News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Super6 - Group Stage Week 2 (RESULTS)

Started by Alex Smiley, December 12, 2018, 07:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

[Play.]

[Cut to footage of the twenty-four competitors in this year's Extreme Tournament, as a young woman speaks in voiceover.]

Six weeks, six groups, and only six will advance for the right to be crowned the winner...

[Cut to a studio set, where we are once again greeted by the smiling face of one Kyle Bacon.]

Kyle Bacon: Hello fans, and welcome back to our coverage of the 2018 Extreme Tournament! Last week kicked the tournament off with some exciting action, and this week will not only see us with plenty more of that from the groups competing in London, Toronto, and Tokyo, but some fallout from last week's events!

Kyle Bacon: Up first, we head to Toronto as James Raven takes on Daryl Prichard!

James Raven vs Daryl Prichard

[The man who dominated EMF for eight months, Daryl Prichard, admittedly had a rough going in this match, perhaps underestimating what the Experts stalwart James Raven was capable of. As the bell rings, Raven quickly gets the upper hand on Prichard with some quick impact moves before hitting a dropkick that sends Prichard into the corner. Raven follows up with some technical prowess, eventually setting the Spiderking up for the Ravenlock! That modified D'Arce Choke is enough to get the job done, and Prichard is fading fast...the ref raises his hand once, and it drops down. Twice, and the same result...the third time's a charm, and the ref calls for the bell!]

Winner via submission (3:59): James Raven

[The ref checks on Prichard before raising Raven's hand in victory, as we cut to break.]

[The scene cuts to backstage, opening on the face of 'The S-Factor' Scorpio. He is strutting through the corridors, his high-heeled boots clicking loudly as he strolls. He rounds a corner and looks over his shoulder, ensuring nobody is following him, before opening a door and slinking inside. Scorpio smiles to himself and gives a curt nod in greeting as the camera pans around, showing Georgie Nickles sat on a table waiting for him. The crowd cheer loudly for the pair.]

Georgie Nickles: Did anyone see you come here?

Scorpio: ... not sure, I don't think so.

Georgie Nickles: Sweet.

[Both of them look towards the door, listening out for any activity behind it, before they seem to be happy nobody is hunting them down. Scorpio slumps down onto a chair, swinging his feet up onto the table as Nickles raises an eyebrow, mouthing 'ouch' at the height and sharpness of the heels.]

Scorpio: Who'd have thought it eh? The Queen of the Desert and The Rebel Child skulking off into side-rooms to have hushed debates. Practically impossible back in the day...

Georgie Nickles: Yeah well this isn't back in the day, is it? This is 2018, and some utter assholes have their hands all over The Experts, even the bitterest of rivals become the best of friends. I've heard they're planning an attack... tonight.

[Scorpio half-heartedly raises his eyebrows in a 'what did you expect?' kind of fashion, before bringing his feet back down again and leaning forward.]

Georgie Nickles: Crowne, Dahl, and Legion have been seen at an airport in California... heading for a flight. We can only presume they're London-bound. The fuckers will do whatever they can to make sure the One Ring Circus goes nowhere near that Elimination Chamber... we need to have one another's backs.

Scorpio: Has anyone seen them in London?

Georgie Nickles: Not yet... but I'm taking no chances tonight.

[The S-Factor nods along and gets to his feet, sighing loudly. He places his hands on his hips and there is a brief silence, before he looks up and locks eyes with his old rival.]

Scorpio: However this pans out, I'm not letting either of us go out at the hands of The Eternal Circle.

[Nickles offers a half-smile]

Georgie Nickles: ... me neither.

[She offers a hand, which Scorpio shakes emphatically. The camera rests on the two foes locked hand-in-hand, ready to defend themselves against the power behind the throne...]

[Cut to Kyle Bacon in the studio.]

Kyle Bacon: James Raven picks up a solid victory to lead his group with two points! During the break I was given an update on the condition of Adrianna Wilde. It seems she did in fact suffer a concussion after what went down last week, but against doctor's orders has assured us that she is fit to continue. We will continue to keep you posted with any updates we have, but for now it seems she will be able to face off against Robina Hood next week when we return to group stage action in Chicago! Up next, we head to London as Scorpio takes on Artemis Kaiser in a battle between the People's Camp and the 4CW World Champ!

Scorpio vs Artemis Kaiser

[The match starts with Artemis and Scorpio feeling each other out. A few headlocks, Irish whips, and trading barbs in the corner, Scorpio gets the early advantage. After a hip toss that sends Artemis flying Scorpio gets to the top rope for the first time. He hits a huge arcing moonsault and lands perfectly on top of Artemis.]

