Jack Benevolence vs Ace King

Started by Alex Smiley, November 25, 2018, 09:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

Reminder:

- Word limit for Group Stage matches is 1500.
- 1 RP per wrestler per match.
- Deadline: December 2, 2018, at 11:59PM Pacific.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Geordie

There's no place like home... There's no place like home...

No ruby slippers clicking together here; instead? The thud of a duffel bag against the cold laminate floor as Ace King, sunken eyes staring blankly ahead, trudges into his apartment in the dead of night. The longtime EWC United States Champion may have survived a 2 out of 3 Falls match with fellow Extreme Tournament competitor Robina Hood in Shanghai less than 24 hours ago, but the ensuing 16 hours of flights only compounded his ailments.

Nevertheless, he's back in familiar confines after a couple weeks of globetrotting, though he now faces quite the Extreme Tournament initiation: The current True Expert, Jack Benevolence. Jack informally introduced himself through a laughable bribe on Twitter; smaller men would take it, but not Ace, a proud fighter looking to rediscover the hardcore tendencies that got him his big break years ago.

For all the paper advantages Jack possesses, Ace has one up his sleeve: They're fighting in his hometown, on his turf. Ace may be new to the Experts, but defying the odds is nothing new for 'The Gambler'. Therefore, while sleep is in the cards, there's no rest for the wicked.

He gingerly removes his clothes and crawls into bed; as he drifts off, one thought permeates his mind with such a monumental challenge on the horizon: There's no place like home...

13 HOURS LATER

"Wake up."

John Martin, Ace's longtime confidant and head trainer for Ace's wrestling school, King's Court, tries to shake 'The Gambler' out of his slumber. However, it's proving to be more challenging than he anticipated.

"No time to waste, you're late enough as it is," he mutters to himself, prodding at the slowly-stirring Ace. John looks at the bedside table; there's a glass of water there. A devious smile crosses John's face as he looks at the water glass, then at Ace. John quietly grabs the glass from the table, then slowly pulls it back before firing it forward, immediately jolting 'The Gambler' awake.

"JESUS!" he exclaims, slowly coming to his senses. "What was THAT for?"

"The other dwarves left Dopey behind," John counters, rolling his eyes. "Hurry up, or you'll be late."

Still rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Ace offers his dear friend a confused look before looking at his phone; his eyes go wide as he realizes he's way overshot his nap time, allowing the Sun to rise and fall without him seeing it. Add a dozen missed calls to the equation, and Ace starts processing the urgency.

"But I-"

"Your bag's ready, and you won't have time to shower. Hence the water," John interjects, an eyebrow raised. "Seriously, pick it up!"

"Hang on!"

"What?" John asks, an exasperated tone to his words. Taken aback, Ace briefly abandons his train of thought before the light bulb comes back on.

"When did you get a key to my place?" he asks his friend, who's unmoved by the question.

"Whenever you asked me to check on things while you were gone," John shoots back, shaking his head as he pulls Ace out of bed. "Throw some sweats on, the guys are there already."

Ace swings his legs around, just awake enough to dress himself and follow John out of his apartment. There's apprehension on King's face; the normally meticulous preparation isn't there, so he doesn't have his usual confidence... But would he be really be a Gambler without taking risks?

An elevator takes them to the underground garage, where Ace's black BMW i3 is in plain sight. The tension in Ace's body releases as he starts the engine; it's a short drive to the VWF Colosseum, but it's a road he knows well.

Before long, the two friends cruise down the Las Vegas Strip; John remains silent in the passenger's seat as Ace drives.

"You sure you want this?" he asks pensively. The question's barely out before Ace's eyes narrow.

"I wouldn't do this if I didn't believe," he states firmly. "I know what I'm facing. Hell, I've beaten a former True Expert recently, but there's more to it."

"Like what?" John retorts, firing up his phone to stream.

"Reverence," Ace admits. "I've heard how AC, Georgie and others talk about the Experts; Vannah, too. It's special, and I'd regret not trying."

John simply nods as a few fans cheer, immediately recognizing their hometown hero.

"They're excited," he remarks, sticking the phone in Ace's face. "Anything to add?"

