News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NXT Spoilers/Updates/News

Started by Fnord, November 11, 2013, 02:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Stern

Steen/Owens debut teaser:
A cryptic warning is sent to the NXT roster: WWE NXT, Nov. 20, 2014

got to admit "Fight, Owens, Fight" still has a good ring to it..

Fnord

- There's been some talk of having Finn Balor and Hideo Itami make a run at the NXT Tag Team Titles before having singles runs in NXT. There's still no word on their main roster call-ups but it was believed when Balor signed with WWE that one of his requests was that he not stay in developmental for too long.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Fnord

** SPOILERS ** WWE NXT Tapings For December And January

[spoiler]
* Brian Kendrick vs. Solomon Crowe is the dark match. Crowe won after a good match. Kendrick got a big welcome back pop.

12/18/2014 Episode:

* In ring segment with Adrian Neville and Kevin Owens. Neville says Sami Zayn isn't here. Owens says he will fight if Neville wants to.

* Becky Lynch defeated Bayley.

* Bull Dempsey defeated a local wrestler.

* Baron Corbin squashed a local wrestler. Bull watched from the ramp and there was a quick altercation after.

* The Ascension defeated Enzo Amore and Big Cass. Ascension did a promo on Hideo Itami and Finn Balor after the match.

* The referee stopped Owens vs. Neville when Neville got pushed into the ring post and was out. Owens powerbombed Neville on the apron after. This was a great match.

* Neville was stretchered out.

12/25/2014 Episode:

* Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch came out. Ric Flair came out and praised Charlotte before introducing her. Charlotte retained over Sasha and celebrated with Flair.

* Sin Cara and Kalisto defeated Jason Jordan and Tye Dillinger. The Vaudevillians laid them out after the match.

* Enzo and Cass introduced Carmella before she cut a promo. They also introduced Blue Pants, who got a massive reaction. The former Leva Bates won after Enzo accidentally distracted Carmella. Carmella hit Enzo, lost her weave and stormed off.

* Baron Corbin squashed CJ Parker. Baron called out Bull, who was watching from ringside. Baron pulled Bull over the barrier and they brawled until officials separated them.

* Devin Taylor interviewed Charlotte. Sasha and Becky cornered her but Natalya came out and they retreated.

* Finn Balor and Hideo Itami defeated The Ascension.

1/1/2015 Episode:

* Sami Zayn comes out to a big pop and talks about being NXT Champion. He runs through the crowd. Adrian Neville interrupts but is friendly. William Regal comes out and makes the rematch for next week.

* Tyler Breeze defeated Chad Gable.

* Sasha Banks defeated Alexa Bliss.

* Sin Cara and Kalisto retained over The Vaudevillians.

* Hideo Itami defeated Curtis Axel.

1/8/2015 Episode:

* Finn Balor defeated Tyson Kidd.

* Sasha and Becky defeated Charlotte and Natalya.

* Baron Corbin defeated Bull Dempsey.

* Sami Zayn defeated Adrian Neville to retain. Owens attacked Sami after the match.[/spoiler]

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Chris Stern

That DDT..

was a thing of beauty

Black Death

Quote from: Chris Stern on December 18, 2014, 05:22:44 PM
That DDT..

was a thing of beauty

awesome...

the total match was five star
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Chris Stern

Quote from: Black Death on December 19, 2014, 02:46:12 AM
awesome...

the total match was five star

I agree. If NXT keeps churning out this level of awesomeness, I really do hope that Trips get's Vince to make it a full fledge brand so long as Trips get's to keep full control over it and keeps Vince and Dunn far away from it. Since it could possibly do well enough to convince Vince that this is the way to go and start making the main shows more like NXT.

Hey a man can still dream. 

Krazy

Did Steen/Pac have matching in PWG? When I was watching it I was like this match reminds me of a PWG match. The ending spot talking about that powerbomb spot is awesome! Graves sells it like he was hit with it. This shows Trips needs to be in charge of creative not Vince.