ONE! TWO! NO!

[Artemis kicks out to Scorpio's amazement, and the Last Empress starts to let some of that MMA training shine as she lands some hard kicks on Scorpio, before taking him down with a judo throw. The 4CW World Champ waits for Scorpio to get to his feet—HAND OF GOD! Kaiser just knocked Scorpio out with that Superman Punch, but she's not done yet as she sends him to the corner—HATE PARADE! She's unleashing hell on the People's Camp with those elbow strikes, and is setting up for the chops when Scorpio blocks it! Scorpio jumps back onto the top rope, but this time Artemis is right behind him and knocks him off the top and he falls to a sitting position. Artemis methodically makes her way up the ropes and hits a suplex off the top rope! She rolls on top of Scorpio for a pin.]

ONE, TWO, KICK OUT!

[After this exchange Scorpio and Artemis continue to trade blows. Scorpio's technical prowess being countered by Artemis' defensive strategy. The action soon spills out of the ring, where Kaiser's mean streak really starts to reveal itself. Realizing the need to end this match and earn the two points, Kaiser starts to let some of that hardcore style slip out as she sends the S-Factor into the steel steps! Scorpio crashes with a thud as Kaiser starts looking under the ring...pulling out a kendo stick! Kaiser has a look of bad intentions as we hear the ref counting.]

ONE...TWO...

[Kaiser has a wicked smirk on her face as she takes a swing at Scorpio, landing a kendo shot right on the head! She follows up with more kendo shots to the body of Scorpio as the ref continues the count.]

THREE...FOUR...

[Kaiser drops the kendo stick, picking Scorpio up before whipping him over the barricade. Picking up the kendo stick with another smirk on her face, Kaiser follows the S-Factor out into the crowd.]

FIVE...SIX...

[Paying no mind to the ref's count at this point, Kaiser raises the kendo stick once more—GLITTERAZI! Scorpio just rocked the Last Empress with a lariat from out of nowhere!]

SEVEN...

[Scorpio realizes the window for a clear victory is sliding itself close, and starts to head for the ring when he's stopped by Kaiser—FIRST CRUSADE! Kaiser just turned the People's Camp around, nailing him with a rolling elbow! She sets him back on his feet—SECOND CRUSADE! She just hit a Ripcord into an elbow smash, her eyes filled with rage as she sets him back up—THIRD CRUSADE! She locked in an inverted headlock before driving that elbow to the head of Scorpio!]

EIGHT...NINE...TEN!

[The ref calls for the bell, but Kaiser is clearly on a mission to unleash the rest of The Crusades on Scorpio! FOURTH CRUSADE! Kaiser with that shadow elbow, quickly following with a stomp to the back of the head—FIFTH CRUSADE! Kaiser's work is seemingly finished as the officials run in to stop the violence from continuing, holding her back as Scorpio slowly begins to stir. Much to the surprise of Kaiser, and indeed the crowd as a whole, the S-Factor slowly makes it back to his feet! He's actually taunting the Last Empress now, asking if that's all she's got! This infuriates Kaiser, but the officials and security do all they can to break things up as we cut to break...]

Decision: Double Count Out (Draw)

[Backstage, Russell White and Jack Benevolence are seen speaking with the timekeeper from the last set of matches in the Extreme Tournament.]

Russell White: I believe this is fair.

[White hands the envelope over to the timekeeper, who opens it with a look of disappointment before hiding its contents.]

Timekeeper: This is less than half of what you promised? You said there would be a lot more.

[Benevolence interrupts him with an angry look on his face.]

Jack Benevolence: Well I left that match with less than half the points I should have. You're lucky you got that much.

Timekeeper: Hey, man. I risked a lot ringing that bell when I did. It's very likely someone could have noticed I ended that match three minutes early to save you!

[White chimes in, raising a hand to silence the timekeeper.]

Russell White: Drop it. That's a nice pay day for someone who just had to hit a bell with a tiny hammer.

Timekeeper: Look...I put my career on the line. My livelihood. I've done this for you twice now...

[White is about to say something before Benevolence grabs the timekeepers collar and shoves him against the wall, yelling at him.]

