Michael Thunder vs MDK

Started by Alex Smiley, December 17, 2018, 01:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

Reminder:

- Word limit for Group Stage matches is 1500.
- 1 RP per wrestler per match.
- Deadline: December 30, 2018, at 11:59PM Pacific.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Russ

Full Circle

"Hold tight Mr Thunder-san, we need to keep your neck still..."

Pain, searing and ripping, through his neck, up into his head, down through both shoulders.
The rough cutting plastic of a collar keeping his head rigidly in place.
The sirens of the ambulance rushing him to the nearest hospital.
The wails and beeps of the monitors, the hushed discussions of the medical staff.
The claustrophobic whir of the MRI scanner, the clunks of the machine as it assessed his fate.

"You're clear, sir. No fracture, no spinal damage, no ligament damage. Some physiotherapy and pain relief, you'll be back in there."

The sheer, unadulterated joy of being able to sit up.
The ache of the pain coming back as he moves his head – we're not quite there yet.
The sickening grin of the Experts intern standing in front of him.

"So just a bruised ego then, eh?" comes the attempted friendly quip.
"Fuck off and go fuck yourself while you're at it, eh?" comes the retort.

"Mr Thunder! Mr Thunder! Can we grab a few words?"

Our scene opens outside a hospital in Barcelona, Spain, as many of the members of wrestling's press are stood outside with cameras and microphones. 'The Living Legend' Michael Thunder has just stepped out, dark glasses covering his eyes and a baseball cap covering his head, in an attempt at an incognito visit to the injured Georgie Nickles. Thunder gives a slight sneer at being recognised, before removing the cap and glasses. In doing so it becomes more obvious that he has some extensive bruising up the left side of his neck, however he does not seem to be in much pain. Thunder casts a gaze over the assembled journalists before sighing.

Journalist: "How's Nickles getting on?"

Michael Thunder: "I'd prefer to leave reports of Rebel Child's health up to her. Mostly 'cause ya know as well as I do she'd beat the shit outta me if I did it wrong."

He offers a slight smile before nodding his head and starts to step away, however another journalist steps forward.

Journalist: "And your own injury?"

Unconsciously Thunder runs a hand over the bruised area of his neck and slightly flexes it. He takes a deep breath and turns back to the group with another smile on his face.

Michael Thunder: "Gettin' there, I appreciate ya concern. The Eternal Circle have played their card and done all they can to take this legend out, and I'm pleased to report they've fuckin' failed. Ya can knock Michael Thunder to the ground but ya sure as fuck can't keep him there. I'm in my 50s now, ain't exactly a spring chicken am I? That bein' said I've had my fair share of hurts in the past and I sure as hell know how to handle 'em now. I can roll with these punches just like I've rolled with so many over the past three decades. All in a day's work. Now, if that's all you've got I really must be goin'—"

Journalist: "Mr. Thunder, just one more question – do you trust MDK?"

The question hits him like a bullet, stopping him dead. Any jovial smiles and banter with the journalists falls away as he stares from one reporter to another, and then down at the floor. Did he trust MDK? Could he really stand shoulder to shoulder with Danny Tenegra once again? It was a question that had circled around his own head constantly. It was a question he had buried down deep inside, pretended it wasn't there, got on with what he had to do for the good of The Experts.

Thunder looks up, inhales deeply, and plasters the smile back on.

Michael Thunder: "Of course. My enemy's enemy is my best friend; it's even easier when you've got a history as long as MDK and I do. He's a changed man. Our match next week is gonna be an old school technical classic with no ulterior motives, I can promise ya that. Now, as I said, I've gotta get goin'."

He nods and steps away before any more questions can blindside him, but still it keeps running through his head... can he trust MDK? Can he step into the ring opposite Tenegra and truly expect it to be a fair and even contest?

Does he have any choice?

"Well, here we go again Tenegra ..."

The scene opens once more in Michael Thunder's hotel room as he reclines in a leather armchair, his trademark glass of whisky balanced on his lap, a pensive expression on his face. The bruises on his neck have settled with time, however the concern and caution surrounding the upcoming match has clearly left its worrisome mark on The Living Legend.

Michael Thunder: "Who'd have thought it, Danny? All these years later, and Michael Thunder and MDK are side by side in The One Ring Circus once again. Claimin' to be a team, claimin' to have a shared goal in takin' out a mutual enemy and relievin' 'em of a championship and power, tellin' the world it doesn't fuckin' matter who gets the glory as long as the job is done. Neither of us believed it when it was the TFWF World Heavyweight Championship, but we smiled for the cameras, tagged each other in and out, and told the fans it was all fine when one of us won and the other didn't. How long did that façade last? Days? Weeks maybe? Until it all fell apart and we went to war on one another. I've still got the scars from our battles Tenegra... I'm sure ya do too.