Chris Stern

Quote from: Krazy on December 19, 2014, 07:04:51 PM
Did Steen/Pac have matching in PWG? When I was watching it I was like this match reminds me of a PWG match. The ending spot talking about that powerbomb spot is awesome! Graves sells it like he was hit with it. This shows Trips needs to be in charge of creative not Vince.

Technically Trips is already head of creative(he was moved up from head of Talent relations about a year or two ago) but yeah he still answers to Vince, like all heads of creative and if what the dirt sheets were saying are true, trips is also having problems with Kevin Dunn. So basically nothing will change in WWE until Vince steps down or takes a back seat/hands off approach to the promotion.

Krazy

Quote from: Chris Stern on December 19, 2014, 07:16:06 PM
Technically Trips is already head of creative(he was moved up from head of Talent relations about a year or two ago) but yeah he still answers to Vince, like all heads of creative and if what the dirt sheets were saying are true, trips is also having problems with Kevin Dunn. So basically nothing will change in WWE until Vince steps down or takes a back seat/hands off approach to the promotion.

Vince's stupid ass needs to step down and Kevin Dunn needs to be canned. The way to improve the ratings of main programming and get those buys for the network. Remove those out of date idiots.

Does anyone know if PAC took on Steen in PWG?

Chris Stern

Quote from: Krazy on December 19, 2014, 07:33:44 PM
Vince's stupid ass needs to step down and Kevin Dunn needs to be canned. The way to improve the ratings of main programming and get those buys for the network. Remove those out of date idiots.

Does anyone know if PAC took on Steen in PWG?

You would be hard pressed to find someone that is a wrestling fan that would argue with you on that. Not saying that there is not some idiots out there that think Vince and Kevin are doing fine or at least Kevin Dunn isn't a shit head anyway but in time they will be gone, once Vince steps down Kevin Dunn will be gone as well since if what is being said is true Trips is going to fire him the first chance he gets especially if Kevin is trying to sabotage him.

And yes PAC/Nevile took on Steen/Owens in PWG
PWG - PAC vs Kevin Steen - Highlights

The TeeJ of Philly

NXT can't be a third brand because there are no brands any more. And even if there was, remember the last time there was an interesting third brand. ECW was interesting for the first few months then WWE said, it's not WWE enough. NXT is but would be watered down by having more main roster guys on it and it would lose the aura of it not being WWE while still being WWE.

Chris Stern

Quote from: The TeeJ of Philly on December 19, 2014, 08:39:41 PM
NXT can't be a third brand because there are no brands any more. And even if there was, remember the last time there was an interesting third brand. ECW was interesting for the first few months then WWE said, it's not WWE enough. NXT is but would be watered down by having more main roster guys on it and it would lose the aura of it not being WWE while still being WWE.

I was just going on what Trips said in a conference call with Meltzer and others before NXT Arrival R Evolution.

The TeeJ of Philly

I honestly that'd ruin it. Even if he had full say over it, I think the part we all love about it is that it's not WWE while still being WWE. We all suspend our disbelief for the hour each week and enjoy the show, not worrying about what the WWE will do with them once they get up, not worrying if they'll really pan out properly. That hour is bliss because we don't do anything but enjoy watching the matches. That and the fact it's the simplest of writing everyone has one goal and everyone else is just getting in their way of it. You make it a full fledged show and it that means you have to make each story different because it's no longer about making it to the WWE.

It's been a year and they've done a lot and they're hitting a now level of entertainment, but I think becoming a third show on the level of Smackdown should be at least another year away.

If I'm Vince rather than spend money on having NXT on the level of smackdown, I'd give Triple H the post Mania time and give him control of Smackdown. Vince will never ever let RAW go until he is finally done, but Smackdown I could see him giving to HHH and say "You're doing great with NXT, try something else"

I'd love for NXT to stay how it is, it's great and it's an alternative to it's own company, anything that make it like the other shows, I'm not for.

ToneCold

Love that I read this last page of this thread (Great reading by the way, I still maintain NXT is the WWE Show I am most likely to enjoy based on what little I've seen of it), and then saw this which kinda relates to the chat and made me giggle (when it comes to NXT, even I'M not quite this cynical!).

That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

Black Death

if they  apply what  they use on nxtt with the other shows , they would be better off .
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"