News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Prayer Thread

Started by J-Reb, November 16, 2013, 09:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Wrong

This thread makes me remember why this community is amazing.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: M.D.K. on January 02, 2014, 04:41:07 PM
This thread makes me remember why this community is amazing.

100 percent. Life without efk would suck.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Hondo

I could really use some prayers/good vibes, guys.

I've been under a lot of stress lately, mostly with work stuff, but other smaller things too. I went to the doctor today and they told me my blood pressure was off the charts, and if I don't get it under control, I am in high risk of a stroke or heart attack. I thought they were going to send me to the ER on the spot.

But anyway yeah, please remember me.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Justin

Quote from: JackHondo on January 24, 2014, 08:36:46 PM
I could really use some prayers/good vibes, guys.

I've been under a lot of stress lately, mostly with work stuff, but other smaller things too. I went to the doctor today and they told me my blood pressure was off the charts, and if I don't get it under control, I am in high risk of a stroke or heart attack. I thought they were going to send me to the ER on the spot.

But anyway yeah, please remember me.

I said one for you buddy.

Alex Smiley

Praying for all you guys. On my end, I could use some prayer for my mom. She's been dealing with some major health issues lately, mostly vision problems.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Ty

Keep me in prayer. In the day it took me to connect with my friends in china, I got ripped off twice and accidentally bought a hooker when I just wanted a massage. I'm out 300 dollars in a day, got lost in a huge city and am cpletely miserable.

I miss canada.

J-Reb

Quote from: The TyTy is here! on January 31, 2014, 04:55:58 PM
Keep me in prayer. In the day it took me to connect with my friends in china, I got ripped off twice and accidentally bought a hooker when I just wanted a massage. I'm out 300 dollars in a day, got lost in a huge city and am cpletely miserable.

I miss canada.

This is almost a movie script. Tom Hanks stars in "TyTy: Lost in the Wind."

Hope tomorrow is better!

Stoner

Not asking for a prayer, my stances on religion have been stated in the past and don't need repeating.  But.. Having a rough time.

For a few years I didn't exactly have what you would call a "place to live."  My mother lived somewhere in either Louisiana or Texas, and my dad was on coke and I left because I didn't want to be around it.  I mostly got around by staying with different friends for a day or two at a time.  It was on one of these stays that my friend's mother figured out what I was doing and told me to stay there with them. I finished the last three years of highschool in their home, as well as ended up staying for a couple years after that(after the Army released me), and her and her husband never asked me for a dime of payment in return.   This woman was a saint, and a mother to me when I didn't have one.

Wednesday night I said my final goodbyes to her as she passed away from cancer.  I didn't think I would take it as hard as I have, but its been a rough couple days.  I'm trying not to let the people in my day to day life see how hard its affecting me since I have something of a reputation of being able to handle emotional stuff when they need me to and the last thing I want is for them to see me actively being upset, and was going to keep it to myself even here until I saw this thread.

Like I said, I'm not asking for prayers(although if you did I wouldn't be offended).  Just wanted to get it off my chest, I guess.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Mike Powers

Hondo

Stones, you're like a brother to me. You know that. Hit me up if you need to talk.

And I'll definitely be praying for strength for you and keep you in my thoughts.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Dorling

Keep your chin up Stoney. Much like you I'm not a praying man but I wish the best for you and know from experience things get better.

GM Franchise

You're in my thoughts, Stoner.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

J-Reb

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Stoner.  I was just asking about you in the chat yesterday and if anybody had spoken to you in awhile... I wish I would have sent you a message sooner.

Don't hesitate to shout me a PM if you ever need a place to vent.  I know you've got people you're close to around here but that's what makes this community great - there is never a shortage of those who are willing to lend a listening ear.

Hondo

Additional prayers needed.

In addition to the high blood pressure, I've also got insanely high cholesterol. Plus the new meds I'm on are making me sick most of the time.

Adam Wrong

This is the only place I'd ever feel comfortable doing thing.

Pray for my best friend and his fiancee please. Jamie and
Sam. They just lost their baby at 37 weeks... If anybody needs a nice word said for them, it's them right now