NXT Spoilers/Updates/News

Started by Fnord, November 11, 2013, 02:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravedigger

CM Punk ruined it for everyone who wants to keep their name.....

Chris Shields

It's not the worst name I've ever heard, and it is an Irish sounding name. Balor is actually a figure in Irish mythology, so Devitt may have actually had some say in the name, similar to KENTA.

Stoner

Finn and Balor are both big names in Irish mythology.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Drama Queen

Finn maccumhail is like the most legendary figure in Irish mythology. Though it should be be spelled Fionn. I think Finn is a more anglicized/Americanized version of the name.

Then again wwe spell it Shawn instead of Sean. Surprised they don't spell seamus with a H.

jagilki

Should of named him after the greatest RKW Jobber ever.

Prince Drama Queen.

T-Bonizzle

Quote from: Drama Queen on September 25, 2014, 06:17:01 PM
Finn maccumhail is like the most legendary figure in Irish mythology. Though it should be be spelled Fionn. I think Finn is a more anglicized/Americanized version of the name.

Then again wwe spell it Shawn instead of Sean. Surprised they don't spell seamus with a H.

They do spell Sheamus with the H...

Chris Shields

Much like Hideo Itami, it's a name that makes sense with the heritage of the wrestler, but isn't corny or gimmicky. The name change I'm really interested in is Steen. There's not a lot of Canadian mythology or comic book characters to choose from. All though there are a ton of Canadian sports stars, actors, and some musicians. Could also maybe use the fact he was trained by the Quebecers, or they could just go with a random normal sounding name. With KENTA and Devitt, they had a direction they could go in to find a new name, not so much with Steen.

jagilki

Breaking.

Kevin Steen is now known as Tom Horton.

Chris Shields

Quote from: jagilki on September 25, 2014, 06:37:40 PM
Breaking.

Kevin Steen is now known as Tom Horton.
This is funny on the Tim Horton's joke, and funny on a personal level because that happens to be my uncle's real name.

Hondo

Kill Horton Kill...

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Mike Powers

Krazy

Chris Shields

Quote from: Krazy on September 25, 2014, 10:11:47 PM
He could go as Lloyd Boner?
Your attempted joke was bad and you should feel bad.

Strike

Quote from: JackHondo on September 25, 2014, 06:42:07 AM
Here's what I don't get.

They make this huuuge deal about signing Kenta and Devitt and Steen. They specifically mention on their websites, TV shows, etc. "Holy crap, boys! We signed Kenta!" They do interviews with them on the website, specifically calling them by their well-known names, etc. etc.

And then turn around and give them dumb WWE names anyway.

I mean, what's the point?

Your answer, in a nutshell.

http://youtu.be/CtOl-0imIqU