Started by Alex Smiley, January 28, 2019, 12:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Smiley

A Dual Return!
(Word Limit: 2500)
Maverick Jones vs Black Death

RP Deadline: Sunday, February 23 at 11:59PM Pacific

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Black Death

[Announcer]  This is a Public Service Announcement, brought to you by Black Death James Wallace.  Black Death wants you to know that it tricky to rock a rhythm, to rock a rhythm that right on time ... it Tricky.

Words

There are about 800,000 words in the English language. But 300,000 or so of the words technical words  and scientific jargon used only by a narrow range of specified various fields  and disciplines. That leaves you and me 500,000 words from which to select as we communicate in our daily lives.

Of Course, nobody carries around a vocabulary of half-a-million words. In fact, the average person knows only about 10,000 words and uses only about 5,000 in everyday speech.

That's it – just 5,000 commonly used words to communicate a universe of ideas,, emotions, events and desires. These words are the only thing that I have left. To tell you the place about me and only thing I really left.

Maybe I should carify myself a little bit before I continue. For many of you who don't know who I am. My name is James Wallace , aka Black Death, I was a pro wrestler. For a period of time I was the best pro wrestler in the game. I am the only person to win the True Experts title 3 times. I have defended more time than anyone in history and held title in multiple promotions.  I wrestle for 20 years , I face the best this game had to offer and I beat them. But it the Experts where I made my name and this name is reason that I have this challenge coming up .

Maverick Jones , I know this man well , I know him from my time in VWF. He was there the same time I was and I watch many matches that he was in. I respect the talent that this man has. I believe that he respect me also. That the reason that he made this challenge. Maverick earned his shot at the True Experts title because he won a ladder match for a golden ticket. It was a great match where Maverick out lasted 6 other great wrestlers to win that chance. But Maverick wants to prove that he is the best in the game. Maybe he feels that he did not earn the right to be champion because he was the one person that was able to stand on a ladder long enough to get a briefcase that was suspended over the ring. So he issued a challege to me. He wants to beat me , the man that made the True Experts title famous , to prove that he is ready to be called the True Experts champion. I respect that , I can understand that . For A long time I was kind of like that. I wanted to prove that I earn my shots, I wanted to wrestle and beat the best before I move forward and I will be honest I have always wanted to face Maverick Jones in the ring. I never got a chance to face him in the ring when I was in VWF.

I think I need to stop for moment, consider if this is something that I even need to do anymore. Why should I, I got nothing to prove anymore. I been champion , I been great , I had some of the best matches this game has ever seen. I am a hall of famer, I am legend , why do I need to keep fighting. I got a family at home that loves me. There is something about testing your ski8lls against a challenger of Maverick Jones caliber. I can see if I still have what it takes to run with the big dogs again. Also I got nothing to lost if your going to be honest. Maverick Jones has everything to lose. That can make all the difference.

There is a big problem, You see Maverick mindset is all wrong, I respect it , but it wrong , he does not need to prove anything to anyone but himself. It comes from a lack of confidence in his abilities. He should be happy with his win. But he takes on an extra challenge that does not help him in the slightest.  If he actually stop to think  about it. It a no win situation for him. If he wins , he just beat a retired wrestler that been out of the game  for a few years and if he loses, he just lose to a retired wrestler that been out of the game for a few years. Damn if you do and damn if you don't. But again, Marverick stuck me as man that did not care want other people thought of him. So he does not care.

Maverick , I might not be in the best  any more , but I never shy away from a challenge and I will not start now. I am looking forward to facing you in the ring. I will admit I always wanted to see you across the ring from me , but remember the old saying be careful what you wish for because you might just get it. I will not be holding back when I face in that ring. You are going to get the full measure of my skills. Your going to get to see what made me the best , why people would just promotions just to test me , just to beat me , reason people still say my name with with awe. Yeah I might be past my prime , but and old dog still has a few tricks up my sleeves

I started this things out speaking about the common words that we all use. Words have power , they have more power that we even know. But they can over go so far . I hope everyone that listens to this , hear my words , more than just hear. I want them to know. Actions also have power. I want you all to know don't let the smooth taste fool you. I am still dangerous man when I get into ring . I am going to test you Maverick. I understand that what you want , you want to know if you are ready to be champion. Iron is forge by Iron. I am going to take you to the next level. But ask yourself are you ready for this. Can you be the man that can hold that title. Very few have held that belt , very few of been worthy to call themsleves the True Experts. That why you want to face . That why you took this match. I know I can look into your soul and I can see the truth. I amgoing to get you there. Are you ready?

I am Black Death , I am the Truth and the rest are just lies .

[Announcer] This has been a Public Service Announcement, Bought to you by Black Death James Wallace. Black Death who reminds you to help control the pet population, be sure to spray and neuter your dogs and cats.

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

T-Bonizzle

"Sometimes, I find myself floating. Floating, I could come up with other synonyms, like hovering, wafting, swimming, soaring. Oh, soaring! But that's not appropriate. That implies flying, moving upwards at a great height. No, floating is where it is at. I find myself floating. Drifting? No, floating.

Everything is at stake, and yet nothing is. I'm here because I want to be here. Because I have to be. This is my chance to mess it all up, my chance to carry on like normal, and my chance to make a big impact. At the expense of Black Death. Who has nothing to prove, and nothing at stake. But I know everything is at stake. He knows it, and I know it. The end of the world? Why do I keep coming back to that?

Why do I keep coming back to the end of the world?

I'm less sure each day of where I am in the timeline. The end of the world isn't happening Maverick, and yet I fear it at every moment. Every moment The Deep King has his hands of the True Artifact...or rather every moment Jack Benevolence had his hands on the Title of True Expert, all I feel is restless. Like I am floating in my time, but I am just an observer. An observer to my own reality.

