News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Kobe being Kobe

Started by Bryan Payne, June 08, 2010, 01:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Payne

So, Kobe was asked in a press conference if he thought Labron James would go to New York... his response?...

"you're asking me if Labron is going to new york?  Let me answer that in the nicest way possible... I don't give a #$*@!"

Not that I can blame the guy as he's playing for yet another championship.   Jim Rome (ESPN) remarked that while they were at it they should just go ahead and ask him if Dwayne Wade was his idol too.  Takes a lot of balls or a total idiot to ask a question like that right then.  Then again knowing how Kobe tends to play when he feels like he's being slighted maybe the reporter was just a Lakers fan.

So while this NBA final seems to be going to go to the wire...

Assuming the Lakers win what does this mean for Kobe legacy wise?  Are the demons put to rest?  As good as he is has he lived up to the potential?  Is he sold short or over hyped?   Inquiring minds want to know..  and if he wins this ring and then goes on to win a sixth..  what then? 

Adam Wrong

the title made me think he was raping somebody

Bryan Payne

anyone else actually following the finals?  tonight the lakers just flat out embarrassed the celtics.. I mean DAMN.  towards the end of the game you saw the celtics big four sitting on the bench looking sorta shell shocked a day after everyone told them they had it in the bag. 

Doug E Fresh

I'm with M.D.K. lol.

Didn't care to watch cuz I'm a Cleveland guy (hence all sports fall apart around me) but I've taken notice to a few games. No consistency from either team otherwise this wouldn't be a seven game series.

Bryan Payne

agreed Doug; but I mean how do you even start to regroup after  a 20 point beat down like that?  I didn't recheck the final but they stayed 20 points down from the second quarter to the final buzzer with brief moments of cutting it to a shocking 16..  look out.. comeback alert.  I mean with the 2-3-2 format they're not even going to have the chance to regroup for game seven at home.

Doug E Fresh

No Kendrick Perkins for game 7 either. There goes good defense in the post. The team with the most rebounds has won every game. Lakers might win by 20 again tonight.

Bryan Payne

that would be a hell of an exclamation point on the series that's for sure.

Bryan Payne

And the Lakers repeat.    A rather weird game to watch... the Lakers couldn't shoot and the Celtics couldn't rebound.  Ultimately the Lakers eventually relied on Artest who had a monster game and 16 rebounds from Kobe (who struggled most of the night) and the Celtics who couldn't stay out of Penalty all night.

All in all, got to call that worthy series addition to the rivalry. 

Gary

Gasol and Artest won that championship for the Lakers, Kobe played crap last night, yet all the attention was on him, I also hate how fucking impartial the commentators where, it was all about the the Lakers..when they were down it was how bad they were playing, when they were up it was how good..never did the actually talk about Boston for an extended period of time.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Bryan Payne

Kobe did shoot like shit, but it's hard to argue with the effort 16 rebounds represent.  Without that, that game had the potential to get way way out of hand at several points.