News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2013-14 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Started by Cory, August 22, 2013, 04:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Just getting this up now as we are just over a week away from the start of the college football season.

Feel free to trash talk, or hype up games, much like last season.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jon

For those that have an iPhone and have Siri... Ask her who her favorite college football team is!

=D

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

Who are you all liking for Heisman this year? I sadly dont think Clowney will live up to the hype (I hope he does, how sick would that be).

My current pre-season watch is:

Sleeper: RB Mark Weisman -- Iowa (Dude started 5 games last season had 750 yards and 8 TDs)

5. QB Marcus Mariota -- Oregon
4. QB Braxton Miller -- Ohio State
3. QB Johnny Manziel -- Texas A&M (Could change is he's suspended)
2. DE Jadeveon Clowney -- South Carolina
1. QB Tajh Boyd -- Clemson

--

BCS Top 5 Prediction:

5. South Carolina 10-2 (Fall short, not enough weapons offensivly, lose to Georgia and Clemson)
4. Georgia 11-1 (Lose to Clemson, not quite there defensivly, but Murrary & Gurley will beast)
3. Alabama 12-0 (They should run the SEC, but fuck their boring ass team)
2. Clemson 12-0 (Expect them to dominate, Boyd/Watkins dominate, very solid d this year)
1. Ohio State 12-0 (Terrible easy schedule, will put up Oregon numbers)

Justin

Quote from: Cory on August 22, 2013, 05:08:07 PM
Who are you all liking for Heisman this year? I sadly dont think Clowney will live up to the hype (I hope he does, how sick would that be).

My current pre-season watch is:

Sleeper: RB Mark Weisman -- Iowa (Dude started 5 games last season had 750 yards and 8 TDs)

5. QB Marcus Mariota -- Oregon
4. QB Braxton Miller -- Ohio State
3. QB Johnny Manziel -- Texas A&M (Could change is he's suspended)
2. DE Jadeveon Clowney -- South Carolina
1. QB Tajh Boyd -- Clemson

--

BCS Top 5 Prediction:

5. South Carolina 10-2 (Fall short, not enough weapons offensivly, lose to Georgia and Clemson)
4. Georgia 11-1 (Lose to Clemson, not quite there defensivly, but Murrary & Gurley will beast)
3. Alabama 12-0 (They should run the SEC, but fuck their boring ass team)
2. Clemson 12-0 (Expect them to dominate, Boyd/Watkins dominate, very solid d this year)
1. Ohio State 12-0 (Terrible easy schedule, will put up Oregon numbers)

Seeing as how I'm from Columbia and a diehard Gamecock fan, I hope Clowney wins the Heisman.  It's about time defense got some shine.  I will disagree with you though, and say he will live up to the hype.  He will finish with close to 20 sacks and 30 or so tackles for loss.  He's 6'6", 270lbs, runs a 4.4 and is stronger than last year.  His only knock is his takes plays off, but I think that changes this year.

Clemson won't go undefeated.  They of course will lose to SoutH Carolina like they have the last four years in a row and they will lose to Florida State.  South Carolina will also beat Georgia who doesn't have a defense, and our defense proved we can stop them as evident in last year's shellacking.

-I think Oregon loses two games.
-Alabama will lose one, but will still make the National Title Game and win the Championship.
-Johnny Manziel won't live up to the hype.
-Ohio State loses two games.

Mike Powers

Quote from: Jon on August 22, 2013, 04:43:12 PM
For those that have an iPhone and have Siri... Ask her who her favorite college football team is!

=D

I don't have an iPhone.  What does she say?

Cory

Mike Powers

Cory

Quote from: JustinP on August 22, 2013, 07:16:45 PM
-Ohio State loses two games.

Have you looked at their schedule? I HATE Ohio State, but they have such an easy schedule for the team they have there.

They will CRUSH Buffalo, San Diego State, Cal, Florida A&M.

Wisconsin will be their first challenge, but with no Montee Ball, I think the Badgers will struggle to point points up, James White is no Montee Ball.

5-0.

They should handle Northwestern easily, beat Iowa off the bye week, Penn State still arent there, so we're 8-0 with very little struggle.

Crush Purdue, Illinois, Indiana, and shouldnt struggle against a Michigan team that their much stronger on paper than.

Cory

Mike Powers

Jon

GO BEAVS!

-----

Alright, now my predictions.

Heisman:

1. Marcus Mariota - QB - Oregon
First off, I hate Oregon, but this guy is skilled and plays for an offense that puts up video game numbers. In my opinion, he is the best passer/running dual threat QB. I think he is better than Manziel and as long as Oregon gets into the BCS CG, then I think he'll be hoisting the trophy in December.

2. AJ McCarron - QB - Alabama
He wins games and doesn't make mistakes. That alone will get him into this conversation. But he has made strides with each season he has been with the team and I expect no different entering his Senior season. Expecting big thing out of AJ this season.

3. Jadevon Clowney - LB - South Carolina
I think he'll have a great year, but as we've seen in years past, the committee just doesn't go with defensive players. I think it'd be great to see win, but I just see him getting an invite.

4. Braxton Miller - QB - Ohio State
I don't trust his arm or else I'd have him higher, but he might be the best runner outside Manziel. He's also going to put up nasty numbers, but I think his SOS will hurt him in the end.

5. Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Louisville
Had a coming out party in the Sugar Bowl last season and if it wasn't for playing in a horrible conference... he might be the front runner for this season.

** Manziel would be #2 on this list, barring he doesn't miss any games via suspension. ** 

------

BCS Top 5

1. Alabama (13-0)
Team is too damn talented to drop a game this season. And I look for them to set the stage by blowing out A&M.

2. Oregon (13-0)
Think this will be there year where they put it all together and make another run at the National Championship.

3. Louisville (13-0)
Easy schedule has them here and undefeated. Even if the bigger conference teams all drop a game, they still won't get in over them with an undefeated record.

4. South Carolina (12-1)
Have a feeling they are really going to shine this season with their lone loss coming in the SECCG against Bama.

5. Stanford (11-1)
Lone loss will come at Oregon.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Cory

What games are you guys looking forward to week 1?

My top 5 games to watch (cause ranking EVERYTHING is ALWAYS better)

5. Louisiana-Monroe at Oklahoma (UPSET ALERT)
4. LSU at TCU (Can LSU finally put points up on the board?)
3. North Carolina at South Carolina (Lets see what Clowney has in stock, Renner is shaking in his boots)
2. Alabama vs. Virginia Tech (Logan Thomas who?)
1. Georgia at Clemson (Clemson starts their 12-0 season here, BOLD prediction)

Cory

Ole Miss/Vandy WHAT A GAME, Rutgers/Fresno St. looking good too.

Poor Clowney tho, victim of the hype machine

Justin

Quote from: Cory on August 30, 2013, 02:28:39 AM
Ole Miss/Vandy WHAT A GAME, Rutgers/Fresno St. looking good too.

Poor Clowney tho, victim of the hype machine

He had a stomach virus this week which really hampered his conditioning. He was sucking air like crazy.  Not to mention UNC's tempo.  It will get better.

Cory