Jack Benevolence: And you're going to keep doing it! Because if you tell anyone about this arrangement, everyone will just roll their eyes at more of my...shenanigans...but YOU...you will lose your job...you will be a disgrace and you will never find work again...so you take whatever quarters and nickels we left for you in that little envelope and go buy a Happy Meal for your broke family to share...because I want you fueled up for the next round and ready to do whatever it is we want you to do again...or I will ruin you...trust me when I say there is a line of people around the block who would kill for a chance to take a bribe from me. You're replaceable...and I will buy every single person in this company if I have to. Do you understand?

[The timekeeper timidly nods his head. Benevolence lets him go with a crooked smiley, gently brushing out the wrinkles he's caused in the timekeeper's shirt.]

Jack Benevolence: Good. Because I'm going to need you to be ready again next time. Got it?

[The timekeeper timidly nods again.]

Jack Benevolence: Great. Because I will not leave this tournament with a loss. Not to Fresh. Not to One. Not to anybody.

[Benevolence starts walking away, as White grabs the envelope out of the timekeeper's hands, reaches in, grabs a few bills out, and hands it back.]

Russell White: That's for the trouble you just caused me!

[With that, White leaves to join his client.]

[Cut back to Kyle Bacon in the studio.]

Kyle Bacon: In a surprising turn of events, Scorpio and Artemis Kaiser end things on a double count-out meaning they each earn a point...but I think the bigger story here is the undercurrent of violence hiding within both these competitors, drawn out by the environment they find themselves in! Up next, we head to the land of the rising sun as former TFWF competitors collide in Tokyo! It's MDK taking on the lovable La Hormiga Verde!

MDK vs La Hormiga Verde

[The match begins with the two locking up and MDK immediately over-powers LHV, throwing him to the floor. The early portion of the match sees the Experts staple over-powering Verde, tossing him throughout the ring, often slamming him into the turnbuckles or crashing him down with a heavy suplex. At one point it seems that MDK may have scored an early victory with a ChimeraPlex, however Verde gets the shoulder up to big cheers from the Japanese crowd. MDK sneers and goes for a big lariat, trying to send Verde up and over the top – however this is the point where the match turns!]

[Verde manages to dodge it and MDK gets caught up in the ropes, leaving him open to a schoolboy roll-up where LHV almost scores the win. Verde begins to take control with an exciting flurry of chops, kicks, and elbows, before he wrenches MDK into a wristlock and kicks at his face. After some more dominance from the Ant he sets up for the United States of Smash, however as he swings the fist MDK catches it and shoves Verde back, crashing him into the turnbuckle. MDK's enraged and begins to beat down on LHV against the corner, bringing some punishing elbows down on him, before he rips Verde out and catches him – right into the Hellshot! That STO should do it as MDK goes for the cover!]

ONE! TWO! THREE!

Winner via pinfall (16:19): MDK

[MDK smirks as the ref raises his hand in victory, looking ready to take this tournament by storm as we cut to break.]

[Back from break, we cut to Kyle Bacon in the studio once again.]

Kyle Bacon: MDK picks up a win in Tokyo over La Hormiga Verde, who showed plenty of heart in his first match in years. With the group in Tokyo getting their early leader, we go back to Toronto where Rayne Young takes on Lisa Seldon!

Rayne Young vs Lisa Seldon

[Perhaps there was something in the water in Toronto, because Rayne Young seemed to have an off night as well...something Lisa Seldon was able to take advantage of early on! Unleashing a flurry of kicks against the Enigma, Seldon manages to stay on the offensive as much as possible to the point of nailing Rayne's head to the canvas with The Evil Dead! Rayne starts to get back up, but is caught on all fours with the Man Opener by Seldon, who goes for the cover!]

ONE! TWO! THREE!

Winner via pinfall (2:22): Lisa Seldon

[The ref raises Lisa's hand in victory before checking on Rayne, as we cut to break.]

[The Professor, Doug E. Fresh stands before us without his shirt on. With his body turned to the side, we see he's wearing bandages with ice over his back from the vicious chair shots from Level-One in the last week of the group stages.]

Doug E Fresh: I'm battered. Clearly I'm bruised. But this old body isn't broken. Professionals don't worry about the negatives unless they lose. I didn't lose."

[He grabs a glass from off camera that has presumably scotch in it.]

Doug E Fresh: Unfortunately, I didn't win. However, as it customary with most people who travel to Las Vegas, no one won. It's as if nothing has changed. That must have left our brass with the Experts pretty upset.

[Doug stops for a minute to take a drink.]

