ET2018: Super6 Hype/Love Thread

Started by Geordie, November 25, 2018, 08:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geordie

...Heh. Super6... Sounds like the preferred motel chain for wild nights within the Experts...  ;D :P

All jokes aside, we all know there's a ridiculous amount of talent in this tournament, and I might not have the characters to finish my RPs with if I go into detail with all of them here, so I'll just focus on my group, which I like to call Two And A Half True Experts, for now.

Jack, after all these years, you're still a standard-bearer in this game, and for good reason; in my years of writing, I don't know if I've quite seen the all-out consistency you possess from anyone else on a piece-to-piece basis, and we all know some incredibly gifted writers have played this game. I remember feeling like I didn't have much of a chance the only other time we matched up, and not much has changed since! ;D

Doug, one of the first guys who made me get better as a writer all those years ago, even before EWW SCW came to be in its heyday. I'm glad to have come back to SCW under yours and R2's guidance, because it truly did force me to get better (with Adam/MDK and crew getting some well-deserved credit as time progressed, as well.), so it will be fun to face you again after all this time.

Level-One, you bastard. In a field FULL of former True Experts, why'd you have to include ME, decidedly NOT a former True Expert, when demanding this insane-ass group on Twitter, you jerk? Cindy would have been a better choice!  >:( ... ;D ...But seriously, you know what I think of you, man. Another Canadian in this game, and a guy whose style went on to heavily influence my own as a roleplayer. Much like Jack and Doug, your track record speaks for itself; I rather vividly remember the two beatings I took from you in a past Extreme Tournament, so the prospect of a third matchup kinda scares me and excites me at the same time.

I'm familiar with most of you, and I've heard about the exploits of others whose paths I've yet to cross, but I'd say the one guarantee is that we'll be seeing some exceptional work across the board over the next 2-3 months.  :)

Quote[Today at 02:28:53 PM] Black Death: i thought  rettop had a raping promo
[Today at 02:28:55 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I know I did a snippet in a Rettop RP once, is that what you meant?
[Today at 02:28:59 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: ...
[Today at 02:29:02 PM] Black Death: yeah
[Today at 02:29:13 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I think EVERYONE is sigging that, BD

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Geordie on November 25, 2018, 08:39:28 PM
...Heh. Super6... Sounds like the preferred motel chain for wild nights within the Experts...  ;D :P

I may or may not have gotten the idea from the Premiere League stuff I've been keeping tabs on lol.

In theory, I love you all even if you're new to this whole Experts stuff. Unless you no-show without a good reason, then I shall unleash the fury of a thousand suns. Or something.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Kurt

Well, this is a blast from the past! Brings me back; been about 5 years since I retired!

It's good to see these up and running again. I have extremely fond memories of doing these with Jack, Doug, L1, and a bunch of the rest of you. Doing these Experts was definitely one of the highlights of my efedding career, and was one of the first grander stages I got to write on.

I'll be watching and waving from the sidelines!

Doug E Fresh

Totally attempted to recruit you for this on twitter LOL

Doug E Fresh

I have all the love. So much that I can't type it singularly. I can't wait to read what everyone put out there this week!

But L1, my dude, you dabomb.com

Level-One

Thank you Doug, I luv u 2!

All the banter aside (and for what's to come!); it's going to be a great pleasure of mine to face the three of you throughout these weeks, especially when you consider how many years in the making this all is (spec. Jack and Doug).

It's amazing how many years this tournament continues on and the participants it attracts both old and new.

EDIT- Kurt Noble!!!! Great to see you around man!

Kid Dynamo

If I'm being honest, I joined this tournament because I saw Level-One's name attached to it.

APW around 2011 was the shizzle and Kid Dynamo vs Level-One was a big match in my personal history because I'd been in a Fed bubble for so long and this was my first time in years branching out and trying to prove myself to a new Circle, and even though I lost, the match was written to where L1 gave Dynamo a handshake after and it was that "you're one of us, Kid" moment.

