of you.