Doug E Fresh: I'm absolutely certain they were hoping for me to lose. Just look at the promotion of everything. Lester and I should have been the main event, two former True Experts doing battle, a once in a lifetime affair! But no, they had to put Jackie at the end of the show. You'd think the next rematch between he and I would be the last match of our group. But no, it's next week. You'd think I'd get my rematch for the championship that I never received...but no. All I get is a 4th date in my career with the Benevolent one. While so be it. My only recourse will be to ensure that the Experts are once again denied the result they desire. I'll see you next week here in Vegas, Jackie boy.

[After finishing the scotch, Doug throws the glass behind him and walks off as we cut back to Kyle Bacon in the studio.]

Kyle Bacon: Doug E Fresh has made it known that he's looking for a measure of revenge against the man that took the True Expert Championship away from him back at the Invitational! We'll see how things go when that big rematch goes down in Vegas, but up next we head back to London where the rising star Nariko Inazuma takes on a former True Expert and Extreme Tournament winner in the Rebel Child, Georgie Nickles!

Nariko Inazuma vs Georgie Nickles

[As the match begins the two women circle one another and lock up, flipping through a fast-flying array of locks, flips, strikes, and attempted pinning combinations before they end up on opposing sides of the ring. The crowd go wild for their acrobatics as they run at each other, Nickles going for a flying elbow whilst Inazuma attempts a dropkick – the combination of the two leads to both wrestlers laid out! They slowly get to their feet and it's Inazuma who comes out first, landing a dropkick, before knocking Nickles for six with a hard roundhouse. As Inazuma runs for the ropes and comes off with a springboard crossbody the experience Nickles has shows, as she catches the newcomer, going for a rare power move with a backbreaker followed by a scoop slam. She then lands a hard elbow onto Inazuma, dragging her up and whipping her into the ropes, before she catches Inazuma's arms and slams her down with the Rebel Yell! Georgie goes for the cover!]

ONE! TWO! TH—NO!

[Scoring a two-count Inazuma gets the shoulder up, and as Nickles heads for the top rope for a Carpe Diem, Inazuma struggles up. Nickles leaps and Inazuma dodges it, sending Nickles crashing to the mat. Nickles rolls off to the side, leaving the ring, and Inazuma spots an opportunity for some high flying prowess. Inazuma climbs to the top rope, and as Nickles gets to her feet she leaps, trying for a variant on Os Arco-íris Gêmeos de Nariko, her famous reverse hurricanrana! Both women crash down, however the big move takes it out of them both, and as the referee counts to ten it's apparent neither can bring themselves back into it. Finally the 10-count is reached... and it's a draw!]

Decision: Double KO (Draw)

[The crowd is on their feet for the effort that both women put on display tonight, as they finally manage to stand back up before shaking each other's hand, a strong sign of sportsmanship...]

[We go backstage where Mark Mania is walking through the halls. He stops a security guard.]

Mark Mania: Hey, have you seen Smitty?

Guard: No sir, haven't seen him yet.

[Mark walks off angrily, screaming Smitty's name.]

Mark Mania: Hey cousin, where are you? We've got to talk!

[Mark sees two young women with headsets on.

Mark Mania: Where's Smitty?

[The women look at Mark, not understanding.]

Mark Mania: Do you speak English? Where is Smitty?

[The women both shake their head no vigorously.]

Mark Mania: Ah fuck it! I'll just buy a ticket, go down to ringside and meet him in there.

[Mark keeps walking down the hall, passing by one of the public restrooms when he hears a loud laugh. Confused, Mark steps inside...where he sees a man taking photos of toilets for some odd reason. He shouts to get the man's attention...and it's Sonic Boom!

Mark Mania: Wait, what the hell are you doing here?

[Boom stutters and stammers, unable to get out a coherent word. Mark doesn't wait around and hits him over the head with his forearm. Boom goes down hard as Mark continues to pummel him with repeated kicks. Finally a few security guards come to pull Mark off of the injured, pathetic Boom. The guards look down and see who it is.]

Guard: What are you doing here! You know you're never welcome anywhere near an Experts event again!

[Two of the guards go to lift Boom up, pulling him away as he starts yelling incoherently about being the owner of BCW. Mark looks on incessantly asking the guards where Smitty is.]

Guard: I'm sorry sir, you have to leave as well.

Mark Mania: It's fine, I'll just get a ticket.

Guard: That's not going to be possible. You've got to exit the arena.

[Mark looks pissed as the guards walk him out. One of the guards notices us, shoving the camera out of the way as we notice the TitanCorp emblem on his shirt.]