Hoping me both make it to the finals so I can get that rematch. 😉

Geordie

Quote from: Jack on December 01, 2018, 08:22:44 PM
Ace! Is great to see you still at it! Was always a fan of AC Thunder so excited to see what you bring as Ace King. You were also La Hermega Verda right? Or am I mistaken? Haha, we need a directory of all the characters people play.

Anyways, I'm glad to see you as part of the Experts. You always do such great work and I think of you a bit as the 'sleeper' (if there is such a thing in our group) of this group. Honored to get to play this game with you again buddy. More to come I'm sure!

And Kurt Noble! Just come back already would you? Geeze!
I was not La Hermega Verda, nope.

Also... did anybody happen to fill that TBA spot for next week? Looks Noble's way...

Quote[Today at 02:28:53 PM] Black Death: i thought  rettop had a raping promo
[Today at 02:28:55 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I know I did a snippet in a Rettop RP once, is that what you meant?
[Today at 02:28:59 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: ...
[Today at 02:29:02 PM] Black Death: yeah
[Today at 02:29:13 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I think EVERYONE is sigging that, BD

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Jack on December 01, 2018, 08:22:44 PM
Ace! Is great to see you still at it! Was always a fan of AC Thunder so excited to see what you bring as Ace King. You were also La Hermega Verda right? Or am I mistaken? Haha, we need a directory of all the characters people play.

Anyways, I'm glad to see you as part of the Experts. You always do such great work and I think of you a bit as the 'sleeper' (if there is such a thing in our group) of this group. Honored to get to play this game with you again buddy. More to come I'm sure!

And Kurt Noble! Just come back already would you? Geeze!

I missed the question regarding LHV the first time. Funny enough, I do know who the handler is...and now I know who else to harass about hanging out with us lol

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Hyde

Last tournament I was in was back in 2005, I think. (XNET was still a thing).

Looking forward to it. Good luck to all!

Mark Mania

I've got to say, we're only a week into this thing and I'm already having a blast. A lot of great RP's out there, and now Russ getting us started off with a BANG for week 2. Can't wait.

Russ

Quote from: Mark Mania on December 03, 2018, 10:07:48 AM
I've got to say, we're only a week into this thing and I'm already having a blast. A lot of great RP's out there, and now Russ getting us started off with a BANG for week 2. Can't wait.

Thanks!

Not gonna do individual hype/love as Christ I'd be here all day running two. Safe to say it's great to come up against some new faces I've never seen before, and even better to have one more match with some old friends! Looking forward to the tournament overall - so far so good, excited to see how the results play out!
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

LHV

Hey it's me, I got harassed and forced to be here.

I've not done this in forever but I definitely can't wait to give it another go, and had an itch to try writing for Verde again recently so the Discord message came at just the right time. A bit impromptu, but still, definitely right time. I'm surprised that there's names that are in this that I can actually recognise too, both in terms of characters and actual members, and I didn't even pay much attention when I was active so that's rad as hell. Sorry to whoever who unfortunate soul was who voted for the TBA option on the poll before it was revealed to just be me, I'll do my best for you. Everyone else... you picked wiser.

Russ

As always Cindy is one of my absolute favourites to come up against. A powerhouse of the game, it's been a pleasure however this goes, a lot of the role-play was really just me speaking to you via some characters haha.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Rebel Child

Quote from: Russ on January 16, 2019, 01:54:00 PM
As always Cindy is one of my absolute favourites to come up against. A powerhouse of the game, it's been a pleasure however this goes, a lot of the role-play was really just me speaking to you via some characters haha.

I love you Russtifer...

And you made me cry like a little baby reading that roleplay.

as always, it's a pleasure... Now I'm going to be all sniffly until I can write mine.

<3

Ps.

Poh Tay Toh Salad.

I'll do another one of these after my post..

Gah weepy