Ace thinks for a moment, then smirks widely as he softly whistles Chubby Checker's 'Limbo Rock' while staying focused on the road.

"Jack be nimble, Jack be quick. Jack thinks he's the measuring stick," he sings almost whimsically as he turns a corner, more people recognizing him. However, his tone quickly becomes much more serious.

"You wanna know what I see, though, Jack?" he asks in an almost prodding tone. "A man whose benevolence doesn't extend beyond his own nose, a man who puts up this front of invincibility... and a man who has no idea how close he is to having his circle of life end."

Ace's deadpan delivery is in stark contrast to the people on the sidewalk, many of whom Ace has drowned out as he drives.

"I may not have Experts experience, but that doesn't mean I don't know extreme, or how prestigious this stage is," he explains, an inkling of intensity percolating in his words. "I'm well aware of your True Expert status... and I also know how precarious your perch is, even if you don't."

Ace takes a breath as he slows to a stop at the red light; he raises an eyebrow as he hears the devout local fans shouting encouragement in the distance.

"One loss, and your Super Six chance is shot," he continues as the light turns green. "Things like these always have their favourites, and whoever comes from this group Level-One demanded deserves to be in the conversation. However, every so often, a name rises from the unknown to stun the world; God knows it's happened in the Experts enough. Off the top of my head, Hannibal Cage... Kurt Noble... Jack Benevolence."

As his opponent's name escapes his lips, it's as if time stands still for a moment; a chill runs through Ace's body as he shakes himself off before refocusing on the road.

"Don't think I don't know where you came from, Jack," he says with a wry smile. "Yes, you were once the peasant you thumb your nose at today. Not many gave you a second thought... That is, until you hit the ring."

Ace gently bites his tongue to keep from getting too excited, a devilish twinkle in his eye.

"Have you done damage? Sure. Game speaks," he acknowledges, his impish grin somehow widening. "Here's the thing, though: If you did it... What's stopping me?"

John raises an eyebrow at his longtime friend's rare display of confidence.

"Will it really be you?" he asks, the serious side taking over. "You, the guy who only competes for fame and fortune? You, a certifiable Jackoff to anyone who won't bend to your will?"

Ace is expressionless as he focuses on the road, seeing the VWF Colosseum in the distance.

"You don't get it," he continues, bitterness apparent in his words. "Sure, you have money, power, and anything material you want on a whim... But why are you here? To prove you're still the man? Or are you trying to convince yourself? If it's the latter, you're in too deep, and your True Expert Championship will become a paperweight."

Ace slowly rolls his head on his neck, remaining locked in on the road ahead.

"See, passion for this business can't be bought. The drive to succeed here CAN'T BE BOUGHT," he bellows, his intensity boiling over. "...But above all else, I cannot be bought."

Ace pauses to breathe, a full-on scowl on his face as they turn into the VWF Colosseum parking lot.

"I never considered your bribe," he spits, disgust evident in every syllable. "Your path is paved in gold, but you're as yellow as it gets. I've bled for this business for 15 years, Jack. Money doesn't define me, and it never will. I've always taken risks; with such high stakes, and ESPECIALLY in my hometown... I have no choice but to bet on myself."

Ace quickly parks, the rabid fans lining the wrestlers' entrance frenzied as they see their city's very own emerge.

"I'm no walkover, Jack," he exclaims boldly. "I'm not here to place; I'm here to fight. Don't believe me? Ask Legion; he knows. He's experienced it first-hand, and you will too, because I won't stop until the Once and Future King falls. Bet On It."

As he walks toward the building, he conducts the fans as Ray Charles croons in the background...

Hit the road, Jack, and don't you come back no more, no more, NO MORE, NO MORE
Hit the road, Jack, and don't you come back no more...

Quote[Today at 02:28:53 PM] Black Death: i thought  rettop had a raping promo
[Today at 02:28:55 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I know I did a snippet in a Rettop RP once, is that what you meant?
[Today at 02:28:59 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: ...
[Today at 02:29:02 PM] Black Death: yeah
[Today at 02:29:13 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I think EVERYONE is sigging that, BD