[Cut back to Kyle Bacon in the studio.]

Kyle Bacon: The young rookie and the veteran each draw a point in the tournament, and the respect of each other in the process! Up next is our main event, as we head back to Tokyo once more to watch as the former Experts GM takes on the first-ever True Expert for the first time in their illustrious careers!

Michael Thunder vs Smitty

[The crowd doesn't stop cheering for a long time after seeing these two legends work their way into the middle of the ring to face off. Smitty gets worked over early as his ring rust is apparent. After Thunder controls the offense he makes a misstep and Smitty capitalizing with some veteran grit and catches Thunder in a fisherman's suplex. The crowd roars upon seeing it. Smitty holds for a pin.]

ONE, TWO, KICK OUT!

[Smitty seems incensed. Seems a lot has changed since his last match. Michael Thunder takes advantage of Smitty's anger and rolls him up for a pin that Smitty quickly pops out of. Thunder is up right behind him though and grabs him by the stomach and hits a belly to belly suplex. Both men seem to be low on steam but Smitty gets up first and tries to hit a famouser on Thunder who ducks out of the way, chops Smitty to the chest and attempts the Thunderstruck but Smitty counters and Thunder can't pull him down. Smitty grabs Thunders legs and launches him into the ropes but Michael catches himself on the middle rope and spins around to hit Smitty with a cross body. He lands and Smitty and pins.]

ONE, TWO, KICK OUT!

[The chants of "THIS IS AWESOME" continue as both men lay on their back and the ref starts to count. He gets to six before both men are able to make it to their feet. After trading chest chops, Thunder gets the advantage and is able to work over Smitty, catching the former True Expert by surprise—THUNDERSTRUCK! Thunder's got that cross armbreaker locked in, and Smitty's writhing in pain...seeing nowhere to go that could give him the leverage to break the hold, Smitty is forced to tap!]

Winner via submission (19:49): Michael Thunder

[Thunder breaks the hold, getting back to his feet as the ref raises his hand in victory. Smitty manages to stand up as well, and after a moment the two Experts legends shake hands in a sign of respect as we cut back to Kyle Bacon in the studio.]

Kyle Bacon: And what an amazing main event it was, with Michael Thunder just managing to pull off the big win over the first-ever Extreme Tournament winner!

[The screen changes to reflect the standings for Week 2.]

Kyle Bacon: With that, the group in London is all tied up at one point a person while Lisa Seldon and James Raven are the clear leaders in Toronto, and MDK and Michael Thunder take the lead in Tokyo. It is still anyone's game at this point in the tournament, and next week we head back to the States for more exciting action in the group stages! Till next time, this is Kyle Ba—

[Our scene opens backstage in Tokyo as 'The Living Legend' Michael Thunder walks back from his match, wiping some sweat from his forehead, and stretching out an aching right arm. As he rounds the corner he looks alarmed, raising his fists as a group approaches – however he takes a deep breath and a slight smile creeps over his face as he realizes it isn't an attack, but instead some fans and members of the press.]

Michael Thunder: Guys! Gimme fifteen minutes to relax and shower... that match took it outta me—

[Before he can finish three of the 'fans' take off their baseball caps, and can easily be recognized as Legion, Thomas Crowne, and Vagn Dahl – three of The Eternal Circle! Thunder's eyes go wild and he wastes no time in swinging a closed fist at Legion, connecting square in his jaw, before he's set upon by Dahl and Crowne. They rain down fists, elbows, knees, and headbutts, before Legion re-joins the fight holding a folded-up chair. He swings it with malice, cracking it down on The Boss' head repeatedly, Thunder's fight-back becoming less and less ferocious with each strike. Thunder ends up on his knees as Dahl and Crowne each hold his arms out, stopping him from being able to defend himself as Legion opens the chair up and places it over Thunder's head. He crouches down in front of The Living Legend with a smirk.]

Legion: Consider this a warning... get anywhere near the Elimination Chamber... and next time you're jumped you won't have the good fortune of waking up again...

[He leaps up, kicking Thunder's head and bringing it crashing down onto metal chair. Thunder's neck twists viciously and he's laid out face-first on the ground, the chair crumpled by his side, as The Eternal Circle laugh to themselves. All three head off leaving Thunder laid out as the scene fades...]

KUDOS:
- Russ and Mark Mania for pitching in with match summaries
- Doug, Russ, Jack, and Mania for the segments
- All y'all for RPing and being patient in waiting for results lol

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.