News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MMA Fantasy Game Thread

Started by Cory, January 27, 2010, 06:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

The following will be the first Fantasy MMA Draft Game.

Everyone who has responded to the sign-up thread has been accounted for. The draft will be a snake style draft, based off the first randomized list. After all of the rounds have been completed, a Poll will be placed and everyone can vote on who has the best card.
Rules: (Stolen from the Wrestling Draft and modified)

The aim of the game is to pick 14 MMA Fighters and put on a 6 or 7 match PPV with 1 of those being a Female Fight. That's basically 1 Female Fight and at least 5 others. When the draft is finished, you will present your cards. After the cards have been presented, members of the EFK forums will vote for their favourites.

Here are the round stipulations.
Keep in mind that this is a Snake Draft so keep in mind what position you will be drafting in when you have a chance to complete a match
Example: You draft Frank Mir first, you will not have a oppurtunity to draft a opponent of his until the sixth round and if the person you want to face Mir is not in Strikeforce then you will be able to draft him in round 7 but you will be picking last in that round.

Rounds
1 - Heavyweight
2 - Light Heavyweight
3 - Middleweight
4 - Welterweight
5 - Lightweight
6 - UFC Fighter
7 - Strikeforce Fighter
8 - Female Fighter
9 - Must have fought in japan
10 - Retired fighter
11 - Female Fighter
12 - Any fighter
13 - Any fighter
14 - Any Fighter

-Only a few match requirements and limits will apply:

-- Every card must have at least 6 matches.

-- Every card may can use a title for each class, meaning each fight if a title fight (HW, LHW, MW, WW, LW... Womens title is your choice)

-Draft Picks are the ONLY thing to be posted in the ‘DRAFT HERE!’ topic. Please be wary of that, I don’t want to have to be a pain the ass for calling someone out about it. If someone has missed their pick due to time running out and you are the first to notice, you may post it in the 'Discussion Thread'.

-Only 2 strikes for missing picks will be allowed. The time limit for every pick in every round is 24 hours on the board as of the time of the post preceding to the minute. If by the first pick you manage to get onto the forums before I do to post the end of the round, then you can pick at the end of the draw. If you do this but miss out for a second time, or you generally miss out a second time, then you're gone from the draft and your picks are locked until Round 12.

-Trading will not be allowed at all during the draft. No discussions, no planning, just draft who you plan to book. A short 3 day trading window will be allowed after the entire draft is over. Those 3 days will also be for anyone who missed a pick during the draft and wants to get at least a warm body on their card instead of having a blank spot. A separate topic for trading will be made to ensure that people are in agreement for the trades and that people aren't getting pressured into making unfair trades. I think trade talk should stay within the trade because it's a little unfair if people are going on MSN and trying to trade with people for unfair spots.

-Drafters will be given 3 days after the three day trading period to put together, finalize, and post their card that is traditionally with the topic named

If you need help on finding fighters, feel free to check my p4p list, which includes every weight class covered here in the draft game @

Official Fighter Rankings

It tells you champions, records, ect....

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Round 1:

HEAVYWEIGHT FIGHTER

1. Malic
  2. Speedy
  3. Enigmatic One
  4. MMAFanatic
  5. Josh
  6. Midas
  7. Duckman
  8. Cory

24 hour deadline between picks. No duplicates

Cory

Malic

I hope I didn't miss this but Frank Mir.

Jennifer

Dang it. Oh well, that makes the choice easier.

Fedor Emelianenko.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

MMAfanatic

Midas

Cory

Yes, were skipping the other dude. He has 1 more chance or hes removed from the game.

MMAfanatic

Cory

Josh

Midas

Fucking Cotoure going to LHW...

Anyways Cro Cop...

I think this will be more fun when we get to LHW...

Cory

Cory

Sam has about three and a half hours to make his pick