A lot has changed since I got my hands on the Golden Ticket. Jack wants it. I don't know why, and normally I wouldn't worry about it. It's my opportunity at him, or someone in the future. But, ever since my meeting with him in that tower...I've felt eyes on me. All the time. Someone is watching me. Are they real?"

---

Maverick rounds the corner to where Legacy Plaza begins, but spins around and stops at a hot dog cart on the corner. Maverick sheepishly lurks at the stand and peers into various metallic parts.

Hot-Dog-Guy: You gonna buy something or what?

Maverick: Or what? Oh. Umm...hey uhhh Sal, is anyone ummm, looking at me right now?

Maverick tilts his head quickly but continues to stare at the stand.

Sal: This some kinda joke? Quit wasting my time.

Maverick: No, I swear...I'll buy something. Something. Please, I just gotta know...I think I'm being followed.

Sal: What do you mean followed?

Maverick: By someone looking to harm me. I think. Or rather they work for someone looking to harm me.

Sal: Really? You're like a lumberjack out here.

Maverick looks up at him and then runs his hands through his beard.

Sal: Either buy something or go away. You're scaring away the customers.

Maverick: There's a street taco truck down the block, you ain't got any customers Sal.

Sal scoffs.

Maverick: Just give me whatever. Here.

Maverick digs out a $20 bill from his pocket and throws it on the stand with a couple of crumpled receipts. Sal shrugs and then takes the money. He starts fishing out a hot dog from a steaming bucket.

Sal: What are you running from anyway?

Maverick: The Deep King...I mean Jack. Jack. Jack Benevolence. He wants something of mine. This briefcase.

Maverick unzips his quilted jacket to reveal the briefcase against his chest. Sal nods.

Sal: Good hiding place. This one of them game shows? I seen it on TV once.

Maverick: Game show? No, I'm a professional wrestler. Jack wants to steal this from me so he can finally take control of The Experts.

Sal: And what do you want it for?

Maverick: Oh, I want to wrestle him in a match.

Sal drops the hot dog he was assembling. He mutters a curse under his breath and Maverick sneaks a peak over his shoulder.

Sal: You're telling me that whatever is in this briefcase has the power to give a man control of a company.

Maverick: It's more than a company, it's a legacy. And I think it is worth tons of money.

Sal: But you want to use it for a wrestling match?

Maverick: It'll be for the Title of True Expert. Plus, I think I can prevent the world from ending.

Sal: You're crazy.

Maverick: Right, that's what a lot of people say. But look right there, that woman in sunglasses.

Maverick points at the reflection in the metal to a woman standing across the street.

Sal: Ehh...she's like a 5.

Maverick: Oh, that's worse than I thought. She's been following me. Or at least a guy was, and now it's her.

Sal: You're paranoid.

Maverick: No, paranoid people have nothing to worry about. I'm being followed by a guy who has unlimited money to pay people off to get me. Anyone could...

Maverick steps back from the hot dog stand in horror.

With Benevolence's agents closing around him, Maverick sees his chance. A forgotten door, just outside the Legacy Plaza Arena. He makes a break for it, but trips and falls face first. Maverick feels the breath leave him as the briefcase in his jacket slams into his ribs.

----------

Maverick feels disoriented as the door shuts behind him, and he stares at blackness.

"Oh, my legs. I can move them, beautiful legs." Maverick says out loud to no one in particular. He turns around and let's his eyes adjust to the room. Storage, from the looks of it. Discarded gear from past wrestling events. He explores a bent ladder with his hands.

"What am I doing? Am I the guy who can stand up to the caliber of a man like Black Death? I'm like this bent ladder right? He's bigger and stronger. Maybe, like this ladder, I will be bent under his weight, and useless."

Maverick runs his hand along the rungs one by one.

"Or maybe I'll be bent just because I've been used to beat him down. I don't know. I do know this. I wanted this match...because I needed this match. And I wanted it months ago, but a certain King decided he didn't want that to happen. Jack's afraid of me, I know it."

Maverick moves on to another piece of equipment, a pile of discarded ring ropes.

"But, Black Death's not afraid of me. Black Death has nothing to prove right? So why would he be afraid? I know I can beat him right? That's a lie, we've never had a real encounter before. But yet...he is afraid. Because why else would he have said yes to this match? He said yes toa match that he doesn't need. I'm the one who needs it."

Maverick continues, stepping over various chairs, some bent, some broken.

"He is afraid of me, and that's why he agreed to this match. To deny me here and now, would be to admit to himself that he's done. Past his prime. And so on. No one wants to admit that. I think that's why Jack has so much hate in his heart. Because he doesn't want to catch up with someone like Black Death. How long do our abilities hold up?

I need this match...because I need to be worthy of the Title of True Expert. I realize, Black Death needs this match too. Deep down, we all have the fear, ya know? He accepted this match, because the alternative was too difficult to think about. He tells himself he has nothing to prove, because he knows I have everything to prove. We will cross paths in combat, because deep down, he needs this just as much as I do."

Maverick walks past more arena like equipment.

"But, I'm here. I have the Golden Ticket. Can a man call his shot twice in one time line? I called it once, right? Well, I'm calling it again. I need this match, and I need this win, more than Black Death does. Do you know how people lose matches? How people are unable to lift their shoulders and inch off the mat? Because at a certain point, people don't need the punishment of a match. So they let their shoulders fall. They let their hand waver. But, I can't do that. Black Death, I'm sorry, but I can't let my shoulders hit the mat, and I can't let my hand waver."

Maverick makes his way to the door at the other end of the room.

"But, tell yourself that you can make it happen. Maybe it'll help you quell your fear."