Maybe the history books are gonna paint me a fool. Hell I'm sure half of the world's media thinks I'm already showin' signs of early-onset dementia. Don't I remember what a double-crossin' fuckin' snake Danny Tenegra is? Don't I remember the reign of terror he ruled over half the wrestlin' world? A reign I so willingly participated in for a small taste of glory – a reign that will forever haunt and shame me. Course I remember, it plays in my mind over an' over an' over again. I know who I've climbed into bed with, but I ain't exactly got a choice..."

He throws back a gulp of whisky, a snarl forming on his face as he leans forward, staring deeper into the camera as he speaks directly to MDK.

Michael Thunder: "It sounds like a pathetic fuckin' cliché to say this is bigger than the both of us, but truth is Tenegra it is. This company embodies the legacy I wanna leave in this sport – a group that prides itself on promotin' honour, rewardin' talent, bringin' wrestlers all across the world together to compete and grow. It's so fuckin' vital to the success of the sport I helped fuckin' craft, and it's bein' torn apart. We're one step closer to that Elimination Chamber, one step closer to the six best battlin' it out, the winner perhaps comin' out as True Expert Champion. Danny I know the One Ring Circus is all for one and one for all, I know we've been fucked over by Legion and Kahrs in puttin' us all against each other, but the truth is I have to get in that match.

This is personal for me. This is the organisation I lead to the successes it has today, this is the legacy I've forged for myself, and I will not see it go to those fuckin' dogs. They've put us in each other's path – so be it. Let's show them why we're the best out there, let's show them the masterclass of technical wrestlin' they came to see. But Tenegra, know this, I will fight you just as hard as any other fucker in my way. Before that bell rings and after that bell rings whether I like it or not I am your teammate and your brother in arms, but between those bells? Between those bells I intend on showin' you the Living Legend that made the first ever True Expert Champion tap the fuck out last week. I intend on showin' you why I am The Boss around these parts, and I intend on takin' two more points in this tournament."

Thunder pauses briefly, considering his words as he sighs deeply.

"Do I trust MDK? It's a question I was asked recently. Truth is I haven't got a fuckin' choice. So yes... I trust ya Tenegra... I'm sure it'll be my undoing but we've been through far too much together, and I've got this gut feelin' you're doin' this for somethin' bigger than your own glory. But hear me out... I will wrestle you with all I have and then some... and if you dare... if you even think of double crossin' me again Tenegra... I'll make sure the last thing you see is my face as you're fuckin' Thunderstruck."

Fin.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Adam Wrong

We are in the huge Ryōgoku Sumo Hall which is packed to the rafters watching the final shows of the year as gargantuan beasts of combat collide in the centre of the chalk circle as the enthralled crowd watch on. Sat in an executive seat and chomping on popcorn sits M.D.K. as he watches with a relaxed look on his face. Sat just behind him is his driver come man-servant Hiroshi who hands him a napkin on demand. The seat to his left is empty for a short amount of time until a familiar figure fills it. Neither M.D.K. nor Denise Crosby of The Experts acknowledge each other as they continue to watch to big battle in the centre of the arena but they speak to each other casually.

Denise: "Nicely done with the little green bug..."

M.D.K.: "I do what I do... but what now?"

Denise: "Now we have to really test your moral fibre. You know what's coming next and you know how interested other parties will be in this match-up."

M.D.K.: "The old man..."

Denise: "There is many a good tune to be played on an old fiddle..."

M.D.K.: "And I bet your old fiddle has played many a good tune..."

Crosby: "Again... 100% too much penis for my liking... Thanks though..."

M.D.K.: "What an image... So what is with the interested parties?"

Crosby: "Both you and Mr Thunder are regarded as favourites in the eyes of many watching this. Not just for the group but for the entire thing. There are some who will have interested eyes on one of you winning to ignite old rivalries while others will be hoping for you to cancel each other out and reduce both of your chances of winning overall by a significant margin."

M.D.K.: "And why should I care about what they think?"

Crosby: "Because people are still waiting to see what version of M.D.K. is going to pop up? Last week they couldn't gauge much but you and Michael... you have a history. A history where you have been known to betray your closest allies and you know well enough that you don't have many allies these days and neither does Michael..."

M.D.K.: "I saw what happened to him after his match week 2... nasty business that..."

