News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Super6 - Info and Q&A

Started by Alex Smiley, November 06, 2018, 11:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

Hey everyone, just wanted to start off by saying thanks for your patience! Things got kinda crazy at home, so this got put on the back burner...but I'm happy to say we're cooking again now! So, here's the skinny:

This year's Extreme Tournament is a round-robin tournament, pitting 24 wrestlers in 6 groups against each other over the course of six weeks. Winning a match earns you 2 points, a draw gets 1 for each competitor, and a loss results in 0 points. The wrestler with the most points in each group at the end of the group stage will advance to the finals: an Elimination Chamber match where the last one standing is crowned the winner of the 2018 Extreme Tournament! Because of the new format this year, the True Expert Championship will NOT be on the line during the group stage; the champion is invited to join in the fun, though, and if he advances to the finals, the title WILL be on the line. Otherwise, it'll be for a future title shot.

To further explain the group stage: each week, three of the groups will have matches. Since it's a round robin, everyone in each group will wrestle each other once.

The updated schedule with finalized card can be found here: http://www.occupyprowrestling.com/boards/index.php?board=165.0

I'm still ironing out the details for the Finale, but rest assured it'll be a supercard with at least 2 weeks of RPing time.

And I'm gonna open this thread up for any questions you might have. I'll start with the one detail I left out of the write up:

"What's the word limit?"

After some discussion I've settled on 1500 words for the limit during the group stages!

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Russ

... 1500 is in the middle?

Also an ET without the title on the line? Whaaaaat?
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Alex Smiley

I can hang with 1500 as a happy medium, if that's cool with y'all. And yeah, I was trying to make this format work with having the title on the line...but the possibility that whoever was champ at the end of the group stage wouldn't be able to advance to the final kept rearing its ugly little head, so I went with this instead haha. It's a little weird, but also a nice change of pace.

Oh, and in keeping with Extreme Tournament tradition I'm trying to come up with a suitable stipulation for the group stage matches. Was thinking that a No DQ stip means there's still a way to explain a draw (double count out or time limit), but I'm open to suggestion!

Alex Smiley

That might be a little more difficult given the short notice, but it's certainly worth a look. I'll also divulge at this time a little tease of what I have in mind for The Experts going forward: less of a structured interfed and more along the lines of what's happening with the NWA at the moment. Making the top title a high priority and working with feds to promote matches for that title, kinda what we did with Pro Wrestling RAIDEN for example, and then inviting them to Experts shows like Extreme Tournament and Rival Factions. So yeah, talking to feds will be a big step in that direction!

Alex Smiley

I've updated the initial post with more accurate information where applicable.

Tritch

In character, what day will the shows be taking place?

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Tritch on November 27, 2018, 10:16:35 AM
In character, what day will the shows be taking place?

Given the presentation of the results, my ideal answer is "the weekend of" the deadline...but if you need a concrete date, it'll be the date of deadline.