Crosby: "And you had nothing to do with that?"

M.D.K.: "How fucking dare you..."

He throws his popcorn down in disgust and it covers the couple in front of him in the snack and glares at his accuser as he stands up.

Crosby: "I'm sorry... I just..."

M.D.K.: "No... no, no, no. I am an asshole, I am a devious son of a bitch and I like an underhand tactic as much as the next man but the one thing I won't do is take a short cut for a cheap win against a man like Mickey Thunder."

He is tapped on the shoulder by the man who M.D.K. spilt popcorn on and his unhappy girlfriend and the man shouts at him in Japanese.

Man: "Nanishiteruno?

Denise leans in...

Denise: "He's asking what you are doing."

M.D.K.: "Easy now Jackie Chan... wind your fucking neck in..."

M.D.K. offers him a simple shove into the chest of the man and he tumbles backwards into the group of heavily tattooed men in the row in front of him who immediately take a dislike to the intruder into their party and square off with him. He nonchalantly sits back down, picks a piece of popcorn out of the stunned woman's hair and resumes eating his popcorn.

M.D.K.: "Denise, the fact that I am an asshole is one thing, my lack of moral fibre is another thing and my desire to win at all costs is another... but to cut corners and to fuck over a man who is the closest thing to an individual I can trust? That ain't me any more..."

A smile creeps across Denise's face. M.D.K. gives her an irritated look.

M.D.K.: "What?"

Denise: "I think that's another test passed Mr Tenegra..."

M.D.K.: "Shut up and watch the conflict..."

Denise: "You truly wanted a taste of Japan... so you came here... on today of all days?"

M.D.K.: "What? Sumo season doesn't resume until next year and the tickets were cheap!"

We finally see the ring properly and see that instead of the traditional sumo contest that would happen in this arena... we are watching a glorified love-child of Robot Wars and Kaiju Big Battle where two gigantic humanoid robots are beating the hell out of each other in a cloud of sparks and engine fluid. We continue to watch the scene for a while until the scene fades out to one of the same arena only this time empty... In the centre of the sumo circle stands M.D.K. with his hands balled up into fists. He looks down at the crowd and breathes deeply as he sprinkles the salt at his feet before tossing it in front of him. He looks hard into the camera with steely determination.

M.D.K.: "It feels like you and I have been in this world now for a millennia. It feels like we have battled with and against each other more times than I care to remember and it feels like even after all this time, we are peerless amongst this sea of peons, peasants and pissants... You're welcome."

He leans into the camera and winks at those final two words.

M.D.K.: "We are too old, too tired and far too experienced to dance around each other. We have been in each other's company for too damn long to try anything new, try anything fresh and to attempt anything that the other of us haven't seen... We can no doubt finish each other's sentences and know each other far too well and we know one key thing about each other..."

"Both of us have done a lot in our careers, we have climbed the highest peaks, experiences the most lunatic of highs and attained glory in the toughest companies that this industry has to offer... But neither of us has been the True Expert, neither of us has been to the top of the Experts mountain and neither of us have won the Extreme Tournament and for both of us... this could well be our last hurrah. To be honest, this match is a winner take all for both of us and we both know that both of us will give everything we have to be top of our group come the end of this week."

"So I stand before you in the centre of the ring that epitomises Japanese tradition... It is a symbol of honesty, integrity and power with a vow to you that despite every misgiving that you are well within your right to have, you can trust me."

He tosses salt across the centre of the ring akin to the traditional start to Sumo matches before continuing.

M.D.K.: "It would be an insult to you and your legacy, to me and my legacy and to the legacy of The Experts for me to betray you at this stage of the tournament and of our careers. What we have before us is a battle to symbolise the old guard of professional wrestling, the greatest battle of the old gun-slingers and one which will once again, allow you and I to etch our name in the annals of Experts history."

He offers a knowing smile to the camera and tilts his head.

M.D.K.: "But don't get me wrong Mickey... For all of the honour and for all of the respect that we have for each other, don't think for a heartbeat that I won't stop at nothing in a bid to be standing tall at the end of this week. Don't think that I won't scratch claw and bite my way towards a victory over you. Don't think that I won't hesitate in putting your ancient arse down and out for the count. Don't think that I won't take advantage of your broken, battered and bruised body in order to win. Don't even consider the idea that I will respect your injuries, will respect your broken down old body or respect your desire for victory in order to take what I want. And don't you dare even dream that I won't happily render you truly... and utterly... INFERIOR"

He takes another handful of sand and tosses it at the camera which ends the feed and the show.